Wifi calling on unlocked Note 8

Search This thread

Theriault

Feb 11, 2019
Support

Good info, as already provided in posts #25 and #31 of this thread...

If you want to activate wifi calling on a unlocked phone you must select the appropriate carrier service code.
Open the dialer app
Dial *#272*IMEI#
Select the carrier you are on.
This will do a factory image with the features that carrier supports.

If you want to activate wifi calling on a unlocked phone you must select the appropriate carrier service code.
Open the dialer app
Dial *#272*IMEI#
Select the carrier you are on.
This will do a factory image with the features that carrier supports.

I find that hard to believe, as I never did set any carrier service code like stated in your post and I still have wifi calling using TMO on my unlocked Note 8 (N950U1) without any issues ...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, i created this topic as i didn't find one dedicated.
    I have an issue with Wifi calling.
    I bought a Note 8 from Samsung, so it is unlocked. On my notification screen i have a wifi calling button which is blue (so activated!?) but at the same time grayed out (i cannot interact with it). If i go to Phone app and Settings i do not have any Wifi calling option nor in the system apps as a service. So basically i dont have the wifi calling function and i really need it. My operator is Vodafone Romania and from what intel i gathered googling i called them and ask them to activate it (maybe push something to my phone, like a sms) but they said its got nothing to do with them. They said what i want is a setting in my phone and they only provide services.. so they cant help.
    Can anyone advise me for this issue?? Many thanks

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

I'm on Vodafone UK and bought direct from Samsung and now have wifi calling

There was a threads on UK Vodafone forums about this problem it was not working even for phones direct from Vodafone

The solution is to call tech support at Vodafone and ask them to send the configuration to "update the provisioning" on your handset ... this is not same as mms or web configuration .

Good luck
    I did...unfortunately Vodafone in my country hires only idiots. They say its not up to them...that wifi calling is a feature of the phone not something they can activate. Enough said :)
    I wrote a complaint...waiting for someone smarter to reply

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

They are no better here ... Just keep trying till you reach a good customer service person
    The issue is Vodafone Romania does not support WI-Fi calling. The only networks in Romania supporting such feature are Digi Mobil (https://www.rcs-rds.ro/volte-vowifi) and Orange (https://www.orange.ro/tehnologii/apel-wifi/). I have the same unlocked dual sim Note 8 (pre-ordered form Altex) and am with the same carrier (Vodafone Romania). I enquired with them about the feature and their consultant told me that such feature is not yet supported. Moreover I inserted my wife's Digi Mobil SIM into the phone and it works unexpectedly well, the option in the notification panel became accessible and was able to use Wi-Fi calling. I know this is not exactly the response you were hoping for but unfortunately, at least for now, it seems we have to live with it.
    Cheers!
    Just found this thread tonight. I bought an unlocked (snapdragon) Note 8 with no WiFi calling option. T mobile says it's not their problem. Samsung claims it's T mobile problem. I wasted two hours tonight being treated as a pingpong ball. Hey, John Legere, your people are normally better than this. I haven't been treated this poorly since I left AT&T cellular hell.
    If you have to have it flash full carrier firmware...