WiFi is definitely 802.11n...

Search This thread

Kermee

Sep 1, 2009
Following Google page states 802.11n:

http://www.google.com/phone/static/en_US-nexusone_tech_specs.html

Following HTC page incorrectly omits 802.11n and shows 802.11b/g:

http://www.htc.com/www/product/nexusone/specification.html

Using SwiFTP 1.12 and a D-Link DIR-825 with a PC directly wired to the wireless AP via GbE, I get the following results:

Code:
ftp> put 1.0-update-nexusone-modacocustomrom-core-signed.zip
200 PORT OK
150 Data socket ready
226 Transmission complete
ftp: 68512910 bytes sent in 32.87Seconds [B][COLOR="Red"]2084.36Kbytes/sec.[/COLOR][/B]
ftp> quit

WPA2-PSK using AES-only.

I'm too lazy to look at the Broadcom specs but from the looks of it, it's definitely a 1x1 WiFi radio seeing it's only a 65Mbps link at 100% signal strength.

n1connected.png

Cheers,
Kermee

dsjr2006

Aug 31, 2009
West Michigan
Neither of those links you gave shows Wireless-N and it has already been confirmed that it has Wireless N & FM t capability just like the iPhone 3GS and newest iPod Touch, but none of these devices have it enabled.

CaliLove310

May 20, 2009
Compton
My nexus hasn't been able to see my N network. Although, mine is set to run in 5gHz and I see yours is running 2.4gHz Going to try switching to 2.4 and see if that works.

Kermee

Sep 1, 2009
Neither of those links you gave shows Wireless-N and it has already been confirmed that it has Wireless N & FM t capability just like the iPhone 3GS and newest iPod Touch, but none of these devices have it enabled.

Looks like Google removed the references to 802.11n. It was there on the page the first few days it was up. I assure you, 802.11n is enabled on the stock Nexus One.

Cheers,
Kermee

hoss_n2

Nov 1, 2008
cairo

like the hd2 n wifi exists but it is disabled by htc software and can be enabled only by simple teweak

DebauchedSloth

Jan 27, 2008
I've set my router into N only mode. The N1 connects at 65Mbps - which, as has been pointed out - is an N speed, not a G speed. No G device connected to the router when it was in this mode. The router reported the N1 as connected at 802.11N.

My N1 has an 802.11N radio, no question.

I doubt it actually needs or can fully use that speeds, but that's another matter.

Now I'm sort of tempted to setup another router that is N only just for the N1, BTW. That radio locked on to the N only router faster than I've ever seen it pick up any access point, including the same one in mixed mode.

I would have to agree, the Nexus One has an 11n radio in it.

Reason I know this is all last night and this morning I didn't have 3G (I now do at this time after logging into TMOs website), so I had to connect to my Linksys WRT600N.

WRT600N is running the latest DD-WRT...and I'm currently broadcasting N and A only with WPA2 Personal (AES/TKIP). On top of that, I am only running one of the two APs in my router, the one using the 5GHz band only.

TonyHoyle

Mar 2, 2009
Manchester
There's no doubt the chipset is N capable (whether it's setup that it could be enabled in software is yet to be determined). However is is *not* enabled. Both HTC and Google say this. Testing shows that if you switch a network into N only mode the phone cannot see it.. what more do you need?

hamshu

Jun 7, 2009
ATL
There's no doubt the chipset is N capable (whether it's setup that it could be enabled in software is yet to be determined). However is is *not* enabled. Both HTC and Google say this. Testing shows that if you switch a network into N only mode the phone cannot see it.. what more do you need?

According to the anecdotal evidence provided above, it is enabled, but not dual-band, just 2.4ghz.

Note:I don't have a Nexus yet, just summing up other people's observations.