WiFi problems with 02 XDA Exec

Search This thread

copydeskcat

Apr 12, 2006
Hi folks,

I'm having problems with my Wifi connection on my O2 XDA Exec.

I have a Netgear WG602 (v3) wireless access point connecting to a Telewest Cable modem (2MB).

The Telewest connection works fine (2 PCs and a laptop can connect to it wirelessly). The wireless network is unsecured at the moment. My router is set to allow connections from the Mac address on my Exec.

I can get my Exec to connect to the Netgear wireless network and the connection stays happily active - but I can't surf the net (using IE) or access email etc. It just says "the page cannot be found. Check the name and try again" or "the page cannot be displayed because the connection was lost. Check the connection and try again later".

Everything seems fine in my Wireless LAN connection settings on the Exec.

The status says "connected to network"
The SSID is NETGEAR
TX Rate is Auto
Mode is infrastructure
Channel 11
BSSID is 00-14-6C-55-2A-F9
MAC is 00-09-2D-98-23-14
I've set the IP in the network adapter (tiacxwin compatible wireless ethernet as 192.168.0.211 (my PC is 192.168.0.210 and the wireless access point is 192.168.0.227)

Anyone got any ideas what I'm doing wrong?

CDC

Rudegar

Retired Moderator
Jul 16, 2003
DK
not sure about exec but on my himalaya i go into system->connections->connections->advanced->select networks and pick the connection i want to use when i change between cellphone and bluetooth

Southern_Man

Oct 26, 2003
Wellington
copydeskcat said:
Hi folks,

I have a Netgear WG602 (v3) wireless access point connecting to a Telewest Cable modem (2MB).

The Telewest connection works fine (2 PCs and a laptop can connect to it wirelessly). The wireless network is unsecured at the moment. My router is set to allow connections from the Mac address on my Exec.

I can get my Exec to connect to the Netgear wireless network and the connection stays happily active - but I can't surf the net (using IE) or access email etc. It just says "the page cannot be found. Check the name and try again" or "the page cannot be displayed because the connection was lost. Check the connection and try again later".

The SSID is NETGEAR
TX Rate is Auto
Mode is infrastructure
Channel 11
MAC is 00-09-2D-98-23-14
I've set the IP in the network adapter (tiacxwin compatible wireless ethernet as 192.168.0.211 (my PC is 192.168.0.210 and the wireless access point is 192.168.0.227)

CDC

When you first connected to the AP, a dialog box should have come up on your exec asking whether you wish to connect to the internet or to Work. Choose Internet of course!

You can also go Start > Settings > Connections > Wireless LAN

Tap the wireless icon in the bottom left, select Network Adaptors

Default is almost always work.

Select tiacxwln Compatible Wireless Ethernet, and choose the dropdown box above it to read "The Internet"

You should be in business

copydeskcat

Apr 12, 2006
Thanks guys. I've done all this, and no joy.

I think I know what might be wrong. My Netgear Wireless Access Point isn't a router, so it's not allocating IP addresses out to the various connected devices. I think I might need a VPN router.

Percy Chibber

Jul 11, 2009
Thanks guys. I've done all this, and no joy.

I think I know what might be wrong. My Netgear Wireless Access Point isn't a router, so it's not allocating IP addresses out to the various connected devices. I think I might need a VPN router.
Hey CDC,

I have the exact same problem with my dopod 818 pro. What's more, I dont think you need a VPN router. My dopod was working great with my netgear at home or with any other wifi network that I had access to. Now it will connect to the network via wifi but will not allow me to browse the net. I feel the problem is with the SDIO WLAN wireless adapter. If you have solved your problem after this post, do let me know how you did it

PC

space600

Aug 24, 2009
Hi I'm having a very similar problem with my HTC touch 3G. It connects fine to my Netgear wireless router but won't let me on the Internet. My old XDA Orbit II connects fine but the newer Touch keeps reverting to the 3G connection.

Did you resolve this problem?

nikiu

Nov 1, 2007
I have also the same NetGear WG602 Router and I have the same problem with my Tattoo (Android 1.6). Tried re-flashing the router with dd-wrt firmware to no avail. I can ping the router and I can open its settings through my mobile but I can't connect to the internet :(

mut8

Mar 7, 2011
liverpool
hi guys,i have xda exec myself & a netger router ,it seems i have the same problem .i hope iam not wasting anyones time with asking for any further advice as i jave searched other threads so not to waste time of other members& forum staff.With regards mut8

angel18

Mar 8, 2011
hi everyone I'm having problems with my Wifi connection on my O2 XDA Exec.
I use wifi signal lack of good experience and frequently experience connection problems when I use the modem 2mg what about problems that I experienced. :confused:

dot.png

taker2

Mar 20, 2011
NEW YORK
Hi folks,

The SSID is NETGEAR
TX Rate is Auto
Mode is infrastructure
Channel 11
MAC is 00-09-2D-98-23-14

CDC

yeah. i have the same moderm