• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Will buying an S10 from UAE effect me?

Search This thread

fado5ster

Feb 27, 2013
Hey guys,
So my sister lives in Abu Dhabi UAE and she can get me an S10 for about $200-$300 cheaper than I can get here in Australia.
My question is if I get her to buy one for me and ship it here will it have any downfalls?
I don't use Samsung Pay but I do use Google Pay.
While I'm not too bothered about having to flash something my girlfriend (who also wants a phone) won't go for any of it.. She wants a stock phone with no messing and me explaining how easy it is won't change that, I've tried for years with other phones (rooting/roms etc.)
Should I save my money or should I just get the local model here?

For anyone wanting a look
https://www.noon.com/uae-en/galaxy-...-128gb-4g-lte/N27126285A/p?o=fccec09a43fabe4b

pchetan2

Oct 15, 2012
Chennai
Hey guys,
So my sister lives in Abu Dhabi UAE and she can get me an S10 for about $200-$300 cheaper than I can get here in Australia.
My question is if I get her to buy one for me and ship it here will it have any downfalls?
I don't use Samsung Pay but I do use Google Pay.
While I'm not too bothered about having to flash something my girlfriend (who also wants a phone) won't go for any of it.. She wants a stock phone with no messing and me explaining how easy it is won't change that, I've tried for years with other phones (rooting/roms etc.)
Should I save my money or should I just get the local model here?

For anyone wanting a look
https://www.noon.com/uae-en/galaxy-...-128gb-4g-lte/N27126285A/p?o=fccec09a43fabe4b

Electronics in the UAE are relatively cheaper. However, buying it may affect your wallet when you will have to get a repair as Samsung doesn't offer international warranties for mobile phones.

Assuming, your sister brings you a device with no defects, it all comes down to the usage of your girlfriend, how mobile abusive she is :p. (Like showing all the anger on mobile phone etc..) ..

Anyway, I wish I had a partner (girlfriend) who gifts expensive gadgets :(. Wait !!!!!! I dont have one , let alone one that gift expensive gadgets :(

fado5ster

Feb 27, 2013
Electronics in the UAE are relatively cheaper. However, buying it may affect your wallet when you will have to get a repair as Samsung doesn't offer international warranties for mobile phones.

Assuming, your sister brings you a device with no defects, it all comes down to the usage of your girlfriend, how mobile abusive she is :p. (Like showing all the anger on mobile phone etc..) ..

Anyway, I wish I had a partner (girlfriend) who gifts expensive gadgets :(. Wait !!!!!! I dont have one , let alone one that gift expensive gadgets :(

Let's not get crazy here! Nobody is gifting anything! We are both buying phones and paying for our own! Haha.. If I had the money to gift a $1000 phone then I would like to imagine I wouldn't need to worry about saving $300! ?

We are pretty good with our phones (both have 3+ year old S7's) the warranty issue is a little worrying but something I may have to take on the chin..

pchetan2

Oct 15, 2012
Chennai
Let's not get crazy here! Nobody is gifting anything! We are both buying phones and paying for our own! Haha.. If I had the money to gift a $1000 phone then I would like to imagine I wouldn't need to worry about saving $300!

We are pretty good with our phones (both have 3+ year old S7's) the warranty issue is a little worrying but something I may have to take on the chin..

I was just joking about gifting part :p. If you are safe with mobiles, then its worth getting it for less. But before this, I saw someone's post reddit about buy S10+ and get S10 for free deal in New Zeleand. You can check that deal

hey07

Jun 11, 2011
Let's not get crazy here! Nobody is gifting anything! We are both buying phones and paying for our own! Haha.. If I had the money to gift a $1000 phone then I would like to imagine I wouldn't need to worry about saving $300! ?

Exynos version should be exchangeable, just flash Australian firmware with Odin, you will get the same as the one in Australia.