[WIDGET] TxMissed 0.2 - minimalistic unread sms / missed calls / email notification

Search This thread

phumpal

Feb 10, 2011
Pilsen / Carlsbad
Question:
- What does "Restart Service" do? Restart all TxMissed-widgets or restart the program?

Well, the widget is created from 3 parts - widget (graphic the part you see), main service (the one, that control missed calls and unread messages and eventually redraw widget graphics, if event come) and finally mail service (periodically check your email accounts). "Restart Service" stop and start these two services, in case of app crash or something else, it's slight chance, that these services might die and you won't restart whole phone -> so just restart services :)

gsu_golfer

Jan 22, 2011
Am I missing something, or is there not a way to set the vertical alignment so that the text shows up on the bottom or top of the widget, rather than center?

Joshuaboyzn

Dec 27, 2010
My widget goes blank on a reboot and sometimes when coming back to my honescreen from an app. The widget is still there, so I can move it and delete it, but I can't see anything and the settings close when I try to open them and refesh/restart. Any ideas? I love this thing and I really want it to work.

Superclean 2.6 Voodoo + Minimalist

phumpal

Feb 10, 2011
Pilsen / Carlsbad
My widget goes blank on a reboot and sometimes when coming back to my honescreen from an app. The widget is still there, so I can move it and delete it, but I can't see anything and the settings close when I try to open them and refesh/restart. Any ideas? I love this thing and I really want it to work.

Superclean 2.6 Voodoo + Minimalist

This would be probably caused, that the system remove or change widget ID, so the config lost contact with it and cannot redraw/config. I will try to find out some persistant ID handling, rather than depend on system.

phumpal

Feb 10, 2011
Pilsen / Carlsbad
will this also work for exchange accounts?

I have configured my HTC sense with gmail/exchange accounts , will this tool be able to read them??

Untill now there are only 2 applications on the market able to do that :

http://www.androidzoom.com/android_applications/productivity/email-widget_lyru.html
and
http://www.androidzoom.com/android_applications/productivity/1x1-ultimate-unread-widget_kruu.html

Thnx
!!

This widget support only IMAP email account, but it is a chance, that your exchange server support IMAP connection. In that case, you will be able to check unread messages count, otherwise not.

xcalibur666

Oct 28, 2008
Hi,
the password you are asked for, is used for encryption of email accounts data. I want to be more secure, so nobody can read your password and usernames easily, so I implemented secure store with AES encryption. Choose whatever password you want, but remember it ... Otherwise widget can't decrypt email account data correctly.

If you already set up some password, you can change it in Emails section. If you did not, application will request you to fill some password in. Keep in mind, that if you change of password, you will loose email account informations!

How do I get pass the "TxMissed Encryption password" dialog? My mail is set up as Google synchronization, but where do I get to the so-called Emails section? Is it a part of Android settings, an application or TxMissed?

I've tried to clear all data for TxMissed, but still I'm required to fill in the password. But I don't know where to make this password?

NoFatePPC

Mar 12, 2007
This widget support only IMAP email account, but it is a chance, that your exchange server support IMAP connection. In that case, you will be able to check unread messages count, otherwise not.

indeed , i can enable imap on our exchange... but on what interval will this application check the mails? every min? this will cause extra battery drain?

will this be the same for gmail ?

phumpal

Feb 10, 2011
Pilsen / Carlsbad
How do I get pass the "TxMissed Encryption password" dialog? My mail is set up as Google synchronization, but where do I get to the so-called Emails section? Is it a part of Android settings, an application or TxMissed?

I've tried to clear all data for TxMissed, but still I'm required to fill in the password. But I don't know where to make this password?

When you fill in the password, you have to check "Remember password", otherwise it won't be saved and you you will have to fill it in each time application start.

Setup the password is in TxMissed configuration in Emails section.

Hope, you can make it well :)

phumpal

Feb 10, 2011
Pilsen / Carlsbad
indeed , i can enable imap on our exchange... but on what interval will this application check the mails? every min? this will cause extra battery drain?

will this be the same for gmail ?

Check interval can be adjusted in TxMissed Configuration -> Emails -> Check Interval. I am not able to sync unread emails count with internal GMail app for now. Of course it will cost some battery. I did my private measure of this and result is that check unread messages of one email account takes about 300ms, so it is not so terrible.

xcalibur666

Oct 28, 2008
When you fill in the password, you have to check "Remember password", otherwise it won't be saved and you you will have to fill it in each time application start.

Setup the password is in TxMissed configuration in Emails section.

Hope, you can make it well :)

The problem is, I every time get "Cannot load security password!" and then is prompted again :/

xcalibur666

Oct 28, 2008
Well, I did save the password, but same issue. Then I tried to force close the program, clear all data, and then it worked. I've triede a lot of stuff since yesterday, but now it works, wuhuw. Thanks anyway for this nice app.

A small donation is coming your way :)

Last edited:

xPhantom

Apr 16, 2010
For some reason, this widget (v0.2.2) seemed to make my phone (HTC EVO 4G) quite sluggish and laggy. My clocks wouldn't match up, switchpro actions would be delayed by as much as ten seconds or more after pressing on something, and some widgets wouldn't show up in my WidgetLocker. Once I uninstalled it, everything went back to normal. I'm wondering why this might have been the case. It's a shame because I love this widget, and it was perfect for my WidgetLocker lockscreen.

phumpal

Feb 10, 2011
Pilsen / Carlsbad
For some reason, this widget (v0.2.2) seemed to make my phone (HTC EVO 4G) quite sluggish and laggy. My clocks wouldn't match up, switchpro actions would be delayed by as much as ten seconds or more after pressing on something, and some widgets wouldn't show up in my WidgetLocker. Once I uninstalled it, everything went back to normal. I'm wondering why this might have been the case. It's a shame because I love this widget, and it was perfect for my WidgetLocker lockscreen.

