otonieru

May 7, 2011
Djakarta
Not sure which one triggers L1.
Attached the /system/vendor/bin/hw/[email protected]
L1
To be unzip
Thx for that,

i think we gonna need to replace all files listed in screenshot bellow to see whether it has effect or not :

if you got access to all those files and don't mind sharing it, i'll try to create another module and flash it

Attachments

Steve0007

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Forum Mode
May 10, 2009
Paris
Thx for that,

i think we gonna need to replace all files listed in screenshot bellow to see whether it has effect or not :

if you got access to all those files and don't mind sharing it, i'll try to create another module and flash it
See attached. Some stuffs on the structure you have shown do not exist, some have different names

Attachments

Reactions: otonieru

Qnorsten

Mar 14, 2012
Still no luck, hahaha. Thx anyway

Probably i need to wipe the cache from recovery
Are you sure magisk is replacing the files properly btw? I tried to create a magisk module for widevine.mbn to share here (even though I already have L1 with unlocked bootloader since the latest ota) where I tried to replace it with an empty file (to make sure it worked properly). I couldn't get magisk to replace any file in /system/vendor/firmware_mnt. I might have screwed something up though, it has been a while since I created a magisk module.

If nothing work I would relock to figure out what system id you have when your phone is showing L1 (if you don't know already).
Then I would unlock and report it at https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/ just like I did here https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...ices-with-system-id-19909-10-keep-l1.1370349/ .

I am not sure if it make a difference, but at least they asked me for some logs and in the next OTA the problem was fixed for me (might just be a coincidence though).

otonieru

May 7, 2011
Djakarta
Are you sure magisk is replacing the files properly btw? I tried to create a magisk module for widevine.mbn to share here (even though I already have L1 with unlocked bootloader since the latest ota) where I tried to replace it with an empty file (to make sure it worked properly). I couldn't get magisk to replace any file in /system/vendor/firmware_mnt. I might have screwed something up though, it has been a while since I created a magisk module.

If nothing work I would relock to figure out what system id you have when your phone is showing L1 (if you don't know already).
Then I would unlock and report it at https://forums.oneplus.com/feedback/ just like I did here https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/...ices-with-system-id-19909-10-keep-l1.1370349/ .

I am not sure if it make a difference, but at least they asked me for some logs and in the next OTA the problem was fixed for me (might just be a coincidence though).
It is replaced properly, because i can see all replaced files timestamp was changed. So, yeah the module work as intended.

Relocking is too much a hassle. For me its better to stay on L3 and rooted than L1 but no root.

mjnhvudn

Jul 28, 2016
can i ask my phone not to unlock the bootloader but i'm still getting L3 when checking with DRM infor? oneplus 8T phone (kb2000) software version 11.0.6.8 BA
I tried msm tool with the lowest version then ota up but still get L3 I don't understand if this is an error from the oneplus or is it because
I did something wrong ????
Please explain for me please ???

Attachments

Last edited:

Ichigo8745

Mar 22, 2015
Hello guys. I wanted to share my experience with you. I never unlocked my OP 8T bootloader and never rooted it, but a couple of days ago I tried doing a fastboot boot without unlocking the bootloader to see if it worked (I just checked OEM unlock from the development settings). Seeing the thread I got curious and, checking with drm info, I found out that I have drm L3. After doing a cache wipe, drm is back to L1. Maybe this thing can be useful
On oneplus 8t with OOS 11.0.6.9.KB05BA EU

Last edited:
Reactions: mjnhvudn

mjnhvudn

Jul 28, 2016
Hello guys. I wanted to share my experience with you. I never unlocked my OP 8T bootloader and never rooted it, but a couple of days ago I tried doing a fastboot boot without unlocking the bootloader to see if it worked (I just checked OEM unlock from the development settings). Seeing the thread I got curious and, checking with drm info, I found out that I have drm L3. After doing a cache wipe, drm is back to L1. Maybe this thing can be useful
I tried but the result is still L3 😑

mjnhvudn

Jul 28, 2016
I got my L1 back

Attachments

alanzaki073

Mar 3, 2011
Hyderabad
I got my L1 back
Just by itself?? Or anything you did to trigger it.
Here is my experience on it - I have KB2001 (IN) and using MSM I went to 11.0.12 (EU), then unlocked BL and rooted it and then upgraded to 11.0.6.9 via local upgrade and maintaining root. I wiped cache in recovery and cleared data for DRM Info and Netflix app and still it was at L3. I waited for around 4-5 hrs as some users suggested it would go back on own, but that didn't help either and I continued to be on L3.
When in BL locked state I always have L1 (18914) and as soon as I unlock BL it downgrades to L3 (8159).
I'm gonna try this weekend and the only thing different that I'm gonna do is that I'm gonna flash 11.0.6.9 on both the slots and see if that makes any difference

Dior DNA

Aug 17, 2015
Just by itself?? Or anything you did to trigger it.
Here is my experience on it - I have KB2001 (IN) and using MSM I went to 11.0.12 (EU), then unlocked BL and rooted it and then upgraded to 11.0.6.9 via local upgrade and maintaining root. I wiped cache in recovery and cleared data for DRM Info and Netflix app and still it was at L3. I waited for around 4-5 hrs as some users suggested it would go back on own, but that didn't help either and I continued to be on L3.
When in BL locked state I always have L1 (18914) and as soon as I unlock BL it downgrades to L3 (8159).
I'm gonna try this weekend and the only thing different that I'm gonna do is that I'm gonna flash 11.0.6.9 on both the slots and see if that makes any difference
Maybe your issue is IN specific.
I (unfortunately) soft bricked my EU and had to go through very similar sequence
(no worries I have backups):
- MSM recover EU
(now both slots on 11.0.5.6 and slot a active)
- update to 11.0.6.9
(now slot b on 11.0.6.9 and active)
- update (Oxygen Updated advanced) again to 11.0.6.9
(now slot a on 11.0.6.9 and active)
- unlock bootloader
I am on L1 (nothing 'by itself').

Last edited:

alanzaki073

Mar 3, 2011
Hyderabad
Maybe your issue is IN specific.
I (unfortunately) soft bricked my EU and had to go through very similar sequence
(no worries I have backups):
- MSM recover EU
(now both slots on 11.0.5.6 and slot a active)
- update to 11.0.6.9
(now slot b on 11.0.6.9 and active)
- update (Oxygen Updated advanced) again to 11.0.6.9
(now slot a on 11.0.6.9 andactive)
- unlock bootloader
I am on L1 (nothing 'by itself').
I have followed the same steps, with the exception of not installing 11.0.6.9 on both the slots. Will try that over the weekend and see if I get L1 post unlocking BL. But, yeah my issue most probably could be the hardware (IN variant)