Widgets not working properly after Oreo Update

Search This thread

ClausG76

Aug 8, 2009
Holstebro
After I updated to Oreo, my two widgets are crashing. Pure calendar wigdet stops updating. And Pure news widgets suddenly gets unresponsive. Has anyone experienced any problems with widgets after updating to Oreo

mega180

Jul 29, 2010
Same for me.
For Google kiosk if I open the app, the widget works again.
I think freeze comes when the screen turns off.

Envoyé de mon VTR-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

ClausG76

Aug 8, 2009
Holstebro
Yes it's kind of annoying that the mobile doesn't work properly with widgets. I wrote with the developer. It seems the error is with the Huawei p10 software.

dahuu

Sep 10, 2014
Same here.... Calendar and weather widget won't update anymore with Huawei Start Launcher...

dahuu

Sep 10, 2014
Yes. I did the OTA to Oreo. After that I did factory reset, just to clean up the system a bit...

Reactions: Swaddy

dahuu

Sep 10, 2014
I also love Nova launcher.
But have you tried screen lock widget with Nova?
Won't work... Permission denied...

mega180

Jul 29, 2010
So my solution for the moment: Nova Launcher and I just rotate the screen if I want to refresh my widgets.
Hello, what do you meen by 'rotate the screen' ? Mine doesn't rotate on Nova laucher desk.
Somme widgets have got a refresh button that works but others freeze after a few hours.

Envoyé de mon VTR-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Swaddy

Dec 14, 2008
Samsung Galaxy S22
Workaround

The refresh button from the BC2 widget doesn't work when it freezes.
When I unlock my screen, I use a "Automate" script (Link to the community) to flip the screen to landscape and back to portrait. Screenshot of the script attached to this post. The Huawei Launcher doesn't rotate (or I couldn't find the option) so I use Nova instead.
This simple workaround reloads all my widgets. I still hope there will be a fix soon, but atm that works for me and is like an unlock animation we had in the older Android days.

Attachments

• Automate.png
    Automate.png
    48.7 KB · Views: 603
Reactions: danielalarcon

DallasCZ

Feb 10, 2012
Mikulov
Huawei P10
Huawei P30
for me all widgets works well... but i only use calendar, weathr clock widget and event flow calendar.

After I updated to Oreo, my two widgets are crashing. Pure calendar wigdet stops updating. And Pure news widgets suddenly gets unresponsive. Has anyone experienced any problems with widgets after updating to Oreo
you mean THIS PURE CALENDAR?
If yes, the app is last updated in 2016 .. this could be the problem. No Oreo doze optimistaions.

Same here . Did factory reset after update . Another widget doesn't update afyer Oreo . It was fine on Nougat .
THIS ANOTHER WIDGET?
If yes, the app is last updated in 2017 .. this could be the problem. No Oreo doze optimistaions.

So please first make FR after update to OREO, then when some apps/widgets don´t work properly see the page of the developer of the app if it is optimized for Oreo, then blame Huawei.
suggestion:
-you can manage the scheduler (settings/aplications and notifications/aplications/settings (special access)/ignore battery optimalisations ...
-you can manage the app starting (settings/battery/launching of apps ...then manual controll and enable all.

Revengebg

Nov 23, 2014
Haskovo
THIS ANOTHER WIDGET?
If yes, the app is last updated in 2017 .. this could be the problem. No Oreo doze optimistaions.

So please first make FR after update to OREO, then when some apps/widgets don´t work properly see the page of the developer of the app if it is optimized for Oreo, then blame Huawei.
suggestion:
-you can manage the scheduler (settings/aplications and notifications/aplications/settings (special access)/ignore battery optimalisations ...
-you can manage the app starting (settings/battery/launching of apps ...then manual controll and enable all.[/QUOTE]

Did factory reset after upgrading to Oreo . It worked fine with all Nougat builds ( B175-B180-B185) . The issue started after Oreo . Checked all battery saving settings , all notification ones and made it launch manually . And still doesn't refresh . I have to go into settings of the app , refresh widget and then it refreshes on the homescreen .

ClausG76

Aug 8, 2009
Holstebro
I contacted the developer. He is using Pure Calendar with Oreo on another phone. And he has no problems. I solved the problem temporarily by downgrading to last Nougat version before Oreo.

M1chiel

I am also screwed up with the Oreo and Nova Launcher... Huawei Lock Screen widget doesn't work. I put a 'Lock Screen' Nova Action on the home screen which worked but... I have to enter my phone lock PIN every time I unlock the phone when used the lock screen button. Stupid...
In Nova you can prevent this by setting the screen time out to 5 seconds. Just follow the instructions in Nova settings.

