• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Question Will it be possible to flash the CN to the global?

Search This thread

Perduck

May 31, 2021
Hi!
I bought the Chinese version. The phone is fantastic, everything suits me except, of course, the Chinese firmware. Almost everything Cn was hidden, but the lack of e-sim saddens.
The question is, is it theoretically possible that the phone can be flashed to a global in future?
Oppo support replied that Android 12 would not fix the situation ...

Mackay53

Apr 1, 2011
Edinburgh
Hi!
I bought the Chinese version. The phone is fantastic, everything suits me except, of course, the Chinese firmware. Almost everything Cn was hidden, but the lack of e-sim saddens.
The question is, is it theoretically possible that the phone can be flashed to a global in future?
If oppo said no then it's unlikely. If you could unlock the bootloader then it would probably be possible

Perduck

May 31, 2021
If oppo said no then it's unlikely. If you could unlock the bootloader then it would probably be possible
Unlocking a bootloader is not such a problem. Instructions are here in the next branch. The main thing is that there would be an opportunity to do this.
Well, I will wait for the first people who will change the firmware for themselves

poipoi300

Jun 1, 2021
I'm in the same situation and it's kind of annoying that despite my language being set to English, there are still a lot of things in Chinese. Plus all these Chinese bloat apps preinstalled are a nuisance.
I still don't regret my choice getting the Chinese version as I saved a few hundred dollars compared to the global version though. I also don't think the hardware is any different so I think it's just a matter of managing to flash the firmware with the global rom. I'm eyeing these forums until someone posts a way to do it lol.

jeepguynola

May 31, 2019
Long Beach
OPPO Find X3 Pro
I've had the Chinese version of the Reno 10X Pro for 2 years, my first Chinese phone. At first I wanted to send it back because of the lack of being able to change launcher, locked to Oppo messaging, notification problems, etc. But the more I fiddled with it the more I fell in love with it. You can fine tune it to suit almost everything you want and if you can manage to explore some of the Chinese market apps and Breeno, you can get cool extras like video notifications for calls. It has outlasted my Samsung Flip 2, Surface Duo and Note 10 as far as holding my attention and keeping my sim in it the longest. Just ordered the Find X3 Pro Mars Edition and can't wait for about 2 weeks of fiddling to get it humming.

Perduck

May 31, 2021
Finally find solution!
Receive this from Oppo:
Screenshot_35.png

brunolongo

Jun 26, 2021
Hi!
In my country there is no service center 😢😢😢😢

Perduck

May 31, 2021
This is a regular response (like automatic one). I doubt that it is possible since hardware is different
Where did you get that hardware is different?

If it were different, the "Deeptest" would not exist. Which sends you an unlock.

And this is not the first message from our correspondence. So it's about my situation and device.
In Ukraine, the phone off is not represented.
Therefore, the service centers do not have software and tools to do this.
If it had been presented, I would have been global version.

maxellxl

May 1, 2017
Where did you get that hardware is different?

If it were different, the "Deeptest" would not exist. Which sends you an unlock.

And this is not the first message from our correspondence. So it's about my situation and device.
In Ukraine, the phone off is not represented.
Therefore, the service centers do not have software and tools to do this.
If it had been presented, I would have been global version.
Chinese version and global have different modem - so it is impossible to flash CN with global rom. You can specifically ask oppo on facebook - im pretty sure another support guy will tell you different story than the previous one.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi!
    I'm in the same situation and it's kind of annoying that despite my language being set to English, there are still a lot of things in Chinese. Plus all these Chinese bloat apps preinstalled are a nuisance.
    I still don't regret my choice getting the Chinese version as I saved a few hundred dollars compared to the global version though. I also don't think the hardware is any different so I think it's just a matter of managing to flash the firmware with the global rom. I'm eyeing these forums until someone posts a way to do it lol.
    Yeah,CN is much cheaper than global version!
    Hope the global rom release someday.
    Global version in Thailand is for 750 Euro.