Wifi and Bluetooth stop Working constantly

sagybp

Jul 12, 2012
Hi,

I'm with the A50 for 3 weeks now. In the last couple of weeks I have a very annoying problem. A few times a day (sometimes 5-6) the phone disconnects from the wifi network and turns off the Bluetooth with no apparent reason.
When this happens the Bluetooth is actually turned off (not just disconnects). When I try to reconnect to a wifi network, I cannot (no response from the phone, although it does recognize available networks) and also the Bluetooth cannot be turned on at all.

The only way out of this is to switch to flight mode and back. That resolves it and everything goes back to normal. Then it can happen again in a few minutes or a few hours.

Anyone have an idea what's going on before I throw this phone away?

Reactions: mxagun

shadow_khan

Apr 1, 2019
Berlin
I thought I'm the only one facing these issues (in my case its not as frequent but its there). I also noticed that when changing EAP settings in certain wifi coneections, the settings app just force closes. Contacted customer support and they recommended doing a factory reset!

zenat

Feb 16, 2009
There is a big problem on this part of the smartphone, I encounter a problem with bluetooth and the wifi tends to cut also by now, but it returns to normal without going through the airplane mode for me.

I do not know if it's a hardware or software problem, but I think I'll return the smartphone to Amazon and go back to my S7 Edge

I thought I'm the only one facing these issues (in my case its not as frequent but its there). I also noticed that when changing EAP settings in certain wifi coneections, the settings app just force closes. Contacted customer support and they recommended doing a factory reset!
I did a factory reset, in my case, nothing changed, I just lost my time doing it yesterday

Last edited:

shadow_khan

Apr 1, 2019
Berlin
There is a big problem on this part of the smartphone, I encounter a problem with bluetooth and the wifi tends to cut also by now, but it returns to normal without going through the airplane mode for me.

I do not know if it's a hardware or software problem, but I think I'll return the smartphone to Amazon and go back to my S7 Edge

I did a factory reset, in my case, nothing changed, I just lost my time doing it yesterday
Can also confirm. Finished a factory reset now and I still face the same issue with the FC on changing EAP setings. Wifi keeps dropping. Unfortunately mine was bought from mediamarkt about 8 weeks ago. I'll contact the customer support again and see what they recommend.

pabgar

Jul 17, 2011
Warsaw
I have similar problems with BT connected Samsung Galaxy Watch.
What I observed: when I switch off 2.4 wifi ( or "forget" all known networks so the phone does not connect ) then BT connection with watch works perfectly.
Strangely enough when I am connected to 5 GHz wifi BT seems to work OK.
So in my case: BT and 2.4 GHz wifi running together causes problems
As I saw in May update Samsung declares fix for wifi performance.
Let's see what happens

Reactions: zenat

zenat

Feb 16, 2009
I have similar problems with BT connected Samsung Galaxy Watch.
What I observed: when I switch off 2.4 wifi ( or "forget" all known networks so the phone does not connect ) then BT connection with watch works perfectly.
Strangely enough when I am connected to 5 GHz wifi BT seems to work OK.
So in my case: BT and 2.4 GHz wifi running together causes problems
As I saw in May update Samsung declares fix for wifi performance.
Let's see what happens
Now that you say it, it's true that I had no disconnection when I was in wifi 5ghz !

What firmware do you guys have?
Last firmware for me

sagybp

Jul 12, 2012
What firmware do you guys have?
I'm with the April security patch. Still haven't received the May update

Can also confirm. Finished a factory reset now and I still face the same issue with the FC on changing EAP setings. Wifi keeps dropping. Unfortunately mine was bought from mediamarkt about 8 weeks ago. I'll contact the customer support again and see what they recommend.
If you could update me on what they say, that would be amazing. I'm in Berlin as well.

shadow_khan

Apr 1, 2019
Berlin
If you could update me on what they say, that would be amazing. I'm in Berlin as well.
Here is what they said:

Dear Mr. [redacted],

We kindly ask you to carry out the following steps:

Please touch samsung members for about 1 second and then tap on "Error reports". Now select "Network / Connections" and activate "Send system log".

please describe your request again. This data will then be sent directly to the responsible department.

Kind Regards
[redacted]

tbh, this seems like they want to bs their way out of solving my issue. I have no expectation of hearing back from them.

sagybp

Jul 12, 2012
Here is what they said:

Dear Mr. [redacted],

Please touch samsung members for about 1 second and then tap on "Error reports". Now select "Network / Connections" and activate "Send system log".

please describe your request again. This data will then be sent directly to the responsible department.

Kind Regards
[redacted]

tbh, this seems like they want to bs their way out of solving my issue. I have no expectation of hearing back from them.
I just spoke to Samsung Germany today and they told me they are aware of this problem and it should be fixed with the next update and that they are working hard to get out until the end of the month. At least some hope.

Reactions: carlasan

sagybp

Jul 12, 2012
Here is what they said:

Dear Mr. [redacted],

Kind Regards
[redacted]

I thought I was going crazy with my bluetooth problems... Glad to know samsung knows about this... thanks for info all
Wanted everyone to know I received the May update this morning which stated "Wifi stability fixes".
I updated it 5 hours ago. So far, no disconnections. Let's see.

Last edited:

Max1234Ita

Mar 23, 2018
Strange issue with Wi-FI and Night Mode

Hi there,
I'm on the latest May '19 update with my A50 (A505FN) and just discovered a very strange issue: when Night Mode is enabled, I can't change advanced settings on WiFi connection, or the Settings app will crash as soon as I tap on the "IP Type" or "Proxy" option.
If I disable Night mode, then everything works fine and I can successfully change the above settings.

Think this is a SW bug...
Did someone experience the same behaviour?

Thanks in advance,
Max - Italy

Reactions: shadow_khan