Will Googled Play Store Ever Be Cracked?

Search This thread

Heat84

Jun 28, 2020
I'm using LineageOS on my phone.

Why hasn't anyone come up a way to use Google Play store apps without Google Play Store being installed? Something like that would be a 2 bit Crack in Windows. Why is it harder in Android? Shouldn't it be easier since Android is (sort of) a distro of an open source OS? What makes it so rediculous is that GPS is only needed for in-app ads and has nothing to do with the app itself. Most of the time, the app DOES work anyway for me, but a few apps that I really want to use, don't. Do the apps just look for a flag somewhere that indicates that GPS is installed, or do they actually communicate with the GPS?

I'd love to the crack myself, but very sadly, I'm not a programmer. I wanted to be but I couldn't even handle Visual Basic, forget about a serious programming language like C whatever or Python. Maybe I should try one of those coding for idiots classes that are all over the place. Apparently they teach programming a different way than how it's usually taught? I guess I'm not capable of learning programming the normal way.

Reactions: Ramaga

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Samsung Galaxy Note 10+
I rarely use Playstore. You can use another phone to install the app on then make an installable copy with Apk Export. I backup all my apps like that. Makes reloads and repairs much easier and quicker.

[deXter]

Aug 23, 2008
Why hasn't anyone come up a way to use Google Play store apps without Google Play Store being installed?
You *can* use Play Store apps without GPS, it just depends on the app itself - if the app doesn't use any proprietary Google Play Services APIs, then it'll work fine.

Shouldn't it be easier since Android is (sort of) a distro of an open source OS?
Not really, since Google Play Services is closed source and proprietary, and the apps which use these services are also generally closed-source.

What makes it so rediculous is that GPS is only needed for in-app ads and has nothing to do with the app itself.
GPS are used for several features, such as (and not limited to):

- Push Notifications (Firebase Cloud Messaging)
- Location services (fused location provider)
- Account authentication (Google Sign-in / Firebase Authentication)
- In-App Purchases and Payments
- Maps (if using Google Maps APIs)
- Gaming (syncing save data to cloud, achievement tracking etc)
- Analytics (Firebase Analytics)
- Device certification / root detection (SafteyNet)
- ... and much more

Do the apps just look for a flag somewhere that indicates that GPS is installed, or do they actually communicate with the GPS?
As mentioned above, GPS provides several features and functionality missing from stock Android (AOSP). It's not just a dummy flag.

To get back to your original question, there are a few solutions:

1) Use microG - it's an open-source reimplementation of various GPS APIs. It's a work-in progress, so only a few features work, and some features will never work (such as IAPs). But depending on the apps and features you use, it might just be able to meet your requirements.

2) Switch to GrapheneOS, which supports running Google Play Services in a Sandbox, with limited privileges and potentially lesser battery drain.

3) Stick to open-source apps, as these tend to avoid using proprietary Google APIs. These can be typically found on the F-Droid store.

4) In addition to #3, consider switching to an easy-to-use de-Googled ROM with a working set of essential apps/functionality (such as location services and push notifications), that work fine without GPS. Examples of these ROMs include CalyxOS and /e/ OS.

SigmundDroid

Sep 25, 2015
Fairphone
Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Google Play store apps without Google Play Store
But there is: Aurora

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.aurora.store/

All the stuff that the Google Play Store has but without the need to login.I have met only few apps that don't work - some ****ty apps like ebay enforce Google Service Framework GSF.

Aurora_Store.png

PS: Alternatively there was/is also Evozi Downloader
https://apps.evozi.com/apk-downloader/

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm using LineageOS on my phone.

Why hasn't anyone come up a way to use Google Play store apps without Google Play Store being installed? Something like that would be a 2 bit Crack in Windows. Why is it harder in Android? Shouldn't it be easier since Android is (sort of) a distro of an open source OS? What makes it so rediculous is that GPS is only needed for in-app ads and has nothing to do with the app itself. Most of the time, the app DOES work anyway for me, but a few apps that I really want to use, don't. Do the apps just look for a flag somewhere that indicates that GPS is installed, or do they actually communicate with the GPS?

I'd love to the crack myself, but very sadly, I'm not a programmer. I wanted to be but I couldn't even handle Visual Basic, forget about a serious programming language like C whatever or Python. Maybe I should try one of those coding for idiots classes that are all over the place. Apparently they teach programming a different way than how it's usually taught? I guess I'm not capable of learning programming the normal way.