Luke_F

Apr 10, 2018
To vassil_bk
It looks, that your workaround works!!
I also use Nova and BC2 widget which stopped update after Oreo even after factory reset. I followed your steps and found out that Bussines Calendar was in section "not allowed" in menu "Ignore battery optimization"
It needs time for properly testing, but hey you maybe found something!! :good:

stolich

Sep 24, 2010
Support answer

Hi,

I got in contact with Huawei Support, and unbelievable I got a response (it's in German).

vielen Dank, dass Sie sich bezüglich Ihres P10 an den Support von Huawei gewandt haben. Gerne informiere ich Sie zu Ihrem Anliegen.

Es ist wirklich sehr bedauerlich, dass die Widgets sich unter EMUI 8.0 nicht mehr aktualisieren. Daher kann ich Ihren Unmut gut verstehen.

Huawei ist in Kenntnis über die Aktualisierungsschwierigkeiten. Die Untersuchungen hierzu laufen aktuell und Huawei arbeitet bereits an einer Lösung. Sobald der Fehler behoben wurde, wird ein Update dazu an Ihre IMEI-Nummer OTA ausgerollt.

Ich bitte Sie daher um etwas Geduld und hoffe auf Ihr Verständnis.

They are sorry that the widgets are not updating on Huawei P10 EMUI 8, and they understand that I'm angry.

Huawei knows about the update problems of the widgets and they are working on a solution. As soon as this bug is solved, an update will send OTA.

They ask for some patience and my understanding.

We will see.

Cheers.

Reactions: mega180

Luke_F

Apr 10, 2018
Hi,
thanks for answer. In the meantime I found out that guide vassil_bk posted do not work. I done every mentioned steps and still nothing. Also I got some ota upgrade from Hua C432 and it's still same problem :(

About you answer. It is fine, that Huawei contacted you, but I'm afraid that it is typical nonsense answer from helpdesk. So nothing will change another months :(
I contacted Ubisoft support back in 2016 about my problem with DLC from Assassins Creed game, guy from support told me, that their developers know about problem and that they are working on it and that he contact me again, when he got some news. And now? 2018, DLC still doesn't work and noone from Ubi support contacted me :) So I have my opinion about this kind of support :)
But thanks anyway ofcourse

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes. I did the OTA to Oreo. After that I did factory reset, just to clean up the system a bit...
    Workaround

The refresh button from the BC2 widget doesn't work when it freezes.
    When I unlock my screen, I use a "Automate" script (Link to the community) to flip the screen to landscape and back to portrait. Screenshot of the script attached to this post. The Huawei Launcher doesn't rotate (or I couldn't find the option) so I use Nova instead.
    This simple workaround reloads all my widgets. I still hope there will be a fix soon, but atm that works for me and is like an unlock animation we had in the older Android days.
    Support answer

Hi,

I got in contact with Huawei Support, and unbelievable I got a response (it's in German).

vielen Dank, dass Sie sich bezüglich Ihres P10 an den Support von Huawei gewandt haben. Gerne informiere ich Sie zu Ihrem Anliegen.

Es ist wirklich sehr bedauerlich, dass die Widgets sich unter EMUI 8.0 nicht mehr aktualisieren. Daher kann ich Ihren Unmut gut verstehen.

Huawei ist in Kenntnis über die Aktualisierungsschwierigkeiten. Die Untersuchungen hierzu laufen aktuell und Huawei arbeitet bereits an einer Lösung. Sobald der Fehler behoben wurde, wird ein Update dazu an Ihre IMEI-Nummer OTA ausgerollt.

Ich bitte Sie daher um etwas Geduld und hoffe auf Ihr Verständnis.

They are sorry that the widgets are not updating on Huawei P10 EMUI 8, and they understand that I'm angry.

Huawei knows about the update problems of the widgets and they are working on a solution. As soon as this bug is solved, an update will send OTA.

They ask for some patience and my understanding.

We will see.

Cheers.
    @Swaddy
    Using Nova but I don't know how to test resume option.
    Press Volume Down in the Nova settings for the lab. Option "Restart widgets..."Lab Guide
    @Swaddy
    Where do you find beta version so I Can try and report.
    I've got an update this morning, seems to be in the newest productive version of the app now (2.29)
    To solve it:
    - Go to battery option in the app and turn off 'manage automatically'
    - Manage manually: all options turned on.