[WIDGET] Streams-T 2.1 light [11.000 radio,tv,webcams streams] [wm6.5] [vga & qvga]

Search This thread

Themuzz

Nov 24, 2007
[WIDGET] Streams-T 2.1 light [11.000 radio,tv,webcams streams] [wm6.5] [vga & qvga]

Can now be found in the Windows Mobile MarketPlace!! Please leave a comment if you buy it or download the demo version.

I've created a windows mobile 6.5 widget. The widget makes contact with a huge database of live streams, so you can easily select a channel and watch it immediately.

The database used is from TodayPDA, so the database gets updated without you need to reinstall the application or redownload any xml file.

Any feedback is appreciated. If you have any request, of any kind, just post it or pm me. In the latest version I can add options which keep remembered by the program, so if anyone has a suggestion for that, please leave a reply and I'll add it as soon as possible :)

What does it contain?

-7883 radio streams
-3252 television streams
-59 different countries
-all the streams are checked every two weeks (live, offline, removed, etc)

The following countries (radio, television and webcam):
The Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, United States, United Kingdom, Canada, France, Turkey, Italy, Australia, Spain, China, Switzerland, Sweden, Venezuela, Tsjechie, Thailand, Russia, Rumania, Portugal, Poland, Austria, Mexico, Japan, Madagascar, Brazil, Argentina, Bulgaria, Columbia, Denmark, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Greece, Hungary, India, Iran, Israel, South Korea, Latvia, Norway, Ukraine, Serbia, Slovakia, Vietnam, Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Andorra, Antigua and Barbados, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Angola, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belize, Benin, Bolivia, Bosnia-Herzegovina , Brunei, Chili, Congo, Costa Rica, Cuba, Cyprus, Djibouti, Ecuador, Egypt, Estonia, Ethiopia, Faroe Eil, Fiji, Philippines, Finland, Fr. Guiana, Fr. Polynesia, Georgie, Ghana, Greenland, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Hong Kong, Ireland, Iceland, Indonesia, Iraq, Ivory Coast, Jordanie, Cameroon, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kuwait, North Korea, Kosovo, Croatia, Kurdistan, Lebanon, Libya, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macau, Macedonia, Malaysia, Malta, Morocco, Mauritanie, Mauritius, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Myanmar, Nepal, Nicarague, New Zealand, Niger, Nigeria, Uzbekistan, Oman, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Reunion, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Seychellen, Singapore, Slovenia, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Syria, Taiwan, Trinidad and Tob, Tunesia, Uruguay, Vatican, United Arab Emirates, Belarus, Zimbabwe, South Africa, Jamaica, Indie

The streams get checked?
In front of all the streams there is a color:
+red: stream offline when checked
+orange: we could not check the stream because of software limitation
+green: stream was online when we checked
+black: stream has just been added and needs to be checked

How to install?
Some roms don't have the widgetinstaller linked to the *.wgt files. If your rom doesn't have that you will get the following error when you click on the widget: "There is no application associated with <<name widget>>. Run the application first, then open this file from within the application"

To solve this I've created a cab file. Just install the cab enable_widgets_wm6.5.cab and it will work without a hard reset (thanks to notrock, mrpotter and B4PJS)

Installation order
1. Download enable_widgets_wm6.5.cab and the streams widget. Make sure that the streams widget file ends with .wgt and not with .zip, otherwise change it to .wgt
2. Copy the files to your mobile device (if not already done)
3. Run the enable_widgets_wm6.5.cab and install it
4. Click on the streams widget, it should popup with the question if you want to install the widget.
5. If it still does not work, soft reset. If again it does not work, go to step 6, otherwise you can view the streams

6. Look if the file "\Windows\wmwidgetinstaller.exe" exists, if not go to step 12. If it does exist, go to step 7.
7. Download "resco explorer" or "total commander" and install one of them
8. Browse to the folder where the wgt file is located
9. Inside the browsing program select the wgt file and use the option "Open with"
10. Browse to the \Windows\wmwidgetinstaller.exe and select that file.
11. The widget should install

12. Apperently you don't have the widget engine on your rom, so you should find a rom with the whole package or try the cab below: add_widget_engine_v2.cab. This will add all the files and registry entries the widget engine uses. This is just a beta so it might not work, and might screw up your rom (small change :) ).
13. After the installing of add_widget_engine_v2.cab soft reset and try to install a widget
14. It should now work

