• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Widevine L1 on unlocked bootloader

Search This thread

vettejock99

Senior Member
Feb 25, 2006
748
78
Austin, TX and Orange County, CA
Like many others, I had the L1->L3 issue after I updated to 11.0.1.1. I updated to 11.0.2.1 hoping it would fix it per the release notes, but it did not. I've now fixed it on my device, at least. I have no idea what step or combination of steps actually took care of it, but I wanted to share here in case it helps someone directly or indirectly fix this issue. FWIW, I have a GM1917 running stock OOS 11.0.2.1 GM21AA and stock recovery, but rooted with Magisk.

Here are the exact steps I took:
  1. Disable and reenable biometric auth in Play Store
  2. Netflix wipe cache and data and then uninstall.
  3. Play Store wipe cache and data.
  4. Shut down for 2 min.
  5. Enter recovery to wipe cache then reboot.
  6. Go to DRM Info and wipe cache and data (meant to do this before reboot but I forgot)
  7. Load Play Store
  8. Load DRM Info and check status
My status is back to L1, and my battery life has been noticeably better on the new build. Unfortunately, my speakerphone mic is still basically useless, but I suppose it is possible that is a hardware issue on the used phone I bought, if no one else has experienced this problem.
 

Ugurylcn15

Member
Jun 13, 2021
5
2
Like many others, I had the L1->L3 issue after I updated to 11.0.1.1. I updated to 11.0.2.1 hoping it would fix it per the release notes, but it did not. I've now fixed it on my device, at least. I have no idea what step or combination of steps actually took care of it, but I wanted to share here in case it helps someone directly or indirectly fix this issue. FWIW, I have a GM1917 running stock OOS 11.0.2.1 GM21AA and stock recovery, but rooted with Magisk.

Here are the exact steps I took:
  1. Disable and reenable biometric auth in Play Store
  2. Netflix wipe cache and data and then uninstall.
  3. Play Store wipe cache and data.
  4. Shut down for 2 min.
  5. Enter recovery to wipe cache then reboot.
  6. Go to DRM Info and wipe cache and data (meant to do this before reboot but I forgot)
  7. Load Play Store
  8. Load DRM Info and check status
My status is back to L1, and my battery life has been noticeably better on the new build. Unfortunately, my speakerphone mic is still basically useless, but I suppose it is possible that is a hardware issue on the used phone I bought, if no one else has experienced this problem.
Yes work thx.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20210730-013342.jpg
    Screenshot_20210730-013342.jpg
    341.2 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_20210730-013133.jpg
    Screenshot_20210730-013133.jpg
    365 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot_20210730-013156.jpg
    Screenshot_20210730-013156.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot_20210730-013141.jpg
    Screenshot_20210730-013141.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 42
  • Like
Reactions: vettejock99

Top Liked Posts

  • There are no posts matching your filters.
  • 2
    Like many others, I had the L1->L3 issue after I updated to 11.0.1.1. I updated to 11.0.2.1 hoping it would fix it per the release notes, but it did not. I've now fixed it on my device, at least. I have no idea what step or combination of steps actually took care of it, but I wanted to share here in case it helps someone directly or indirectly fix this issue. FWIW, I have a GM1917 running stock OOS 11.0.2.1 GM21AA and stock recovery, but rooted with Magisk.

    Here are the exact steps I took:
    1. Disable and reenable biometric auth in Play Store
    2. Netflix wipe cache and data and then uninstall.
    3. Play Store wipe cache and data.
    4. Shut down for 2 min.
    5. Enter recovery to wipe cache then reboot.
    6. Go to DRM Info and wipe cache and data (meant to do this before reboot but I forgot)
    7. Load Play Store
    8. Load DRM Info and check status
    My status is back to L1, and my battery life has been noticeably better on the new build. Unfortunately, my speakerphone mic is still basically useless, but I suppose it is possible that is a hardware issue on the used phone I bought, if no one else has experienced this problem.
    1
    So are there any special steps to get L1 on an unlocked bootloader or can I just wipe my phone and install the android 11 update over 10?
    No need to wipe, just update with official OTA
    1
    I can confirm that I successfully gained L1 after updating do 11.0.2.1.

    Before that I was unable to achieve L1 on an unlocked bootloader no matter what.
    1
    Like many others, I had the L1->L3 issue after I updated to 11.0.1.1. I updated to 11.0.2.1 hoping it would fix it per the release notes, but it did not. I've now fixed it on my device, at least. I have no idea what step or combination of steps actually took care of it, but I wanted to share here in case it helps someone directly or indirectly fix this issue. FWIW, I have a GM1917 running stock OOS 11.0.2.1 GM21AA and stock recovery, but rooted with Magisk.

    Here are the exact steps I took:
    1. Disable and reenable biometric auth in Play Store
    2. Netflix wipe cache and data and then uninstall.
    3. Play Store wipe cache and data.
    4. Shut down for 2 min.
    5. Enter recovery to wipe cache then reboot.
    6. Go to DRM Info and wipe cache and data (meant to do this before reboot but I forgot)
    7. Load Play Store
    8. Load DRM Info and check status
    My status is back to L1, and my battery life has been noticeably better on the new build. Unfortunately, my speakerphone mic is still basically useless, but I suppose it is possible that is a hardware issue on the used phone I bought, if no one else has experienced this problem.
    Yes work thx.