WIFIXER - Fix wifi issue on MIUI or Custom Rom

Search This thread

x-flyer

Nov 16, 2013
Same, even after applying the fix my wifi sometimes disconnects and after that it won't reconnect or find any network. Only turning the wifi off and back on fixes it.

x-flyer

Nov 16, 2013
I might have figured out what was causing the problem. I tried looking at the logcat for errors when the disconnection would occur and it looks like it was failing to assign a new MAC address to the interface. So if you are still having problems you might try going into the wifi network settings and under Advanced->Privacy setting "Use device MAC". This would need to be done for every network you want to connect to.

Zapthos

Apr 3, 2018
Is this for any xiaomi or just the redmi note 8 pro? My mi 9 lite has the same issues...

procobain

Jan 26, 2015
Redmi Note 8 Pro
I have a problem with my global begonia, After some installations of roms in an attempt to choose one, the wifi started to get the randomized MAC, I have to use a MAC changer with root to fix the mac every reboot.

Do you have any idea how to solve it?

x-flyer

Nov 16, 2013
I have a problem with my global begonia, After some installations of roms in an attempt to choose one, the wifi started to get the randomized MAC, I have to use a MAC changer with root to fix the mac every reboot.

Do you have any idea how to solve it?
It's an android feature. In your wifi settings tap on the cog next to your wifi. Then under Advanced->Privacy select "Use device MAC"

procobain

Jan 26, 2015
Redmi Note 8 Pro
It's an android feature. In your wifi settings tap on the cog next to your wifi. Then under Advanced->Privacy select "Use device MAC"

So, I believe that this problem happened when I flashed an old version of A9 with Miflash, and I closed the miflash in the middle of the procedure.

My problem is that even using A9stock, A10stock, CFW10 or 11, the MAC is not the original, and it keeps changing whenever you restart the device.

I know how to change this option that you have, but really my problem is another ...

procobain

Jan 26, 2015
Redmi Note 8 Pro
I believe my problem is the lack of the MAC file, my begonia is without a standard MAC, every reboot is changed the MAC (OBS is not a problem with the randomized mac configuration)

I believe that this problem happened because I stopped a flash halfway with the miflash.

In Android 9 the only problem is that the MAC does not fix. On A10 or A11, an error "NVRAM WARNİNG ERR = 0x10" appears on the wifi, I can use the wifi normally, but the MAC is random, and I need the fixed

Levi Stark

Dec 1, 2012
Teresina
I have the same problem. A flashed the magisk module and nothing change. I believe it is a hardware bug that Xiaomi does not admit to recognizing.
I have the RN8 global (ginkgo) with MIUI 12

Last edited:

aloy19

Sep 28, 2013
Xiaomi 11T Pro
This is a solution created by @Maxait, I only made the flashable zip. Give respect and thanks to him.

On the attached thumbnail you have his original tutorial in case you want to fix it manually.

Wifixer fixes wifi disconecting problem on MIUI or custom rom. Maybe you have had noticed that sometimes your RN8P is disconected from your wifi and you have to switch off and turning on again wifi for fixing this (I wasted 2Gb of data by this bug:().

This flashable zip fixes it :D. Download and flash through custom recovery.

Have fun:highfive:

Thanks again @Maxait
thanks

TimpaXxX

Aug 18, 2019
Thanks bro, but it doesn't work on my device (LG G3 beat, D724 or jag3gds).
Yes I know, I am trying to revive a dinosaur.
I installed lineageOS 15.1 unofficial. It runs smooth and has few bugs.
It is a characteristic failure of this model when installing custom ROMS, the MAC address changes to 00: 00: 00: 00: 00: 00 and does not connect the Wi-Fi.
Using TWRP I tried to flash and I get a message "executin updater binary in zip error".
If you have any suggestions I would really appreciate it.
Greetings!

zakaria69311

Sep 19, 2021
This is a solution created by @Maxait, I only made the flashable zip. Give respect and thanks to him.

On the attached thumbnail you have his original tutorial in case you want to fix it manually.

Wifixer fixes wifi disconecting problem on MIUI or custom rom. Maybe you have had noticed that sometimes your RN8P is disconected from your wifi and you have to switch off and turning on again wifi for fixing this (I wasted 2Gb of data by this bug:().

Thanks again @Maxait
Where is the link ??!!!!! Im looking for it for 1 hour didnt find it !!!

J.germann

Oct 20, 2021
Where is the flashble zip (not magisk module)?
I'm using a Samsung J7 Prime with the custom rom LIMPO v15.
Does it work?
I was having this issue with wifi even in the Stock Rom, before the bootload unlocking and any customization, but now in this rom looks like it got worse.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks again @Maxait
    This is the TWRP Flashable File For Everyone Asking.

Credits to Tim Josten for discovering Sta2gBw
    and Crescendo Xenomorph for discovering Sta5gBw
    I just Converted their work into a TWRP Flashable

Tested on the Redmi Note 8 Pro, helpful for 5ghz Wifi Users
    I made the magisk module for this.
    Credits to original poster.

@Fedroid you can put this on the main page.
    Of course
    The link was gone already?