Question Will rooting my pixel 5a allow me to disable camera shutter sound?

Search This thread

PixelatedFox

Nov 9, 2021
You see, I got a pixel 5a that is imported from Japan and in Japan all phones Manufacturers must have shutter sound when taking pictures and you can't disable it.
If I will root my phone I will be able to disable it, right?

forty-second

Mar 15, 2017
No. Only with root - no. It depends on device ID (US or JP). For p5 there is patch for TWRP that spoofs ID, but there is no TWRP for 5a.

May be with some magisk module but i can't find any.

Or you can use modded Gcam.

Reactions: PixelatedFox

PixelatedFox

Nov 9, 2021
Last edited:

kaeel

Apr 24, 2011
Hi can you share the steps to do this? Also wanting to remove my shutter sound. From your reply, it looks like you need to root it?

fackstrot

Jan 10, 2019
Chechnya
it is impossible to convert 5a sun of the Japanese version into the American version, the difference is in the bands, only use the gcam mod

Velcorn

Jul 9, 2015
Hamburg
Faced the same issue. Like other people said, removing it from the stock Gcam probably isn't an option. Just use a compatible Gcam mod, I recommend MWP GCam for latest supported version.

As a bonus, you can use Tasker to intercept the double power button gesture to launch the modded GCam instead of stock.

Reactions: predragiPredrag

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No. Only with root - no. It depends on device ID (US or JP). For p5 there is patch for TWRP that spoofs ID, but there is no TWRP for 5a.

May be with some magisk module but i can't find any.

Or you can use modded Gcam.
    Faced the same issue. Like other people said, removing it from the stock Gcam probably isn't an option. Just use a compatible Gcam mod, I recommend MWP GCam for latest supported version.

As a bonus, you can use Tasker to intercept the double power button gesture to launch the modded GCam instead of stock.