• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Wifi is switching OFF itself after 15 minutes inactivity

Search This thread

krzywojc

Feb 21, 2016
Hi all,
I have very irritating problem. When I go outside for 15 min (i.e. I go to work) I discover all the time that Wifi is switched off. Not only disconnected, but it is just off and I am using mobile data. I have to switch it on again all the time by toggle button.
My version MIUI 12.5.13.0 RKDEUXM (rooted of course)
I think that before updating was there an option to switch off Wifi by inactivity and now I can't find it anymore. I have tried to switch off Wifi assistant and other options described in the internet, but nothing helps...
Anyone any idea?

Last edited:
Reactions: gsus

krzywojc

Feb 21, 2016
I have this issue as well. Hopefully a bug that will be solved in upcoming release. But it is very annoying.
I had hope as well, yesterday I have updated to 12.5.16.0 and this bug is still there.
I have bought this phone because I have got TV for free and let's say: I wanted to start my adventure with xiaomi. Just give a chance, but I see that this was a bad idea... Software is f****ng fulllll of bugs. Irritating bugs!

sushuguru

Oct 30, 2016
Xiaomi 11T Pro
I had hope as well, yesterday I have updated to 12.5.16.0 and this bug is still there.
I have bought this phone because I have got TV for free and let's say: I wanted to start my adventure with xiaomi. Just give a chance, but I see that this was a bad idea... Software is f****ng fulllll of bugs. Irritating bugs!
Tbh, I'm sure this is even a bug or not, or it's a "feature" from miui just trying to save battery hopelessly, I remember there used to be an option to automatically turn off wifi when screen off on previous miui version, may be this is by default now.

gsus

Sep 28, 2006
Xiaomi Mi A2
Xiaomi Mi A3
The main two bugs I have with this phone is that Nova launcher notifications stops working once per day and I have to manually reapprove permissions for it to start working again, and this wifi bug. There are more bugs, but not as annoying as those two which drives me crazy.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,
    I have very irritating problem. When I go outside for 15 min (i.e. I go to work) I discover all the time that Wifi is switched off. Not only disconnected, but it is just off and I am using mobile data. I have to switch it on again all the time by toggle button.
    My version MIUI 12.5.13.0 RKDEUXM (rooted of course)
    I think that before updating was there an option to switch off Wifi by inactivity and now I can't find it anymore. I have tried to switch off Wifi assistant and other options described in the internet, but nothing helps...
    Anyone any idea?