WiFi problems JB|regional

Search This thread

s-X-s

May 22, 2012
Sydney
www.weindians.net
I know my ONLY problem is I don't want to wipe my data(for flashing .45):(

you can back up data man... use superback up then back up contacts, call log, sms etc and you can get it restored after finsihing all... as pc companion dont wipe data and end up such wifi data problems sometimes and its better when you wipe everything when u go upgrade from previous version to a new version of OS... give u much speed and get rid of lag issues....

So you guys dont want to loose data and lying here and crying for wifie problems.. loz

S-AJAD

Mar 7, 2013
mashhad
hi guys.

i'm in IRAN
i use miui v5 and my bootloader was opened.
but i didn't flash this rom.
becuase wifi is very important for me.
and i want to wait for a new frimware or a patch or any other fix for it.
but i can't understand why this problem Just in Iran?
and other people doesn't have this problem.

please help us if you can solve us our problem

tnx for reading my post and so sorry for my bad English

Last edited:

mikexperia

Feb 18, 2012
Tehran
First : we don't cry or lie for a ridiculous Problem like This
Second : Sony owe us not we who are Customers and waiting for Receiving Services after purchasing Its cellphones. If Sony Like to Save Its Customers, Then must Give us Services as perfect as Possible
Third : We do as you told us but If anything Would be changed, What THEN????????

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

mehdicvl

Jan 18, 2013
you can back up data man... use superback up then back up contacts, call log, sms etc and you can get it restored after finsihing all... as pc companion dont wipe data and end up such wifi data problems sometimes and its better when you wipe everything when u go upgrade from previous version to a new version of OS... give u much speed and get rid of lag issues....

So you guys dont want to loose data and lying here and crying for wifie problems.. loz

As I said, even this Rom has the same problem! (Some of my colleague reported it)
There is a problem with regional carriers and JB wifi app
What can be done?

Oct 7, 2010
tehran
wifi dont work

hi all
wifi also dont work for me
rom:4.2.1 ver 200

please share this topic on xperiablog ;)

(bache ha moshkelo ba xperia blog matrah konid ta too akhbaresh elam kone va sedamoon be sony berese ta baraye version khavar miyane moshkelo hal kone)

Reactions: 1ted55

mehdicvl

Jan 18, 2013
This guys claims it fixed his wifi issues with this app

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2301318

Thanks for your attention till now, thank for informing.
Tehree are some problems!
First, to use this application you must root your device ( not a problem for me but maybe for the others)
Second and the most important problem is that: If you go somewhere with weak mobile network signal quality, the application must be restarted time to time

Last edited:

salar.miri

Mar 18, 2013
shiraz
I have an app that which solve completely wifi problems!
But it needs roo access.
Now I turn airplane mode on to use WiFi.

Sent from my XS on buggy 4.1.2

s-X-s

May 22, 2012
Sydney
www.weindians.net
Thanks for your attention till now, thank for informing.
Tehree are some problems!
First, to use this application you must root your device ( not a problem for me but maybe for the others)
Second and the most important problem is that: If you go somewhere with weak mobile network signal quality, the application must be restarted time to time

but soon your region firmware will be avaialble to u i guess, all these problems are using other region firmware i think? or on all firmwares?? then wait for sony to fix it, bring it to them...

Reactions: sardin1

mehdicvl

Jan 18, 2013
but soon your region firmware will be avaialble to u i guess, all these problems are using other region firmware i think? or on all firmwares?? then wait for sony to fix it, bring it to them...

Actually it has released yesterday and those who have Xperia S with locked bootloader, have receive it! But the issue has not been fixed! :(
Where can we ask Sony for it? Any link, email address or sth do you suggest?

s-X-s

May 22, 2012
Sydney
www.weindians.net
Actually it has released yesterday and those who have Xperia S with locked bootloader, have receive it! But the issue has not been fixed! :(
Where can we ask Sony for it? Any link, email address or sth do you suggest?

you can chat to them on livechat in sonymobile.com or if you have sony centre you can take it to them....

