Wifi Tether

Search This thread

yourbuddypal

Sep 28, 2011
I successfully rooted my device (thanks kennethpenn!) this morning. I installed "Wireless Tether for Root Users" but it doesnt seem to work. Has anyone gotten it to work or have a recommendation for a different kind of wifi tethering solution? EasyTether works with a usb cable, but I'd like wifi (or possibly bluetooth).

MachRc

Sep 8, 2010
After downloading Wi-Fi tether beta 14 apk

set device as ICS generic and enable routing fix

works perfect on my rooted, att htc one x.

FL5

Nov 28, 2009
Dallas, TX
In the WiFi Tether app faq on their Google code page, one of the known issues is that the app doesn't always work with Intel wireless adapters.

Naturally, my laptop has an Intel wireless adapter. That doesn't explain why my other devices don't work, though.

The app starts, and my laptop (win 7), my SGS2 (cm9), and my iPod (v5.1.1) all see the ssid, but none can successfully connect to it. I've tried all the permutations of the settings which I can think might help, and have gotten nowhere with it.

Basically, I'm just stumped.

Bleh.

spec2323

Feb 14, 2012
I successfully rooted my device (thanks kennethpenn!) this morning. I installed "Wireless Tether for Root Users" but it doesnt seem to work. Has anyone gotten it to work or have a recommendation for a different kind of wifi tethering solution? EasyTether works with a usb cable, but I'd like wifi (or possibly bluetooth).

Use this app WiFi Tether for Root Users

In the settings change the following -

Profile - > Generic ICS
Setup Method - Netd (master)

and enjoy tethering =)

nuprotocol

Jan 27, 2007
I know at&t is pretty strict on tethering. Is this detectable by them? Or have any of you been contacted by at&t about tethering without a tether plan? I want to root and tether too, but scared. lol

yourbuddypal

Sep 28, 2011
I know at&t is pretty strict on tethering. Is this detectable by them? Or have any of you been contacted by at&t about tethering without a tether plan? I want to root and tether too, but scared. lol

I think its a matter more of usage more than anything else. I dont know too much about it, but I think that there are different ways to enable the tethering and some hide it better than others. So long as you are not like... using absurd amounts of data on an unlimited plan or the like, I think it can be hard for them to really detect it.

Reactions: nuprotocol

nuprotocol

Jan 27, 2007
I think its a matter more of usage more than anything else. I dont know too much about it, but I think that there are different ways to enable the tethering and some hide it better than others. So long as you are not like... using absurd amounts of data on an unlimited plan or the like, I think it can be hard for them to really detect it.

Thanks! Yes It would be light usage, only when I have my Tab or Laptop and no wifi, which is rare, but I like the option to tether. Thanks!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Use this app WiFi Tether for Root Users

In the settings change the following -

Profile - > Generic ICS
    Setup Method - Netd (master)

and enjoy tethering =)