• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Widgets for eclipse 1.2

Search This thread

AtLemacks

Aug 22, 2011
Mishawaka, Indiana
plus.google.com
If you don't want to use the regular apps themselves (i.e. FB, Twitter, etc.), use friendcaster. The Blur widgets are based on the blur apps/accounts being baked into the oe product. He can't use Blur and AOSP both, one or the other, and more people than not would rather use AOSP.

Robin M

Oct 13, 2010
SE Pennsylvania
Remix was put in hold as far as I know. Might not be completely dead. but we do have a functional remix. 6.1
Yeah, Eclipse remix 6.1 is stable, but it's based on GB 2.3.3 and there are so many nice fixes and improvements in GB 2.3.4. (like a fix for the music skip problem, better radio, better battery performance and better graphics).

HOWEVER, mastafunk recently put out a new deodexed/debloated enhanced stock Moto-ROM based on 2.3.4 called Moto-Ginger-Funk. It's absolutely awsome and and beats the pants off remix, in my very humble opinion. :D I'm on it now and lovin' it. :)

There are only two AOSP apps in it - Gallery and Music. (Because these are simply better than their Blur counter parts.) It's quick with fantastic battery performance. It's got the pull-down toggles, 1% battery indicator, and other enhancements. And it's easily themeable. He's working on porting several themes and UOT Kitchen works with it.

Last edited:
Yeah, remix 6.1 is stable, but it's based on GB 2.3.3 and there are so many nice fixes and improvements in GB 2.3.4. HOWEVER, mastafunk recently put out a new deodexed/debloated enhanced stock Moto-ROM based on 2.3.4. Moto-Ginger-Funk It's absolutely awsome and and beats the pants off remix, in my humble opinion. :D I'm on it now and lovin' it. :)

Im sure its pretty good ;)
I just don't have resources to sbf ATM so im stuck for now ;(

And if remix is ever brought to 2.3.4 it would be an exciting day. I can just see it having big improvement over 2.3.3 version

Robin M

Oct 13, 2010
SE Pennsylvania
Im sure its pretty good ;)
I just don't have resources to sbf ATM so im stuck for now ;(

And if remix is ever brought to 2.3.4 it would be an exciting day. I can just see it having big improvement over 2.3.3 version

Yes, an updated Eclipse remix, with the features that Nitro has added to his AOSP version would be great. But I'm not holding my breath. It's just that some folks like Blur and some folks don't.

What do you mean by sbf ATM? (I think I've seen that "ATM" abreviation before, but I'm having a memory block.)