Wifi Hanging On "Obtaining Address"

Search This thread

hospo

May 30, 2008
My wifi has been working just fine on my Vibrant since the day it came out. Never had an issue. Never changed the settings. Now, when I turn it on, it gets hung up on "obtaining address". It eventually gives me a 'wouldn't work' type message. I don't have the upgrade yet, so that shouldn't be it. Any thoughts? :-/

chichu_9

Oct 27, 2006
Atlanta
My wifi has been working just fine on my Vibrant since the day it came out. Never had an issue. Never changed the settings. Now, when I turn it on, it gets hung up on "obtaining address". It eventually gives me a 'wouldn't work' type message. I don't have the upgrade yet, so that shouldn't be it. Any thoughts? :-/

Try restarting your router..Had similar issues with Linksys. Then delete and recreate your Wireless profile on your phone.

mobilebone

Aug 2, 2010
Is your USB connected by chance? I had the same problem once, where it would not connect to the wifi with the USB plugged in.

kmdub

Jun 20, 2009
Sterling, VA
Try setting up a static IP and see if that works. If that works, then at least you know you have DHCP problems, which are mostly likely on the server itself (your router, etc.). If the static IP works, then go to whatever your DHCP server is and look for an option to clear all previously remembered leases. Then go back and start fresh again by re-enabling DHCP on the phone.

hospo

May 30, 2008
That doesn't work either. I've tested 3 cells, they all connect. It's just mine. :-(

Now I just wonder if I should wait for the OTA Update or just get a replacement. Honestly, I'd rather not do either. lol

hospo

May 30, 2008
I had the same exact problem. I flashed the JI6 update with Odin and it works fine.

REALLY?? Oh, that would be great if it were that easy! And by easy, I mean this newby will attempt to spend the next day and 1/2 trying to figure out how to flash J16 update with Odin, lol.

cthach11

Jul 20, 2010
Is it password protected? Make sure you type the correct password...I know this may seem redundant but I forget all the time....