• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Wifi turn off itself...

Search This thread

itsmorefun

May 23, 2007
Hi,

After a while, as soon as I am out of wifi coverage, the wifi turn off itself without me doing anything.

Once back under wifi coverage if I must think to reactivate wifi else I needlessly consume my mobile DATA ...

What to do?

Thank

kuzibri

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 25, 2008
Hi, I would suggest to remove your WiFi connection from your phone, restart it twice and reinstall it, including network name and password. Maybe that will solve your problem. Regards, kuzibri

fobtob387

Jan 28, 2017
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Redmi Note 10 Pro
Do you have this option enabled?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211018-140947488.jpg
    Screenshot_20211018-140947488.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 22

cash2phone

Dec 6, 2021
This problem might casusing due to some application which is conflecting with wifi settings. advice to re install the applications and then test. Factory reset can be done after this step. Thanks

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
I don't have these options, I'm running MiUI 12.5.6 if that makes any difference
May you will try this

lowndes783

Jun 28, 2011
Thanks for the replies. But these solutions seem to be for a different issue, they have the WiFi randomly disconnecting. The issue I have, is the WiFi turning off, as in the WiFi toggle is turned off, it connects fine and is stable when in range. But when I leave range the toggle changes to off. I'd a assume it's either a bug, or a battery saving feature, but regardless I don't want to have to toggle the WiFi back on everytime I come into range of my WiFi.

Reactions: itsmorefun

Laptapper

Jan 17, 2016
Thanks for the replies. But these solutions seem to be for a different issue, they have the WiFi randomly disconnecting. The issue I have, is the WiFi turning off, as in the WiFi toggle is turned off, it connects fine and is stable when in range. But when I leave range the toggle changes to off. I'd a assume it's either a bug, or a battery saving feature, but regardless I don't want to have to toggle the WiFi back on everytime I come into range of my WiFi.
I would try it because sometimes different issues have the same solution.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I don't have these options, I'm running MiUI 12.5.6 if that makes any difference