Widgets Disabling after every boot

Search This thread

kel28

Jun 29, 2022
Hi Gurus, need some help from you all here. I've recently installed an Android Head Unit and loaded it with FCC launcher. After placing all the widgets nicely, I turned off the engine and left it overnight. When I started up my car the following morning, all my widgets failed to load. Initially I thought it might be an issue with the launcher app so I uninstalled and installed Nova launcher. Widgets worked again, but when I turned off the car and turned on again, all the widgets didn't load again. It seems like there's something in the boot sequence that is stopping the widgets from loading. Would any of you have such an experience? Need some expert help here please 😅

rigattoni

Apr 27, 2010
Fuerth
Hi Gurus, need some help from you all here. I've recently installed an Android Head Unit and loaded it with FCC launcher. After placing all the widgets nicely, I turned off the engine and left it overnight. When I started up my car the following morning, all my widgets failed to load. Initially I thought it might be an issue with the launcher app so I uninstalled and installed Nova launcher. Widgets worked again, but when I turned off the car and turned on again, all the widgets didn't load again. It seems like there's something in the boot sequence that is stopping the widgets from loading. Would any of you have such an experience? Need some expert help here please 😅
This is a known issue and relates to the accessibility settings.
These units "forget" the given rights once they are in deep sleep. They are not persisted.

If you check them after rebooting, you can see that they are disabled.
Even the trick to use Tasker does not work, as you run into the same issue.

To check if one could help, check the accessibility settings, check the app rights and may be do some screenshots from the access. settings.

Reactions: marchnz

kel28

Jun 29, 2022
These units "forget" the given rights once they are in deep sleep. They are not persisted.

To check if one could help, check the accessibility settings, check the app rights and may be do some screenshots from the access. settings.
Thanks! I'm away from my car now, will try to get those screenshots later. I've checked the app rights and enabled every single one of them, but the widgets still don't work...

kel28

Jun 29, 2022
Like this?

2022-07-06 20.59.54.jpg

rigattoni

Apr 27, 2010
Fuerth
It would be really nice if you would reduce the size of your pictures.

Yes this is the page.
What you can see: Even Nova has no accessibility rights. If you now switch this settings to ON for Nova and then reboot the unit, you will see that the setting is rejected.
The same happens with Fcc, which is even not installed on your device.
For getting this work around your unit needs to get rooted and some additional SW needs to get installed as Tasker and Security Settings app... and at least any app which is able to start an app when booting up as Fcc.

kel28

Jun 29, 2022
Thanks for the quick response! I took it from my phone and immediately uploaded to the forum so apologies if it's big 😅

I've switched the settings to ON, rebooted and the settings remained in ON position, but the widget still disappears (I reinstalled and placed the widget on the launcher again).

Is there a thread where I can read up the steps to set up the work around solution? Thank you so much for your help!

rigattoni

Apr 27, 2010
Fuerth
Thanks for the quick response! I took it from my phone and immediately uploaded to the forum so apologies if it's big 😅

I've switched the settings to ON, rebooted and the settings remained in ON position, but the widget still disappears (I reinstalled and placed the widget on the launcher again).

Is there a thread where I can read up the steps to set up the work around solution? Thank you so much for your help!
Which widgets are you talking about?

Show some pictures with activated widgets and give some information where the widgets are from... May be add them just instead of embedding them into the text.

kel28

Jun 29, 2022
Which widgets are you talking about?

Show some pictures with activated widgets and give some information where the widgets are from... May be add them just instead of embedding them into the text.
Typically any widget that displays information on the launcher home. I've uninstalled and installed this Weather app again just to show u how it's supposed to look when it works... Once I restart, the widget just disappears and I can't add it back from the widget list. I can only put it back on the launcher if I go through the whole process of uninstall and install again... 😭

Attachments

• IMG-20220708-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20220708-WA0001.jpg
    184.3 KB · Views: 8

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.