Question Will OnePlus 9 pro battery life be improved with a software update?

Search This thread

Lz3807775t

• Jan 7, 2021
    Florida
    This is not normal! I got 6% battery lost over an 8 hour night.
    Maybe clear cache of all apps and do a reset , and they are rolling out some updates that should help with battery drain , when I got my 8t the first few weeks this thing was terrible with battery , but after a few updates and clearing my cache did make it better ✌️

TPXX

Mar 19, 2008
    I went four days with light usage, still had 9 hours left when I charged it. Seems pretty good to me. With moderate to heavy use I make it through the day easily.

Reactions: Lz3807775t

thethruth

Apr 16, 2021
    T-mobile update just dropped and it's change log is no where close to what oneplus included. All it has is April security patch and camera update. What happen to everything else and the battery upgrade? Smh

thethruth

Apr 16, 2021
    -mobile update is now available and it only includes April security patch and a vague Camera update. What's up with this, the change log says some much more. What's about the the battery improvements and everything else? Is T-Mobile short changing us? ?

AwkwardUberHero

Nov 2, 2017
    OnePlus 9 Pro
    I'm getting better battery life on my TMobile version on 11.2.3.3.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210429-180102.jpg
      Screenshot_20210429-180102.jpg
      223.6 KB · Views: 39

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Yeah, my CPU-Z stats show battery overheat still. Smh
      Oneplus is really dropping the ball with this 9 series
      its normal because of background services are running even its idle
      This is not normal! I got 6% battery lost over an 8 hour night.
      so what do you expected? 0% over 8 hours? Even Galaxy S21 series is drain 5 or 10 over night dude

Yeah, 5-10% drain over night is normal. But user @nickporwal told he loses 23% over night, and you reply it is normal. I will tell you, that is not normal dude!
      You said you got 6% drained not 23% dude..
      Omg can you read?
      I went four days with light usage, still had 9 hours left when I charged it. Seems pretty good to me. With moderate to heavy use I make it through the day easily.
      It charges to 100% in under 30min...
      So seriously, what is it that you do all day where you need to have your screen on for 6-7h, hard usage, without any acces to a power plug to charge it?
      Are you a ranger in a Safari Park that tracks Rhino's?
      Yeah, my CPU-Z stats show battery overheat still. Smh
      Oneplus is really dropping the ball with this 9 series
      In the summer i will be moving back home where frequent blackouts are a common thing specially during the hot days, that is why im worried about battery life. and i dont like carrying power banks.
      Anyway thanks guys for the replys, and hope future updates would include battery improvements.

Im planning to buy OnePlus 9 pro phone, everything in this phone is perfect for my needs except the battery life. almost all the reviews on the internet suggest that the battery life of the phone is average, and some site say it's worse than that of the oneplus 8 pro, even though both phones have roughly the same battery capacity with the oneplus 9 pro having more efficient display and processor. so do you think it will be improved soon with a software update? and for those how bought the oneplus 8 pro at lunch last year, did you experience the same issue?​

I've upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy Note 9. I'm really surprised how quickly my phone has died the past few days at work. Only gets me through about 8hr of listening to podcasts, screen off before I hit 20%. I hope that something improves because I was hoping with this phone I'd be able to get through more of my day without charging.

It's astonishing to me that all the improvements to hardware and particularly power efficiency over the years have resulted in... the same SOT and battery life in general as my four old phone. Progress 🙄
    Our Apps
    Get our official app!
    The best way to access XDA on your phone
    Nav Gestures
    Add swipe gestures to any Android
    One Handed Mode
    Eases uses one hand with your phone