wifi 6

Search This thread

imageicb

Dec 31, 2009
Yeah I saw that a couple days ago. I'm not feeling the need to upgrade from pixel 3 without that. 5G is still spotty so that's not going to do it for me.

jimv1983

Feb 28, 2011
Benicia, CA
Yeah, it's WiFi 5. Personality I'm just fine with that. The only advantage I see of WiFi 6 is better handling of high congestion areas which isn't a situation I find myself in that often.

Signor Rossi

Sep 13, 2013
I think wifi 6 isn't really relevant for most users in the next 1-2 years. Wifi 6 requires new hardware. So I guess this is ok... However it shows that the phone is pointing at mid class.

Gesendet von meinem CMR-AL09 mit Tapatalk

Benjamin_L

Nov 30, 2010
I think wifi 6 isn't really relevant for most users in the next 1-2 years. Wifi 6 requires new hardware. So I guess this is ok... However it shows that the phone is pointing at mid class.

Gesendet von meinem CMR-AL09 mit Tapatalk
Do you know where wifi 6 is already available? And if only at home, do you need more transfer speed than ac? I can't think about a single use case for me as one who is using a nas for storage. So I'd rather save money on this

Signor Rossi

Sep 13, 2013
Do you know where wifi 6 is already available? And if only at home, do you need more transfer speed than ac? I can't think about a single use case for me as one who is using a nas for storage. So I'd rather save money on this
Don't get me wrong, your comment is absolutely valid, but if every vendor thinks like this we get new technology only when the old is dying and not when it's available.

Gesendet von meinem Nokia 9 mit Tapatalk

kboya

Apr 25, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Google Pixel 6
WiFi 6 is one of the few things I think lacking in this device (assuming it behaves as expected). Its missing from all of the new products and I think they've missed a trick. More importantly, 5g without w6 breaks any kind of narrative about being up to date and at any forefront.