15. If that also does not work, post a reply. If you had to take steps 6-11, also post a reply so I can update the cab (if more people have the same problem)

I cook roms and want to add it, how do I do it?
twopumpchump made a package with the widget engine inside it, I added the newest version of the widget. Just unzip the folder and place it inside your rom (I don't know how exactly, twopumpchump is the master there :) )

Where are the download links?
enable_widgets_wm6.5.cab (updated with more registry settings for widgets)

Streams-T_v2.1_light.wgt (for both vga and qvga devices)

pkg_WMWidgets_v2.1_light.zip (widget engine package, thanx to twopumpchump)

add_widget_engine_v2.cab (cab to use with rom that don't have the widget engine, thanks to twopumpchump and slayer69)

Version 2.1 fixes the problem of the "undefined" message some have

Version history
v2.0 light
-renamed to light because of a new version which is going to be released on MarketPlace
-added (annoying) donate buttons to look whether or not that will work
-changed the favorites page so you don't have to load your favorites by clicking a button
-added the possibility to filter streams by bitrate
-changed the layout a bit so it looks better

v1.8
-added the possibility to add favorites which get remembered by the widget
-added a search function
-fixed the error which showed up during the start by some people
-lot's of tweaks

v1.4
-layout change
-added webcam button
-made app vga and qvga compatible
-small tweaks

v1.0
-start of the app

Screenshots

Last edited:

norkoastal

Dec 7, 2007
Bay Area
Anyway to utilize this concept to stream sports scores instead of TV streams? Titanium is becoming a monster with all of these new panels!!!!!!

noellenchris

Inactive Recognized Developer / Retired Moderator
May 11, 2007
Marlton, NJ
Wow, this looks great. And I don't have to launch a browser! Thanks for your work, I'll test it on my ROM if you want. I haven't tried to install any other widget's yet, so there's only one way to find out.

Chris

claus1953

Aug 15, 2008
I've created a windows mobile 6.5 widget. The widget makes contact with a huge database of live streams, so you can easily select a channel and watch it immediately.

-7883 radio streams
-3252 television streams
-59 different countries
-all the streams are checked every two weeks (live, offline, removed, etc). So the database is very up to date.

-in front of all the streams there is a color:
+red: stream offline when checked
+orange: we could not check the stream because of software limitation
+green: stream was online when we checked
+black: stream has just been added and needs to be checked

These are the countries (with the number of streams behind it):
Argentinie (47) Australië (30)
België (15) Bosnie-Herzegovina (6)
Brazilie (136) Bulgarije (23)
Canada (67) Chili (36)
China (102) Columbia (18)
Denemarken (12) Dominicaanse Republiek (43)
Duitsland (175) Ecuador (4)
El Salvador (7) Filipijnen (8)
Finland (3) Frankrijk (102)
Griekenland (56) Hongarije (63)
Ierland (8) India (47)
Indie (29) Iran (47)
Israel (30) Italië (138)
Japan (39) Kroatie (7)
Letland (10) Luxemburg (2)
Madagaskar (0) Maleisie (5)
Marokko (4) Mexico (40)
Nederland (158) Noorwegen (6)
Oekraine (21) Oezbekistan (2)
Oostenrijk (26) Pakistan (16)
Peru (11) Polen (50)
Portugal (27) Roemenie (64)
Rusland (46) Servie (14)
Slovenie (6) Slowakije (13)
Spanje (111) Thailand (33)
Tsjechie (30) Turkije (189)
Venezuela (21)
Verenigd Koninkrijk (108)
Verenigde Staten (539)
Vietnam (27)
Zuid Korea (32)
Zweden (6)
Zwitserland (15)

The database used is from TodayPDA, so the database gets updated without you need to reinstall the application or redownload an xml file.

At the moment there is only one problem with 6.5 roms, one cannot install a new widget except the MSN widget. This is because of a buildin limtation or \Windows\riahost.exe

Inside emulators you can install widgets but not the roms i've tried. So I was wondering if anyone can install widgets? (and don't get the no association error). Othwerwise I'm not yet going to release the widget (it is finished).

