• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Widevine Level

Search This thread

nrmh

Apr 5, 2021
interesting, I am on global 11.2.2.2 (rooted/magisk stable/lsposed) running magisk hide and getting L1 widevide. I used 'fastboot oem unlock' but I do not use netflix so it doesn't matter too much for me, but good to know.
Oh, right. I'm also using magisk stable instead of canary. I was using canary when I was getting L3. That might be it.

saikarthik007

Apr 3, 2018
OnePlus 9 Pro
After unlock and rooted with canary i got L3 in my indian rom as generic, and then i followed few steps finally i got L1, please find the steps below and check is it working for you,

1. After bootloader unlocked booted into rom and then rooted with magisk canary build.
2. Flashed James DSP module in magisk to make Dolby Atmos to work.
3. Installed Franco kernel manager and took stock kernel backup.
4. Installed Omega Kernel via Franco kernel manger.
5. After reboot again reinstalled stock kernel from same Franco kernel manger (Nothing but need to reinstall stock kernel)
6. Make sure to clear Netflix & Play store storage.

Last edited:
Reactions: mypd1991

MStrawder

Aug 19, 2010
OnePlus 7 Pro
OnePlus Nord N10 5G
Your wildvine level is going to either stay L1 or go to L3 the moment you unlock your bootloader. It's a complete crap-shoot with this device. If it goes to L3 and you relock the bootloader, it'll go back to L1. No amount of flashing order changes is going to change that.

flaxjef

Apr 16, 2008
It seems only to work with the command "fastboot flashing unlock" and not with "fastboot oem unlock". First time it gave L3 with fastboot oem unlock and after using fastboot flashing unlock it gave L1

russel5

Jun 13, 2012
Yekaterinburg
Latest eu version, using "fastboot flashing unlock"

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210819-070753.jpg
    Screenshot_20210819-070753.jpg
    258.7 KB · Views: 44

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mine stays on L1 with unlocked bootloader and latest magisk.
    EU version here, L1 after bootloader unlock and magick canary
    Mine 9 Pro - newest EU Soft, magisk stable, and L1 level here
    I had done the same the first time with that command and mine also was L3.
    What I did and fixed it (for me) was relocking the bootloader and unlock it with "fastboot flashing unlock", then installed magisk stable and used MagiskHide, then it was L1. Hope this fix it for you.
    Hey there,
    I get next week my OP9 Pro.

Is it right, that I lose Widevine L1 after I the unlock bootloader or are there any new tricks?

If not then I must dispense of root...

Thanks for your help.