Question Wifi problem?

Search This thread
Hi, Im using Mi 11 ultra with latest MIUI eu 12.5.10
I found that sometime i can't use my work wifi, if i connect to it, my phone will show that this wifi has no internet connection. But in the same time, my other phones work normally with that wifi network (mix 2s, mi5 - PE rom), only 11 ultra has no internet connection. I tried reset network setting but no luck. But after restarting phone, wifi works well, and after few hours, the problem comeback
Does anyone here has the same problem with me?

Last edited:

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
Did you try with a global ROM? Wifi might operate under different regulations since you are not in China

jim262

Jul 17, 2015
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
i havent cause i still have bootloader locked. next Tuesday i'm going to try everything ;)
Did you try with a global ROM? Wifi might operate under different regulations since you are not in China
Doesn't work that way, I imported a Chinese variant of the Mi 11 Ultra and used it for a week here in the US, prior to unlocking and flashing another rom. I am currently running the latest version of the Xiaomi.eu weekly (21.7.21) with no issues. Unless the devices rom doesn't support the radio bands where you are at, the rom and unlocking the bootloader has nothuing to with your modem/radios. As far as I am aware the CN. version supports most bands used. I hope this helps. https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/US/xiaomi-mi-11-pro-plus

xwonic

Feb 27, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Doesn't work that way, I imported a Chinese variant of the Mi 11 Ultra and used it for a week here in the US, prior to unlocking and flashing another rom. I am currently running the latest version of the Xiaomi.eu weekly (21.7.21) with no issues. Unless the devices rom doesn't support the radio bands where you are at, the rom and unlocking the bootloader has nothuing to with your modem/radios. As far as I am aware the CN. version supports most bands used. I hope this helps. https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/US/xiaomi-mi-11-pro-plus
i wasnt saying that unlocking bootloader was going to solve anything, but by having it locked i cant install other roms and test it out.

Changing to other roms with diferent radio bands like xNAPx said.

jim262

Jul 17, 2015
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
i wasnt saying that unlocking bootloader was going to solve anything, but by having it locked i cant install other roms and test it out.

What I am saying is the roms won't change anything. The radio bands are hardware and the roms are software. So unless you set this device up wrong in the first place, the radio bands will be exactly the same regardless of software used.

Reactions: xwonic

xwonic

Feb 27, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
What I am saying is the roms won't change anything. The radio bands are hardware and the roms are software. So unless you set this device up wrong in the first place, the radio bands will be exactly the same regardless of software used.
I understand but i think its not mobile radios related, its wifi frequency bands, read somewhere but cant say what cause i'm not that knowledgeable. i have my Poco M3 with xiaomi.eu 12.0.4 and it doesn't have issues connecting to it.

On Tuesday im going be able to install other roms and ill update this if its fixed.

jim262

Jul 17, 2015
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
I understand but i think its not mobile radios related, its wifi frequency bands, read somewhere but cant say what cause i'm not that knowledgeable. i have my Poco M3 with xiaomi.eu 12.0.4 and it doesn't have issues connecting to it.

On Tuesday im going be able to install other roms and ill update this if its fixed.
Then it's probably the way you set it up. With the Chinese rom, I believe you have to login to your Mi account for wifi to work. Since your device is new, you probably don't have a lot of data on it yet, you may want to do a factory re-set, but you may want to wait as it may also reset the unlock clock.

Reactions: xwonic
Screenshot_2021-07-26-13-29-49-917_com.miui.home~2.jpg
IMG_20210726_133012~2.jpg

Hic, the problem come back after 1-2 days

xNAPx

Sep 26, 2010
Look if I can tell, I have troubles running the hotspot at 5ghz for example on Mi 11 Ultra, I think these issues are related to bands supported by the device between China and global

jim262

Jul 17, 2015
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
Sounds like an issue with your router or network and not your phone.
If the problem is intermittant, it more than likely is not an issue with the phone but your're routers ability to communicate with the device and changing a rom is not likely to change that. You have stated the phone recognizes the network, but can't connect. If the phone had reception issues, it wouldn't even see the network and radio band issues only apply to issues with connection via sim to carrier. This does not apply to wifi.

If the problem is intermittant, it more than likely is not an issue with the phone but your're routers ability to communicate with the device and changing a rom is not likely to change that. You have stated the phone recognizes the network, but can't connect. If the phone had reception issues, it wouldn't even see the network and radio band issues only apply to issues with connection via sim to carrier. This does not apply to wifi.
But i dont know why after reboot my phone, wifi works again 😑

jim262

Jul 17, 2015
Xiaomi Mi Mix 3
Because it is a new connection, but your router and its wifi signal is not stable. There must be two way communication between the router and the device. According to you, the phone sees your router and actuually connects to it, but the signal is lost. This is either an issue with your internet signal from your ISP, the signal from the router is weak or ther are too many devices on your network and the Mi is getting bumped of. Usually with newer routers, this isn't an issue, but if you have an older router that uses only 2.4Ghz for example, you not only share that bandwidth with others in your household, but neighbors and other devices like microwave ovens, TVs, and many, many more... 2.4 is the most common wifi network and for a longtime was the only one. If a neighbor's wifi is using the same bandwidth (2.4 GHz), it wil create an overlapping effect and weaken your routers signal. This can affect connectivity as you move around the house. This is a better explanation of how WiFi basically works. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2.4_GHz_radio_use

Reactions: hungragezone

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Try:

In connections settings:
    Private DNS: disable

In your work wifi network settings:
    Privacy: use device MAC
    i havent cause i still have bootloader locked. next Tuesday i'm going to try everything ;)

Then it's probably the way you set it up. With the Chinese rom, I believe you have to login to your Mi account for wifi to work. Since your device is new, you probably don't have a lot of data on it yet, you may want to do a factory re-set, but you may want to wait as it may also reset the unlock clock.
    Because it is a new connection, but your router and its wifi signal is not stable. There must be two way communication between the router and the device. According to you, the phone sees your router and actuually connects to it, but the signal is lost. This is either an issue with your internet signal from your ISP, the signal from the router is weak or ther are too many devices on your network and the Mi is getting bumped of. Usually with newer routers, this isn't an issue, but if you have an older router that uses only 2.4Ghz for example, you not only share that bandwidth with others in your household, but neighbors and other devices like microwave ovens, TVs, and many, many more... 2.4 is the most common wifi network and for a longtime was the only one. If a neighbor's wifi is using the same bandwidth (2.4 GHz), it wil create an overlapping effect and weaken your routers signal. This can affect connectivity as you move around the house. This is a better explanation of how WiFi basically works. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2.4_GHz_radio_use