Will an unlocked G-900T be re-locked after installing other ROM

Search This thread
Hi everyone, I've just got a G-900T running 5.1.1 yesterday. This phone is unlocked, but I am not sure what method did the former user use to unlock. I want to install another ROM (maybe 6.0.1 firmware or other custom ROM), but I am afraid that it will be carrier-locked again, can anyone confirm this for me? Thanks for the help.

SofaSpud

Dec 6, 2011
There are two types of locking - 1) carrier, and 2) Boot loader. To flash a custom ROM, the boot loader has to be unlocked. That would have been the case if it had a custom ROM installed when you bought it. But if it has a stock ROM, you will have to check the security lock level (About Device) to confirm that the security level is low enough to allow unlocking the boot loader. Otherwise, you may brick your phone.
Hi everyone, I've just got a G-900T running 5.1.1 yesterday. This phone is unlocked, but I am not sure what method did the former user use to unlock. I want to install another ROM (maybe 6.0.1 firmware or other custom ROM), but I am afraid that it will be carrier-locked again, can anyone confirm this for me? Thanks for the help.