• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Wifi keeps turning on automatically

Search This thread

buschris

Jan 20, 2011
OnePlus 9 Pro
okay fellas, I'm at my Wit's end about this and I really don't like this about Android pie but my Wi-Fi for some reason keeps turning on when I have EVERYTHING turned off! I have Wi-Fi said not to turn on automatically, I have location services turned off I just don't know what to do at this point and I'm really getting sick and tired of my wife I coming on when I don't want it on, is I very RARELY use wifi. I feel this is a gross invasion of privacy. my question is, do I need to root my phone and somehow disable something to get my Wi-Fi to stay off?

axelryder

Dec 3, 2010
okay fellas, I'm at my Wit's end about this and I really don't like this about Android pie but my Wi-Fi for some reason keeps turning on when I have EVERYTHING turned off! I have Wi-Fi said not to turn on automatically, I have location services turned off I just don't know what to do at this point and I'm really getting sick and tired of my wife I coming on when I don't want it on, is I very RARELY use wifi. I feel this is a gross invasion of privacy. my question is, do I need to root my phone and somehow disable something to get my Wi-Fi to stay off?

Did you ever find a solution? I'm having the same problem since the Android 10 update

jaseman

Aug 27, 2012
Spring
I am willing to guess that you both turned off > settings > Wi-Fi & internet > Wi-Fi > Wi-Fi preferences > Turn on Wi-Fi automatically???
If you did, and it is still turning on automatically, then a NETWORK reset may be in order. Also, it may take a removal, or to "forget" a particular Wi-Fi address for it to stay off. Mine stays off, so I hope some of this helps.

axelryder

Dec 3, 2010
I am willing to guess that you both turned off > settings > Wi-Fi & internet > Wi-Fi > Wi-Fi preferences > Turn on Wi-Fi automatically???
If you did, and it is still turning on automatically, then a NETWORK reset may be in order. Also, it may take a removal, or to "forget" a particular Wi-Fi address for it to stay off. Mine stays off, so I hope some of this helps.

I had that off already, but I actually just figured out right after what went wrong; after I made a factory reset to install the Android 10 uprade, one program that I was using "Wifi password key show" reverted back to its default configurations, and they included a setting to turn off and on the Wifi upon turning off and on the screen.