Question Widevine Level

Search This thread

NoSauce

Feb 14, 2013
I had done the same the first time with that command and mine also was L3.
What I did and fixed it (for me) was relocking the bootloader and unlock it with "fastboot flashing unlock", then installed magisk stable and used MagiskHide, then it was L1. Hope this fix it for you.
Will doing this erase all my data? It took me a long time to setup my device (install custom rom and all my mods). Will I have to do this all over again if I relock my bootloader and unlock it this way again?

JhinCuatro

Mar 2, 2017
Will doing this erase all my data? It took me a long time to setup my device (install custom rom and all my mods). Will I have to do this all over again if I relock my bootloader and unlock it this way again?
Don't do that method. It doesn't seem to actually do anything. I fixed my l3 to l1 with simple magisk module. Be sure to use zygisk and deny list google play services entirely. Then look for safety net universal fix module (it's on xda). After installing and reboot you should get l1 status. You do not need to lock bootloader.

ThatKidDrew

Jan 6, 2013
Southern California
OnePlus 9 Pro
Don't do that method. It doesn't seem to actually do anything. I fixed my l3 to l1 with simple magisk module. Be sure to use zygisk and deny list google play services entirely. Then look for safety net universal fix module (it's on xda). After installing and reboot you should get l1 status. You do not need to lock bootloader.
I am on OP9 Pro with a custom A12 ROM (Pixel Extended 09/15/22 build). I followed these instructions but Google Play Services keeps removing itself from the DenyList in Magisk after reboot somehow.

I have cleared the application data of Google Play Services before and after adding to the DenyList but it always gets removed from the DenyList after reboot. I'm not having this issue with any other Applications on the DenyList.

This issue remained before and after installing the additional MagiskHidePropsConf module and I never got L1 in the DRM Info app at any time throughout. Any advice and has anyone else ran into this issue? Thank you in advance

Edit: This is on the latest Magisk 25.2, latest Universal SafetyNet Fix v2.3.1, and latest MagiskHide Props Config v6.1.2-v137. Root Checker Basic confirms I do have root access.

EtherealRemnant

I am on OP9 Pro with a custom A12 ROM (Pixel Extended 09/15/22 build). I followed these instructions but Google Play Services keeps removing itself from the DenyList in Magisk after reboot somehow.

I have cleared the application data of Google Play Services before and after adding to the DenyList but it always gets removed from the DenyList after reboot. I'm not having this issue with any other Applications on the DenyList.

This issue remained before and after installing the additional MagiskHidePropsConf module and I never got L1 in the DRM Info app at any time throughout. Any advice and has anyone else ran into this issue? Thank you in advance

Edit: This is on the latest Magisk 25.2, latest Universal SafetyNet Fix v2.3.1, and latest MagiskHide Props Config v6.1.2-v137. Root Checker Basic confirms I do have root access.
UNSF removes Play Services from the DenyList every time as it does the work automatically.

EtherealRemnant

Understood, thanks. Any idea how I can get L1?
It depends on when you lost it. If you lost it when your bootloader was unlocked, it's gone until you MSM and try again. If you lost it after root, you have to find the right combo to bring it back. I don't remember what it was I ended up having to do to fix it though. I believe I had to install Shamiko, turn off enforce denylist, add everything that was associated with Google services, then clear the data on Play Store and Play Services? Sorry, I'm not rooted currently and have no intention to do so again.

Reactions: ThatKidDrew

ThatKidDrew

Jan 6, 2013
Southern California
OnePlus 9 Pro
It depends on when you lost it. If you lost it when your bootloader was unlocked, it's gone until you MSM and try again. If you lost it after root, you have to find the right combo to bring it back. I don't remember what it was I ended up having to do to fix it though. I believe I had to install Shamiko, turn off enforce denylist, add everything that was associated with Google services, then clear the data on Play Store and Play Services? Sorry, I'm not rooted currently and have no intention to do so again.
No worries, thanks for trying to advise. To be honest I didn't check after unlocking bootloader, I checked after installing a custom ROM but before rooting so it was probably due to bootloader unlock and I'll have to MSM :/

Reactions: EtherealRemnant

Appreciative

Mar 6, 2015
No worries, thanks for trying to advise. To be honest I didn't check after unlocking bootloader, I checked after installing a custom ROM but before rooting so it was probably due to bootloader unlock and I'll have to MSM :/
I see this a lot on a12. I haven't had any problems keeping l1 on a11 with unlocked bootloader. The crDroid guys recommend the usual fix but it only works for like 40% of people it seems. I hope it gets sorted out for a12 guys. I'm tempted to flash roms but I don't want to lose l1 and start over like you are about to do 😔

ThatKidDrew

Jan 6, 2013
Southern California
OnePlus 9 Pro
I see this a lot on a12. I haven't had any problems keeping l1 on a11 with unlocked bootloader. The crDroid guys recommend the usual fix but it only works for like 40% of people it seems. I hope it gets sorted out for a12 guys. I'm tempted to flash roms but I don't want to lose l1 and start over like you are about to do 😔
To be honest I use my TV for shows more so I can live without the L1 if it's going to cost me relocking and unlocking which means wipe and reinstalling ROM

IHTCI

Jan 3, 2023
Hello everyone, newbie here, I know this thread is a bit old but I just want to know whether I can get Widevine L1 or not on my device (which is rooted Meizu 16th on Mokee custom rom with unlocked bootloader). I tried simply everything (MagiskHidePropConfig device simulation, Pixelify app, android faker app, installing another custom rom, safetynetfix, changing build.prop values, adding all apps to denylist with zygisk) except relocking bootloader, which probably brick my device since I am using custom rom. My device's stock rom was L3. I can change device's fingerprint to Pixel 4 XL (let's say) and can pass safetynet test and device becomes google play certified. Even on DRM Info app it says Google Pixel 4 XL but still Widevine L3. In Netflix app esn number says it is a Pixel 4 XL but with a "-L3" next to it. I've been trying to find a solution for about 6 months since rooting gives an incomparable power over your device they say :D. Even some weird branded tv boxes can get Widevine L1 certificate. Is there any way to simulate this kind of device to get Widevine L1? Any help would be appreciated. I couldn't create a new thread since xda doesn't let me so I write it down here.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Mine stays on L1 with unlocked bootloader and latest magisk.
    EU version here, L1 after bootloader unlock and magick canary
    Mine 9 Pro - newest EU Soft, magisk stable, and L1 level here
    I had done the same the first time with that command and mine also was L3.
    What I did and fixed it (for me) was relocking the bootloader and unlock it with "fastboot flashing unlock", then installed magisk stable and used MagiskHide, then it was L1. Hope this fix it for you.
    Hey there,
    I get next week my OP9 Pro.

Is it right, that I lose Widevine L1 after I the unlock bootloader or are there any new tricks?

If not then I must dispense of root...

Thanks for your help.