WiFi strength, range, and throughput

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
Rate this thread to express how you think the OnePlus 5T's Wifi performs. A higher rating indicates that it has excellent range, throughput, and signal strength. Like when you're taking a dump in the bedroom upstairs, do your videos have to buffer or do they come through without interruption?

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

snakykun

Dec 8, 2017
My phone is having issues with calls only on the WiFi, cutting voice, tried so much to get support but nothing so far, and with the 15 days I can't just waste time.
Returning it, WiFi issues is not tolerable.

showofdeth

Sep 1, 2011
https://imgur.com/7qwuDGT

wi-fi speeds for me are much improved over my oneplus 3. I was seriously thinking my ISP was overstating their DL speeds when they sold to me. My package is 350/20... Couldn't be happier. Not only are speeds maxing out at a good level but they steady too with no dips.

Doesn't matter where I am. Bedroom, living room, toilet... the wi-fi on this thing is awesome. On my oneplus 3 the link speed shown was 433 and I was getting an average of 280Mb/s. Now the link speed is 840-something at upto 397Mb/s.

Last edited:

ClinicalTrack

Jan 18, 2018
I've noticed the wifi connectivity is reduced. For example, sitting in the same room as my router, I have full wifi. If I put my arm or leg between the phone and the router, I lose about a third of connectivity. Strange.

bythelaw

Aug 1, 2015
100 Mbps WiFi, gets me 20mbps speeds on this phone. 88mbps on the poco f1, 68 on the Samsung note 8. I installed WiFi bonding magisk. Now it's at 58mbps.