WiFi problems JB|regional

Search This thread

salar.miri

Mar 18, 2013
shiraz
It's a pity that no one cares about this huge problem just because we're from the other side of the planet.

Market Unlocker solved it for a couple of hours then same shi* happened.

PEOPLE,wait.as I said before,we are going to solve the problem for iranians ourselves.be aware that we can an it called iranian BRAIN,so wait for our way of fixing,we will just Fak:laugh: SONY,do it ourselves.WE WILL

mehdicvl

Jan 18, 2013
PEOPLE,wait.as I said before,we are going to solve the problem for iranians ourselves.be aware that we can an it called iranian BRAIN,so wait for our way of fixing,we will just Fak:laugh: SONY,do it ourselves.WE WILL

Be polite please!
The same problem happened before for Xperia J, Sony solved the problem with last build update!
So be patient, and just ask you're request from Sony! And just report the problem to Sony agents

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

salar.miri

Mar 18, 2013
shiraz
Be polite please!
The same problem happened before for Xperia J, Sony solved the problem with last build update!
So be patient, and just ask you're request from Sony! And just report the problem to Sony agents

Man,No XJ user report that WiFi fixed.Where Does your news came from?!?

Sent from my XS on buggy 4.1.2

masih.xperes

May 31, 2013
the thing is when we upgrade our phones in iran to JB the wi-fi doesn't work and we know it that it's not a hardware problem because when we set the phone to the flight mode or remove the SIM the wi-fi works good and now we want sony to make a solution for this problem

---------- Post added at 05:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:04 AM ----------

now i know why jb came late jb4.1.2. for s&sl have full of bug and nobody in sony answer me i return to ics and i will never buy sony

Reactions: parviz85

peymayesh

Dec 26, 2012
Tehran
I think the way we can use WiFi, for now, is the same way used in CM10 and CM10.1 .
We should find the way to port the settings from CM10 to JB .200 .
I don't think Sony release update until one or two months later!
Dear @DooMLoRD ,please give us a way!

h_boghrati

May 31, 2013
i can confirm this issue on some carrier
maybe related to kernel,can some one (of course with unlocked bootloader) try doom kernel download link: link (or FXP kernel) and report the result please?

thank you dear
i have locked bootloader but those have UL BL report same problem with :leaked version, doom kernel and any thing related to jealy bean!
It's a sony problem (Big problem). the problem fixed by marketunlocker for few hours.

jing000l

Mar 26, 2011
www.aq.co.ir
thank you dear
i have locked bootloader but those have UL BL report same problem with :leaked version, doom kernel and any thing related to jealy bean!
It's a sony problem (Big problem). the problem fixed by marketunlocker for few hours.

that is not software problem (as u said bug)
it seems kind of limitation(sure software) that Sony
intentionally brings for some mobile operators!
my advise :
sign a petition and send to Sony,ask them to remove the limitation in next update
or wait until developers find some tricks to solve that

Edit:
rate 5 star to this topic to encourage the developers ;)

Edit 2:
are u sure about kernel?
there are also stock kernel for unlocked BL,but i want some body test Doom kernel or FXP kernel

Last edited:
Reactions: h_boghrati

mehdicvl

Jan 18, 2013
Dear friends!
I'm happy to announce you that Sony is going to release new build (build 211), which will fix Wi-Fi and GPS problem!
It will be released in about 2-3 weeks later :thumbup:

salar.miri

Mar 18, 2013
shiraz
Dear friends!
I'm happy to announce you that Sony is going to release new build (build 211), which will fix Wi-Fi and GPS problem!
It will be released in about 2-3 weeks later :thumbup:

Thanks,Full informations:

Jopah(Sony agent): Sony Mobile will soon rollout new Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware to Xperia S (LT26i) owners. Firmware version 6.2.B.0.211 was certified earlier today by the PTCRB and will mainly bring bug fixes over the previous version 6.2.B.0.200. Sony has confirmed that the update will land during week 23-24.

http://www.ptcrb.com/vendor/complete/view_complete_request_guest.cfm?modelid=20799

Thanks to all that sent this in!
Sent from my XS on buggy 4.1.2

ghard

Jan 9, 2007
A very none practical solution is to start WiFi while in airplane mode, but it is very silly to do that (i use WiFi almost all day)
any help guys is highly appreciated :good:

mikexperia

Feb 18, 2012
Tehran
New firmware build 211 just released for Arabic SI's
Who has tested it? Is Wi-Fi problem fixed?

Sent from my Xperia S using Tapatalk 2

Yes, in 211 firmware version wifi has been fixed for Iranian Users, but other Bugs Such as FULL HD 1080 Recording, lack of Stamina Mode and other bugs still exist .

Reactions: mehdicvl

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,guys.I have WiFI and Data connection problems since JB update.DAta doesn't work at aLL and WIFI only works when My SIMcard is'nt in the phone.Do You Have same problem?I think it's because of region.I'm from Iran.please report me.thanks

1:also I need a way to fix it without root.Do you know one?
    and if it doesn't exist,Is there any other way of rooting instead of flashing DooMLorD's pre-rooted ROM?
    I've chatted with an agent!
    this is the rest of conversation:

Please could you confirm which model of phone you have and which network it is on?
    Mehdi: I have Xperia S smartphone
    Luke: Thank you, how can I help you today?
    Mehdi: it uses MCI network (Iranian main carrier)
    Luke: How can I help.
    Mehdi: the problem is, after upgrading to Jelly bean, I have no access to Wifi except by switching to airplane mode
    Mehdi: Not just me, All IRanian have the same problem
    Luke: OKay I see.
    Luke: I'd suggest that you try repairing the software in your handset. This can be done using the PC Companion program. You can download this here: http://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/Software Downloads/PC_Companion_2.02.015_Web.exe
    Mehdi: beside, mobile data is disabled!
    Mehdi: It's not a software problem
    Luke: It may possible be.
    Mehdi: because when I switch to Airlplane mode it works!
    Luke: So this may be a bug on the software.
    Mehdi: If it was just my problem, yes it could be a bug on software but all Iranian users have the same problem
    Luke: I see.
    Mehdi: I think it's a bug in firmware
    Luke: The Only thing I could suggest would be repairing the software or sending this off for repair.
    Mehdi: You mean all Iranian users must repair their cellphone?
    Mehdi: but by downgrading to ICS, wifi works!
    Mehdi: It's a bug in firmware isn't it?
    Luke: This is not something I have came across before.
    Mehdi: One more thing! when I change the country code (using MArket Enabler app) again WIFI works perfect for a while!
    Luke: OKay I se.
    Luke: I will pass these details on in regards to this.
    Mehdi: Could you please report this issue to the developers?
    Luke: I will pass on your data Mehdi.
    Mehdi: Thanks a lot
    Luke: I hope the information I have given answers your query. Is there anything else I can help you with?
    Mehdi: one more question
    Luke: Okay?
    Mehdi: will we have upgrade to 4.2 or 4.3?
    Luke: Currently we do not have any confirmation regarding which of our products will or won’t receive this particular version of Android.
    Luke: As this version has only recently been announced, we will be unable to confirm this information until the software has been made available to our developers and they have tested this on our Xperia range of handsets
    Luke: Once we receive any confirmation, we will make an announcement on our Product Blog page. You can access our Product Blog via the link below:
    Luke: http://blogs.sonymobile.com/products
    Luke: All information we currently have available regarding future Android versions can be found on the below official blog post:
    Luke: http://blogs.sonymobile.com/2012/10...rades-jelly-bean-for-2012-xperia-smartphones/
    Mehdi: thanks a lot
    Mehdi: I wish the developers fix this issue as soon as possible
    Mehdi: thanks a lot, have a good time
    Luke: I will raise this.
    Luke: OK Mehdi. Thank you for using the Sony Xperia Chat Support today. Have a nice day :)
    Your session has ended. You may now close this window.
    Dear guys! Please don't speak in a non English language and put this thread up by asking you're request in English!
    Recently I asked doomlord for it and he said wifi issue will be fixed in final release (recently means last week), but it's knot fixed yet :(
    Beside all bugs, we are suffering for lack of wifi in our smartphones
    Please help...
    Thanks a lot in advance!
    Type english only

Hi all of my friends who live in my motherland Country IRAN .
    Please Type your Request in English as you can in order to Understand anybody else wherever he/she is To fix our Problem that is very unfaithful !
    We are innocent for our Goverments Activity . It is everybody's Right to have Equipment to communicate by devices Entirely .
    Now we want Google to fix this Strange Problem WIFI Connectivity for Iraninan People by a new firmware or patch or whatever they Think it can be Fixed by !
    Thanks
    Hi all of my friends who live in my motherland Country IRAN .
    Please Type your Request in English as you can in order to Understand anybody else wherever he/she is To fix our Problem that is very unfaithful !
    We are innocent for our Goverments Activity . It is everybody's Right to have Equipment to communicate by devices Entirely .
    Now we want Google to fix this Strange Problem WIFI Connectivity for Iraninan People by a new firmware or patch or whatever they Think it can be Fixed by !
    Thanks

HI.OK we will Type english as we can.but someone have to be aware that we pay money as all customers all around the world pay!!!!(or even more)
    But why should we have problems???god knows!
    Yes He/She is very unfaithful
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone