• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

wifi issues

Search This thread
Since I've purchased the note 10 +, I've had some wifi connection issues. The phone never stays connected, or will drop wifi frequently. Normally once a day. Now though, it is much more common, and it is for longer periods of time. I'll be casting something to my tv, and then the video will drop due to the phone trying to "reconnect" to the wifi. Has anyone else seen similar issues?

OnnoJ

Nov 13, 2012
Medemblik
Do you have a case on your phone?
Any settings made in advanced wifi settings?
Tried app like wifi analizer? Both to check the received wifi strength and also possible wifi congestion...
Are the problems only while casting to TV or also when streaming of Internet?
Did you try change in wifi settings in router, like extended lease time or assigning fixed ip-adresses to both TV and phone, change of wifi channel, switch between 2.4GHz and 5GHz?

Do you have a case on your phone?
Any settings made in advanced wifi settings?
Tried app like wifi analizer? Both to check the received wifi strength and also possible wifi congestion...
Are the problems only while casting to TV or also when streaming of Internet?
Did you try change in wifi settings in router, like extended lease time or assigning fixed ip-adresses to both TV and phone, change of wifi channel, switch between 2.4GHz and 5GHz?

The wifi network is fine. Both in signal and congestion. The phone is set to be on the 5 ghz. And I've never had any issues with it on any other device. I lose signal frequently. I only used the casting example to help people understand what's happening.

larazimmer

Jul 26, 2021
Now there is a problem with many routers. Even expensive models may not solve the problem with an Internet connection. I also had problems connecting to wi-fi. The phone was disconnected from the router once every few days. I called the guys who connected the Internet to me, but they said that everything was fine on their part. They sent me a master, he looked, but could not do anything except how to change my router. A few days later, I realized that the problem was not solved and started Googling the problem on the Internet. I came across a forum where they advised me to enter this ip 192.168.1.1 and after a couple of manipulations, I was able to fix my problem.

Last edited:
Now there is a problem with many routers. Even expensive models may not solve the problem with an Internet connection. I also had problems connecting to wi-fi. The phone was disconnected from the router once every few days. I called the guys who connected the Internet to me, but they said that everything was fine on their part. They sent me a master, he looked, but could not do anything except how to change my router. A few days later, I realized that the problem was not solved and started Googling the problem on the Internet. I came across a forum where they advised me to enter this ip 192.168.1.1 and after a couple of manipulations, I was able to fix my problem.
Are you just talking about the programming page of Netgear's routers? Netgear also has apps for that...

gernerttl

How did entering your router's default IP address fix your issue? What changes did you make to your router's configuration?

Just saying that you entered that IP address and making a couple of manipulations doesn't help the OP.