• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

wifi calling on moto x4

Search This thread

chucky7910

Jan 16, 2012
Does anyone who currently has a moto x4 know if the wifi calling option is available? I have a moto x pure and lenovo has disabled it, even though I'm on nougat. I have T-mobile and I was thinking about getting the moto x4, but if lenovo has disabled wifi calling for some reason I won't get it.

ptn107

Feb 10, 2012
I have the x4 Android one on republic wireless and it has WiFi calling. Also my mxp on republic also had WiFi calling. (Maybe because it's what republic is known for but both phones had it and it worked)

FYI the mx4 does not do WiFi calling on mintsim (they don't support the x4 on WiFi calling yet) but the option can still be enabled in settings

Reactions: zatchu

mzsquared

Feb 22, 2018
CT
FYI the mx4 does not do WiFi calling on mintsim (they don't support the x4 on WiFi calling yet) but the option can still be enabled in settings

I have working WiFi calling on Mint Mobile, (Moto X4 "one" software version "google_fi")

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

I have a Moto x4 phone purchased from Amazon and I can't find the setting for wi-fi calling. Anyone know?

Network&Internet>Mobile Network>Advanced>Calling: Mobile preferred>WiFi calling ON (and under that you can pick calling mode as either WiFi or Mobile

Chorale50

Jan 31, 2019
I have working WiFi calling on Mint Mobile, (Moto X4 "one" software version "google_fi")

---------- Post added at 07:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:43 PM ----------

Network&Internet>Mobile Network>Advanced>Calling: Mobile preferred>WiFi calling ON (and under that you can pick calling mode as either WiFi or Mobile

Just an update...I contacted Verizon today and they said that my specific phone (purchased from Amazon, not Verizon) does not have HD capability and therefore does not support Wi-Fi calling. Seems like something people should be aware of....might have purchased from Verizon in that case. Thanks for the replies....

edufur

Sep 27, 2007
Hillsboro
Does anyone who currently has a moto x4 know if the wifi calling option is available? I have a moto x pure and lenovo has disabled it, even though I'm on nougat. I have T-mobile and I was thinking about getting the moto x4, but if lenovo has disabled wifi calling for some reason I won't get it.

It has that ability. At least I know that it does that in Google Fi. But also, Google Duo does that regardless. So if you call other android users using Duo, it will use your Wifi. It is very high quality too.

barotropic

Oct 12, 2011
LG G5
LG G6
My Moto X4 (Android one flavor) does wifi calling, HD voice, volte, Hotspot, and CCF beautifully and automatically once I inserted a Mint SIM. Suspect any SIM based on T-mo network would do the same.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have the x4 Android one on republic wireless and it has WiFi calling. Also my mxp on republic also had WiFi calling. (Maybe because it's what republic is known for but both phones had it and it worked)