WiFi strength, range, and throughput

Search This thread

XDA_RealLifeReview

RealLifeReview Dude
Nov 2, 2015
Rate this thread to express how you think the Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite's Wifi performs. A higher rating indicates that it has excellent range, throughput, and signal strength. Like when you're taking a dump in the bedroom upstairs, do your videos have to buffer or do they come through without interruption?

Then, drop a comment if you have anything to add!

HoangP05

Jul 4, 2016
I do experience rare wifi drop, where the phone cannot see any wifi for about 15 seconds before get back to normal.

rionline

Oct 15, 2005
I am not that impressed with wifi neither. Signal is dropping from 2 Bars to Zero and back again. I have not yet had a situation in which i had 1/4 signal strength.

ema93a

Sep 12, 2017
I am having fast connection for normal use although the connection is terrible when I connect my Plantronics Backseat 500 headphones through Bluetooth. My wifi only supports wifi N.
Other than that range seems good to me.

shydul

Nov 5, 2018
My Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite wifi signal strength is too poor and couldn't download from play store smoothly how can I over come this problem.

HMMDR27D53-3002

Dec 28, 2017
WiFi strength is sometimes spotty if you're on at least my estimation of 12-15 meters away (disconnects and reconnects itself), especially if battery saver is on, the same experience with my previous phone. Otherwise, it's fine.

moraess

Feb 26, 2019
I work in an internet source and here a link of approximately 30Gb and in all the tests I did in mi a2 lite with all kind of router, it did not exceed 100Mbps both download and upload ... I read in a site that the maximum was 300Mbps but I believe it is false information.
I have a partner that has a redmi note 6 pro and it reaches the maximum 300Mbps

savvyyy

Jan 2, 2020
On 2.4ghz I get at most 72mbps but don't expect more out of a 2.4ghz connection.
On 5ghz its a bit disappointing really as I can only do 100mbps.
I know it doesn't feature AC wireless but still disappointing, thought I'd see around 150mbps.

Tried a couple of ROMs and they all perform roughly the same. Crdroid A12 and havocOS A11.

What is your WiFi throughput on 2.4ghz and 5ghz ? What ROM and android version are you using ?