Do you have permanent internet access? I'm guessing that it would be caused something within mail check service, because it is only one periodic CPU consume part. Give it a chance, I will try to prepare fixed version within few hours :)

EDIT: 0.2.3 Added, please test it, if has better performance for you

Last edited:

xPhantom

Apr 16, 2010
I do have permanent internet access.
I re-installed the widget and set it up without the email part, and there are no issues, so I am thinking the issues for me did arise somewhere in the email service.
Will test 0.2.3 now and report back! Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TxMissed - unread sms / missed calls / unread emails widget

Hello,
    i want to contribute with my first widget. It's text based notification widget. Inform you about unread messages or missed calls. Support verbose number (like 1 = one, 5 = five etc.). Very customizable - color, sizes, text format, bold, stroke ... If chosen font does not fit to area, it will be automatically resized to smaller one, which fits. Personally, I use it at Widget Locker screen, so I can easily see count of unread messages. Tested on HTC Desire (Froyo) and emulator (Froyo + Gingerbread)

Screenshots

froyo.th.png
    gingerbread.th.png

Requirements
    • Android version >= 2.0

Features
    • Size of widget is 4x1
    • Hide text, if there is no event
    • Custom Colors (even alpha is supported)
    • Custom fonts (for text and numbers)
    • Font sizes
    • Bold text
    • Stroke text
    • Alignment
    • Onclick action
    • English, Czech, French(DocUHT), German(swiadek) and Spanish(riahc3) localization
    • Verbose numbers
    • Support multiple screen resolutions
    • Choose between none or zero
    • Not zero numbers can have different color than zero numbers
    • Check unread emails (periodic check of IMAP account)
    • Email account data are stored with AES encryption
    • Connection can be limited only to WiFi connection - to reduce bills

Version history
    • 0.1 First version
    • 0.1.1 Add bug report function (thanks to reporting)
    • 0.1.2 Fix crash on font change
    • 0.2 Add email functionality (IMAP), French and Espanol translation, different setting for multiple widgets, more settings to customize
    • 0.2.1 Add German translation (thanks to swiadek), fix configuration bug
    • 0.2.2 Fixed email bug
    • 0.2.3 Just for TEST purposes, upgrade German translate, testing breakline version, hopefully fix CPU usage

Translation
    If somebody wants to translate widget to his language, feel free to download translation pack and translate to whatever you want :) Translation pack is XML based, so it is easy to read.

Donate
    If you like it, please donate development. Even small donation can help :) Donation will be used for Android Developer license and enter to Android Market. Thank You :)

I Thank users, who already donate
    • reinbeau
    • xcalibur666
    • Иван Дробный

TODO list ~ your requests
    • Do a "breakline" version (every part on new line)
    • Implement vertical positioning
    • HEX color input
    • Inverstigate WidgetLocker ID issues
    • Asynchronous K9 mail check

Current progress

• Maybe I can write some tweet about progress from time to time, if you want to check it out, follow me on TWITTER.
    • 11 Feb - rewriting widget render part - needed to adding more functions (like Gmail)
    • 12 Feb - investigating ways to get custom onclick action
    • 15 Feb - Studying Gmail authentication. Render part was successfully rewrited, but still buggy. Custom onclick action is done.
    • 16 Feb - Finally get to working IMAP check of unread messages, now working on secure storage of mail credentials
    • 21 Feb - Testing new version, trying to find out as many bugs as possible before new release
    • 23 Feb - Waiting for translations, new version will contain English, Czech, French and Spanish(only numbers)
    • 24 Feb - Have full Spanish and French translation, thanks to DocUHT (FR) and riahc3 (ES)
    • 25 Feb - new version is out!!
    • 12 Mar - DEVELOPMENT STOPPED!! Reason: No free time. Any volunteers to continue in my work are welcomed. Sorry guys ...

Ideas, suggestion
    I'm open to any suggestions and yours ideas, how to improve this widget. Thanks :)

Recomendation
    If you already have version 0.1.2 and want to upgrade to 0.2, please uninstall old version first! New version has different settings system and its not compatible with old one, so it would probably cause application crash.
    Good work. I wanted to do this with tasker. But there is no missed call variable in Tasker...as far as i know.
    Hi phumpal, I love this widget.

Would it be possible (or is it already possible) to add an option to change the word 'none' to 'zero' I realise 'none' is better English, but it's just a bit too similar to the word 'one' and when using the default, quite compact, layout the two are difficult to distinguish.

No problem with that, it doesn't take much work to do ... added to "wish list" for next versions :)
    Would it be possible to make this widget break into two lines

callnone
    texttwo

?

I'm sorry, I have not much time - school, job etc. Hardly have few hours a week to fix bugs. So I don't think it would be possible in near future. I can add it to todo list and if will be some free time in my schedule, I will do it, but no promises!
    Hi All,

I'm currently developing a widget with much of the features of TxMissed:

• It currently reports number of missed calls, unread SMS and unread messages on the main phone's account (the gmail account).
    • Customization of font and background color and transparency. Also font faces (can use fonts stored in external SD card).
    • Customization of the layout (alignments, padding, etc).
    • Text messages can be customized to show whatever phrase you want.

And more features I have currently planned to include.

I hope to upload a first version here at XDA in one or two days, after I can test it a bit more, so stay tuned if you are interested.