Wifi problems

Search This thread
G

GuestK00279

has anybody else had WiFi problems with their 7pro? I had WiFi problems with my 6t as well it'll say connected no internet and the Wi-Fi is very slow opposed to data when there is no other problem with other devices using the same Wi-Fi connection. sometimes the Wi-Fi won't work at all even if my phone says it's connected apps will not load. I am on a t-mobile variant flashed to international since the day I bought it a week ago any insight to this would be great because I see that people have this issue a lotk

Pfeffernuss

Jun 30, 2009
Wassenaar
Yeah WiFi "speeds" on the 7Pro are abysmal. I have around 1/3rd to 1/4th the speed compared to my previous 5T. Something completely unexpected, thought the phone would be as least as fast if not faster.

Same thing on 9.5.5/9.5.7 and with various kernels :rolleyes:

H4X0R46

Oct 1, 2013
Yeah I'll vouch for that too. My WiFi speeds and connection strength for that matter are terrible! I came from a 6T that honestly had no problem with WiFi whatsoever, so this is annoying. Well, I hope the next update addresses WiFi, because the 7 Pro is a nice phone! It's a shame!

SB13X

Jun 14, 2010
England, UK
Add me as another for this list. My speeds are absolute crap, seemingly capped at 15mbps across all networks I've tried. My sons Pixel 3 on the other hand flies on the same. So not a router or ISP issue. So disappointed as everything about the 7 Pro is awesome but can't live with such poor WiFi, have a feeling it affects the HotSpot capability and speed too whatever the issue is.

Sep 27, 2018
Kraków
Hi all!

I had that too - a simple wipe cache of all the phone's resources fixes the problem (turn off the phone then hold volume down and power button till the recovery mode kicks in and then just go to wipe cache and reboot, e voila!). I had some 10 MBps (lol!), now it is almost 80 Mbps, which is what I should get given my old WiFi system. Never settle!

jaseman

Aug 27, 2012
Spring
Along with wiping the cache as the previous poster said...another thing that sometimes works is to reboot your router while at the same time doing a network reset on the phone. This way all the connections are fresh and new. I know this has been a solution for many different phones over the years. YMMV

eek20

Sep 9, 2010
T-mobile variant flashed to International

Same problem here. I have the T-Mobile variant and flashed international prior to 40 day unlock. It shows I have WiFi and or data but nothing loads. I rest my phone and all is good. It happens 2-3 times a day. I've tried wiping cache and it still happens. I vaguely remember having network issues before I flashed the international software but, I'm not sure if it's the T-mobile variant phone or if its international software. Any ideas?

clevenger23

Mar 8, 2014
has anybody else had WiFi problems with their 7pro? I had WiFi problems with my 6t as well it'll say connected no internet and the Wi-Fi is very slow opposed to data when there is no other problem with other devices using the same Wi-Fi connection. sometimes the Wi-Fi won't work at all even if my phone says it's connected apps will not load. I am on a t-mobile variant flashed to international since the day I bought it a week ago any insight to this would be great because I see that people have this issue a lotk

Today my 5Ghz has just stopped working period. can't connect to a 5Ghz or use the mobile hot spot at 5Ghz which i did use every single day for work, now i have to use the 2.4Ghz but it is WAY slower. anyone figure out why?

clevenger23

Mar 8, 2014
seeing as i have now tried multiple locations and wifi's yes. and my work phone can connect just fine to all the ones including my home, just the oneplus can not.
it stopped while in use like it just died.

kopeko

Dec 22, 2010
Bangkok
Does anyone know how to solve this issue yet? Can't seem to find any fix

6bXx

I wonder why I got this slow, I used to have 100+ on my old iPhone X (same 5g wifi)

JaylanPHNX

Nov 16, 2010
My wife and I both have this problem as well. Fortunately we have truly unlimited data, or tie would be unacceptable. Sometimes it's super fast, sometimes it's so slow apps decide you're offline. I've never seen any sort of fix; it's probably an OS/kernel level issue.

gahan9

Apr 14, 2015
Same issue!!!

I have also created thread on onePlus official forum!

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/2-4-ghz-band-wi-fi-not-working.1208128/#post-21456923

larsdennert

Dec 5, 2007
Router settings are going to play into this. Many variables beyond "my phone doesn't work" I can get over 200mbps on a fast router and connection properly configured for N or AC. Even on 2.4ghz, 60-100mbps works.

hacktek

Mar 28, 2009
I just got this phone coming from a Poco F1 that decided to stop charging unless turned off and I've gotta say that this is very disappointing. First problem was that the phone wouldn't go above 10 Mbps. Changed my AC router config from 80 Mhz to 40 Mhz and that helped increase it to > 100 Mbps but if I go into Wifi settings the max the phone ever sees as receive/transmit speeds is 192 Mbps. It doesn't matter if it's 5 Ghz or 2.4 Ghz. Tried changing settings in the router and even tried a different router, same thing. Reset network settings, same thing. Reset the entire phone, same thing. This is the t-mobile unlocked variant of the phone.

Is there anything that can be done? Would a custom rom or converting it to the international version help?

EDIT: lol this is clearly either a hardware issue or some OS limit. I enabled hotspot and connected my Poco to it and the Poco also sees 192 Mbps max. This sucks...

Last edited:

dswwong

Feb 11, 2013
shah alam
I have the same problem with my op7P.
after downloading and installed an update, my WiFi could not be detected anymore....
it just could not find any WiFi
Needless to say, hotspot also failed.

hacktek

Mar 28, 2009
I was able to fix my above problem (stuck at 192 Mbps max) by switching to the Pixel Experience ROM. Unfortunately, battery drain was excessive (and fingerprint stopped working out of the blue) so rolled back with MSM tool and upgraded to 10.3.3 using local upgrade. Back to stuck at 192 Mbps so this is definitely a rom problem.

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone