• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Widevine downgrades from L1 to L3

Search This thread

alfrdfrd

May 13, 2021
As the title suggests, my Poco X3 NFC (MIUI 12.0.1.0RJGMIXM Android 11) widevine drm downgrades from L1 to L3 overnight. There were no updates and whatsoever. When I opened netflix it downgraded from L1 to L3. I've also updated all security certificates (FIDO and IFAA) but also for some reason I cannot update the Widevine certificate (Error code: 1).

Anthony_Key

Apr 5, 2021
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
As the title suggests, my Poco X3 NFC (MIUI 12.0.1.0RJGMIXM Android 11) widevine drm downgrades from L1 to L3 overnight. There were no updates and whatsoever. When I opened netflix it downgraded from L1 to L3. I've also updated all security certificates (FIDO and IFAA) but also for some reason I cannot update the Widevine certificate (Error code: 1).
Same situation, I hope it will be fixed in the next update

alfrdfrd

May 13, 2021
Hello, i download version 12.5.1 and it is solved, just go to the fingerprint settings, select payments with fingerprint and there will be the option to download the certificate, and you will be able to use the rom you want.
Yes as I've seen on reddit threads. They've fixed most bugs including the ones I've encountered and somehow improves performance in some ways. Can I ask if it improved the perfomance and if it has annoying bugs? I'll wait for the update so it is much safer as I don't have any replacement phone if something goes wrong. Thanks for the feedback.

alfrdfrd

May 13, 2021
Having used it for a while, I wouldn't that much better (at least on a complicated device as the PX3) but anything is better than the bloat and spyware of stock MIUI...
I liked MIUI features so xiaomi.eu might do it for me but I'm scared as I might hard brick my phone so probably I'll wait for the official update for my phone.

Anthony_Key

Apr 5, 2021
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Yes as I've seen on reddit threads. They've fixed most bugs including the ones I've encountered and somehow improves performance in some ways. Can I ask if it improved the perfomance and if it has annoying bugs? I'll wait for the update so it is much safer as I don't have any replacement phone if something goes wrong. Thanks for the feedback.
So far I have not had a problem, I even have magisk installed, the only thing that still does not fix is the launcher and the gestures (but if you use the default launcher there is no problem), so I am using the buttons right now.

alfrdfrd

May 13, 2021
So far I have not had a problem, I even have magisk installed, the only thing that still does not fix is the launcher and the gestures (but if you use the default launcher there is no problem), so I am using the buttons right now.
Did you apply for the pilot tester to receive the update? haven't received it yet so hoping it would be stable for the testers so they can release it soon.