• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Will CF-Auto-Root wipe the device?

Search This thread

Hobox10

May 14, 2012
Texas
Hey, I was wondering if Chainfire's autoroot would cause a factory reset or any type of wipe on the phone? I know that for some phones, when the root is an exploit it doesn't wipe anything. I'm not sure if Chainfire's method is an exploit or not though.

Secondly, he says to be on the stock recovery. Once the rooting process is completed, I can install whichever recover I wish right? I assume TWRP is the best one to do? Or are there any known issues with certain recoveries for this device?

Thanks!

kuroy301

Oct 12, 2011
Sacramento
Hey, I was wondering if Chainfire's autoroot would cause a factory reset or any type of wipe on the phone? I know that for some phones, when the root is an exploit it doesn't wipe anything. I'm not sure if Chainfire's method is an exploit or not though.

Secondly, he says to be on the stock recovery. Once the rooting process is completed, I can install whichever recover I wish right? I assume TWRP is the best one to do? Or are there any known issues with certain recoveries for this device?

Thanks!

It won't...but make sure to make a back up of anything on your phone to your pc like picture, music and so on.
Do a factory reset before rooting to eliminate some problem. That what I did and so far everything is good.
The KNOX meter will turn from 0x0 to 0x1 because of rooting.
And finally use TWRP latest version like everyone does...

Hobox10

May 14, 2012
Texas
The KNOX meter will turn from 0x0 to 0x1 because of rooting.
Oh yes, that was another question that I forgot to ask. Would Samsung deny insurance claims on a broken phone, or deny warranty coverage from root? I know "technically" they can but do you think they would if it's a hardware issue?

Is there a way to reverse this and unroot the phone if needed?

kuroy301

Oct 12, 2011
Sacramento
Oh yes, that was another question that I forgot to ask. Would Samsung deny insurance claims on a broken phone, or deny warranty coverage from root? I know "technically" they can but do you think they would if it's a hardware issue?

Is there a way to reverse this and unroot the phone if needed?[/QUOTE)

You can go back to stock via ODIN but the KNOX will be the same at 0x1 I believed. I'm not sure if there is a way to revert back to zero maybe in the near future once the smart devs here can figure it out.

Samsung will void the warranty...but TMobile maybe NOT because some people here already exchange their phone like 2 or 3 times already due to some issue with rooting and so on...

Hobox10

May 14, 2012
Texas
You can go back to stock via ODIN but the KNOX will be the same at 0x1 I believed. I'm not sure if there is a way to revert back to zero maybe in the near future once the smart devs here can figure it out.

Samsung will void the warranty...but TMobile maybe NOT because some people here already exchange their phone like 2 or 3 times already due to some issue with rooting and so on...

Alright, thanks a ton. I'll post up if I have any more questions.

Misterjunky

Jan 18, 2011
Bakersfield, California
Android Wear
re: rooting

Thanks!

Chainfire's CF-Autoroot will not touch or delete any of your files.
Including pictures, videos. contacts, data, mms, apps or anything else.

There is absolutely no need to backup anything before rooting with
CF-Autoroot or with any other rooting method.

TWRP recovery is excellent, in fact that's what I use it all the time.

Also none of the rooting methods including CF-Autoroot" will do a "factory reset".
The only thing any of the rooting methods do is ROOT the phone and nothing else.

Good luck....

Last edited:
Reactions: DevMorocco56

SBERG117

Mar 28, 2010

Is there a way to reverse this and unroot the phone if needed?[/QUOTE)

I'm pretty sure you can use the Triangle away method I used on my S4 to reset the counter to zero.....

Madhifen

May 5, 2018

Also none of the rooting methods including CF-Autoroot" will do a "factory reset".
The only thing any of the rooting methods do is ROOT the phone and nothing else.

Good luck....

are you sure bro that it will not wipe any data....coz my root failed bcoz of FRP lock (Factory Reset Protection) if i turn that off nd then try root with cf auto root will it factory reset my device?????????????????

audit13

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 4, 2012
Toronto
are you sure bro that it will not wipe any data....coz my root failed bcoz of FRP lock (Factory Reset Protection) if i turn that off nd then try root with cf auto root will it factory reset my device?????????????????

The T-Mobile Note 3 does not have FRP; however, it may have reactivation lock enabled.

Last edited:
Reactions: DevMorocco56

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    re: rooting

Thanks!

Good luck....

The T-Mobile Note 3 does not have FRP; however, it may have reactivation lock enabled.