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,guys.I have WiFI and Data connection problems since JB update.DAta doesn't work at aLL and WIFI only works when My SIMcard is'nt in the phone.Do You Have same problem?I think it's because of region.I'm from Iran.please report me.thanks

1:also I need a way to fix it without root.Do you know one?
    and if it doesn't exist,Is there any other way of rooting instead of flashing DooMLorD's pre-rooted ROM?
    I've chatted with an agent!
    this is the rest of conversation:

Please could you confirm which model of phone you have and which network it is on?
    Mehdi: I have Xperia S smartphone
    Luke: Thank you, how can I help you today?
    Mehdi: it uses MCI network (Iranian main carrier)
    Luke: How can I help.
    Mehdi: the problem is, after upgrading to Jelly bean, I have no access to Wifi except by switching to airplane mode
    Mehdi: Not just me, All IRanian have the same problem
    Luke: OKay I see.
    Luke: I'd suggest that you try repairing the software in your handset. This can be done using the PC Companion program. You can download this here: http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software Downloads/PC_Companion_2.02.015_Web.exe
    Mehdi: beside, mobile data is disabled!
    Mehdi: It's not a software problem
    Luke: It may possible be.
    Mehdi: because when I switch to Airlplane mode it works!
    Luke: So this may be a bug on the software.
    Mehdi: If it was just my problem, yes it could be a bug on software but all Iranian users have the same problem
    Luke: I see.
    Mehdi: I think it's a bug in firmware
    Luke: The Only thing I could suggest would be repairing the software or sending this off for repair.
    Mehdi: You mean all Iranian users must repair their cellphone?
    Mehdi: but by downgrading to ICS, wifi works!
    Mehdi: It's a bug in firmware isn't it?
    Luke: This is not something I have came across before.
    Mehdi: One more thing! when I change the country code (using MArket Enabler app) again WIFI works perfect for a while!
    Luke: OKay I se.
    Luke: I will pass these details on in regards to this.
    Mehdi: Could you please report this issue to the developers?
    Luke: I will pass on your data Mehdi.
    Mehdi: Thanks a lot
    Luke: I hope the information I have given answers your query. Is there anything else I can help you with?
    Mehdi: one more question
    Luke: Okay?
    Mehdi: will we have upgrade to 4.2 or 4.3?
    Luke: Currently we do not have any confirmation regarding which of our products will or won’t receive this particular version of Android.
    Luke: As this version has only recently been announced, we will be unable to confirm this information until the software has been made available to our developers and they have tested this on our Xperia range of handsets
    Luke: Once we receive any confirmation, we will make an announcement on our Product Blog page. You can access our Product Blog via the link below:
    Luke: http://blogs.sonymobile.com/products
    Luke: All information we currently have available regarding future Android versions can be found on the below official blog post:
    Luke: http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2012/10...rades-jelly-bean-for-2012-xperia-smartphones/
    Mehdi: thanks a lot
    Mehdi: I wish the developers fix this issue as soon as possible
    Mehdi: thanks a lot, have a good time
    Luke: I will raise this.
    Luke: OK Mehdi. Thank you for using the Sony Xperia Chat Support today. Have a nice day :)
    Your session has ended. You may now close this window.
    Dear guys! Please don't speak in a non English language and put this thread up by asking you're request in English!
    Recently I asked doomlord for it and he said wifi issue will be fixed in final release (recently means last week), but it's knot fixed yet :(
    Beside all bugs, we are suffering for lack of wifi in our smartphones
    Please help...
    Thanks a lot in advance!
    Type english only

Hi all of my friends who live in my motherland Country IRAN .
    Please Type your Request in English as you can in order to Understand anybody else wherever he/she is To fix our Problem that is very unfaithful !
    We are innocent for our Goverments Activity . It is everybody's Right to have Equipment to communicate by devices Entirely .
    Now we want Google to fix this Strange Problem WIFI Connectivity for Iraninan People by a new firmware or patch or whatever they Think it can be Fixed by !
    Thanks
    Hi all of my friends who live in my motherland Country IRAN .
    Please Type your Request in English as you can in order to Understand anybody else wherever he/she is To fix our Problem that is very unfaithful !
    We are innocent for our Goverments Activity . It is everybody's Right to have Equipment to communicate by devices Entirely .
    Now we want Google to fix this Strange Problem WIFI Connectivity for Iraninan People by a new firmware or patch or whatever they Think it can be Fixed by !
    Thanks

HI.OK we will Type english as we can.but someone have to be aware that we pay money as all customers all around the world pay!!!!(or even more)
    But why should we have problems???god knows!
    Yes He/She is very unfaithful
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone