• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Wifi and Hotspot Not Turning On

Search This thread
Dec 5, 2016
ASUS ROG Phone 5
When installing the ota in twrp. 2parts will be made during the installation. 1st part qill take 5mins. Then the 2nd part is installing the super but twrp stops there and it will ask you to reboot into another slot to continue the installation. What happens here is when u boot to the othwr slot nothing will continue installing coz twrp is erased there because u installed the stock rom/boot
Do one thing after install
When installing the ota in twrp. 2parts will be made during the installation. 1st part qill take 5mins. Then the 2nd part is installing the super but twrp stops there and it will ask you to reboot into another slot to continue the installation. What happens here is when u boot to the othwr slot nothing will continue installing coz twrp is erased there because u installed the stock rom/boot
Which ota file your using for twrp . When you flash with twrp is will get success ..share me file name

That sounds like exactly what you were doing before, which ends up installing to the same slot. If you think there is some way for this to work, good luck. I have a feeling you will end up spending a lot of time getting nowhere, though.

• Sad
Reactions: TOYOBHUMAX

chairman011

Nov 11, 2012
houston
Has anybody sent their phone in for repair? I have a RMA ready to ship the phone relock the bootloader and put it back to stock I was chatting with Asus they can still tell the device was rooted how is that possible? I told them it was stock with a locked bootloader they told me I can send it in if I wanted to but if the technicians inspect it and find out it was rooted it will void the warranty. Is it possible that they can tell like that? Have any of you done this??

chairman011

Nov 11, 2012
houston
Quick update guys. Okay so Asus did replace my motherboard and my phone is being shipped back. They received it on the 25th today is October 26th RMA status is repaired getting ready for shipment. I am in Texas the repair center I sent it to is in Indiana. I was worried that my warranty was going to be void because I did use their app to unlock my bootloader and root the device. Once Wi-Fi and hotspot stopped working and it was verified a hardware issue I re-locked the bootloader and put it back to stock on the latest firmware. They received it repaired it and now it's getting ready to get shipped back to me this is the only solution guys if you are under warranty just re-lock your bootloader update to the latest firmware and you're good. Include your factory charger and USB cord with your phone when you return it good luck.

chairman011

Nov 11, 2012
houston
I got my phone back today Wi-Fi and hotspot works perfect like it used to a Asus representative told me that it was a wire that connects to the motherboard so it wasn't the motherboard itself. But it's all good all I did was relock the bootloader flashed stock firmware and sent it in the turnaround time was under two weeks.

Top Liked Posts