Question WiFi problems after update to 62.0.A.3.163

Search This thread

user616702

Jun 3, 2021
Hello.

After update to 62.0.A.3.163 (about week ago) I have problems with WiFi connection:
Once/twice a day phone loses WiFi connection and then:
a) it does not see saved WiFi connection (other SSIDs are searchable) still being in range of it - here it helps to switch off and on again the WiFi option in Settings;
b) and sometimes it does not see any WiFi SSID (search list is empty) - here only restarting the phone helps.

I've already tried to:
- disable/enable "Turn on Wi-Fi automatically" setting;
- switching "Use randomized MAC" to "Use device MAC" in settings for saved WiFi SSID;
- disable/enable "Wi-Fi scan throttling" in "Developer options";
- perform "factory reset".
All of that did not help to solve the problem.

Does anyone have this kind of WiFi problem on 62.0.A.3.163?

PS. I had no WiFi problems on system version 62.0.A.3.70.

Reactions: dimenfer

user616702

Jun 3, 2021
The support suggested to make "software repair" with Xperia Companion and... it did not helped.
Second suggestion was to contact local authorized repair center what I'm about to do next...

bserem

Apr 27, 2008
I had the same issue, and I also contacted support. While waiting for an answer though I started inspecting some of the more recently installed apps and after removing a few of them the issue seems to be gone. I say seems, because I would need a couple days to verify it for sure.

Do you by any chance have any of the following apps?
- kiss launcher
- simple calculator
- simple media player

bserem

Apr 27, 2008
Well then, I guess you'd have to try and uninstall some apps and see how it works for you.
I'd start with apps not installed from google-play, like YT Vanced, F-droid stuff etc.

Do you by any chance have Youtube Vanced? I also updated it to the latest version yesterday, might be related.

user616702

Jun 3, 2021
Well then, I guess you'd have to try and uninstall some apps and see how it works for you.
I'd start with apps not installed from google-play, like YT Vanced, F-droid stuff etc.

Do you by any chance have Youtube Vanced? I also updated it to the latest version yesterday, might be related.
I had this Wi-fi problem still after "software repair" and without installing any additional apps after initial setup, so...
Today I'm sending my phone to the repair center.

• Sad
Reactions: bserem

bserem

Apr 27, 2008
Well, I also reported this, so hopefully they will fix it in a new firmware.

I am hesitant to send it to repair because it will be weeks before I get it back.

ksuuk

Apr 23, 2012
Tallinn
After update to 62.0.A.3.163 (about week ago) I have problems with WiFi connection:
I don't know is this related, but now phone logs are flooded with messages:

Code:
avc: denied { find } for pid=5908 uid=10328 name=tethering
scontext=u:rermissioncontroller_app:s0:c72,c257,c512,c768
tcontext=ubject_r:tethering_service:s0 tclass=service_manager permissive=0

After restarting the phone, no such logs, but when I just toggle wifi off/on, the flooding starts again.

So I also sent a complaint to support.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220108-110226.png
    Screenshot_20220108-110226.png
    304.3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Reactions: Dzepar

alonzimanuel

Aug 27, 2012
denied { find } for pid=5908 uid=10328 nam

Code:

After restarting the phone, no such logs, but when I just toggle wifi off/on, the flooding starts again.

Great Job, thanks. I also got the problem, just as I changed my router xD I thought it was the problem. Anyway I don't think sending phone to repair centre could be the right choice. It's a bug that will be solved in future updates I hope.

ksuuk

Apr 23, 2012
Tallinn
I had this Wi-fi problem still after "software repair" and without installing any additional apps after initial setup, so...
Today I'm sending my phone to the repair center.
Any news? Support suggest to me also to perform a software repair, but I don't want to do it (I have no interest nor time to reinstall/restore all my settings/apps) and like You said, it's also pointless.

user616702

Jun 3, 2021
Any news? Support suggest to me also to perform a software repair, but I don't want to do it (I have no interest nor time to reinstall/restore all my settings/apps) and like You said, it's also pointless.
Yes, "software repair" did not helped for me.
At repair center the motherboard was replaced - it did not helped neither.
I've decided to send it back to the shop for refunds.

lufei

Nov 28, 2021
Xiaomi Mi A1
Sony Xperia 10 III
Yes, "software repair" did not helped for me.
At repair center the motherboard was replaced - it did not helped neither.
I've decided to send it back to the shop for refunds.
There's nothing that needs to be repaired, either hardware or software.
We just need to wait for an update or stay on the older firmware. Although I don't have the WiFi problems on .163 firmware and gsi rom.

ksuuk

Apr 23, 2012
Tallinn
There's nothing that needs to be repaired, either hardware or software.
We just need to wait for an update or stay on the older firmware. Although I don't have the WiFi problems on .163 firmware and gsi rom.
If either hardware or software needs to be repaired, then what update are You waiting for? Are You hoping that Sony sends You free new phone?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, wanted to add to this thread.
    I'm having the same issue. Wifi works fine when I'm at home, once I leave home and later come back it won't connect to Wifi again. The only solution is to restart the phone. Although today it actually connected to my 2.4GHz band (I normally use 5GHz). The signal was really weak though with only one bar and I was in the same room where my router is located.

Hopefully this will be fixed soon!
    62.0.A.9.11 is out, give a try - https://xpericheck.com/XQ-BT52
    Hello.

Once/twice a day phone loses WiFi connection and then:
    a) it does not see saved WiFi connection (other SSIDs are searchable) still being in range of it - here it helps to switch off and on again the WiFi option in Settings;
    b) and sometimes it does not see any WiFi SSID (search list is empty) - here only restarting the phone helps.

I've already tried to:
    - disable/enable "Turn on Wi-Fi automatically" setting;
    - switching "Use randomized MAC" to "Use device MAC" in settings for saved WiFi SSID;
    - disable/enable "Wi-Fi scan throttling" in "Developer options";
    - perform "factory reset".
    All of that did not help to solve the problem.

Does anyone have this kind of WiFi problem on 62.0.A.3.163?

PS. I had no WiFi problems on system version 62.0.A.3.70.

Code:

After multiple messages etc, support replied:

"We regret to inform you that we currently have no solution at the moment regarding Wi-Fi reconnection issues, sorry. However our engineers and developers are promising a hotfix update that will be present in the next software update this coming month. Delivery date will depend on country and operator."