Let me know if onyone can install them and if you want a new feature before I release it :)

And the screenshots:

I would love to test that. I was using a separate application to stream TV, but would ditch it if this works well right off titanium.

Themuzz

Nov 24, 2007
I've just added the download link. It probably does not work on your phone, but it does on a emulator.

Please help me to make it possible to install widgets on the wm 6.5 roms :) At the moment Msft only allows MSN Weather, MSN money and the search Widget from MSN.

If anyone wants, I can give some more details about what I've found. And if it does work, let me know! :D

D

Deleted member 884763

I'm going to try this once the link becomes available, Looks like you are the only one trying to develop widgets for 6.5. Keep it up

D

Deleted member 884763

The link is available :)

40 downloads and no reply's? :(

I gave it a try last night, it installed fine. Looks very small on a VGA screen. But overall it works. I started 'attempting' to make a twitter widget, and it seems I'm running into this also. Wonder if there is a way to enable zoom on the widget pages.

claus1953

Aug 15, 2008
I gave it a try last night, it installed fine. Looks very small on a VGA screen. But overall it works. I started 'attempting' to make a twitter widget, and it seems I'm running into this also. Wonder if there is a way to enable zoom on the widget pages.

How did you get it to work on your phone?

D

Deleted member 884763

How did you get it to work on your phone?

In resco explorer, select the widget and click 'open with' then browse for a program called Wmwidgetinstaller , opera seems to be associated with the .wgt file.. Or try this cab I threw together. It should work if for some reason you do have resco.

Attachments

• wgt.cab
    1.4 KB · Views: 274

claus1953

Aug 15, 2008
In resco explorer, select the widget and click 'open with' then browse for a program called Wmwidgetinstaller , opera seems to be associated with the .wgt file.. Or try this cab I threw together. It should work if for some reason you do have resco.

I tried that but i dont have wmwidgetinstaller, can i download it from somewhere? Also installed the cab but widget did not show up in widgets folder.

D

Deleted member 884763

I tried that but i dont have wmwidgetinstaller, can i download it from somewhere? Also installed the cab but widget did not show up in widgets folder.

Hmm maybe you're using a 6.5 rom without the widget program cooked it. Do you have the weather,stock, and search widgets?

claus1953

Aug 15, 2008
Hmm maybe you're using a 6.5 rom without the widget program cooked it. Do you have the weather,stock, and search widgets?

Yes i have the 3 of them, they came cooked into the ROM i flashed, and they work all. In fact there is a widget folder in Program Files with this 3 widgets.

mrpotter

Aug 23, 2007
simple.install .wgt file with \windows\wmwidgetinstaller.exe

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\riapp\Shell\Open\Command]
@="wmwidgetinstaller.exe %1"

claus1953

Aug 15, 2008
simple.install .wgt file with \windows\wmwidgetinstaller.exe

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\riapp\Shell\Open\Command]
@="wmwidgetinstaller.exe %1"

I found now the wmwidgetinstaller.exe under windows as you pointed out.
When trying to install the widget by opening with the wmwidgetinstaller it throws the
Widget Error: Error extracting the widget package

B4PJS

May 29, 2007
London
Hi mate, working nicely here on my OWN ROM on my Touch Pro (Had to do the registry fix, but will include that in my next release :))

What media player would you recommend as being the best for streaming to as I tried to stream BBC News (UK) and I only got the audio in WMPlayer.

Themuzz

Nov 24, 2007
Nice, I alway thought it was a restriction msft had cooked in.

Tonight I will upload a seperate VGA version and a QVGA version. You don't need zooming, just edit the css file to make everything bigger :)

Hi mate, working nicely here on my OWN ROM on my Touch Pro (Had to do the registry fix, but will include that in my next release )

What media player would you recommend as being the best for streaming to as I tried to stream BBC News (UK) and I only got the audio in WMPlayer.

Normally I use CorePlayer of Windows Media Player. Some streams don't work with WMP but my experience is that still more work with wmp then with coreplayer. Soon I will add an option that will increase the working of the streams :)

Thanx for the cabs! mrpotter & notock, tonight I'll add your way of installing to the first post, including the updates.

Still leaves me with one question: what would you like to see better from the widget? What's still missing?

Kind regards,

Themuzz

Last edited: