• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Will somebody extract the walkman app in ZX500/A100 series walkman?

Search This thread

114514Beast

Jun 19, 2018
There are no forums about new walkman , so I post to here.
I have found that the new Sony Walkman is supported by android , and the new walkman app looks pretty well ( style is like the wm1 and zx300 series) . I wanna install the new walkman app on my cellphone .
There are some problems
First of all there are no smaster audio processor on the cellphones so some of the functions won’t work on the ordinary android devices . Like vinyl processor or dsee Hx , dc phase processor. Maybe we have to disable them to ensure that the app works well.
Second , I found the functionality between zx500 and a100 is different . So there are maybe 2 versions of new walkman app. One for zx500 and another one for a100.

Reactions: xperken1402

gauc39

Jul 18, 2019
Bump

Do you guys need someone with one of these devices to be able to extract the APK? Willing to help if you point me in the right direction.
However don't be too excited, the music player sucks as a music player.
It's very basic, it doesn't even let you create or modify playlists. Only "bookmarks" which cannot be backed up/exported and have limitations.
Even I have these device, and I'd rather stick to PowerAmp in general (best overall) or USB Audio Player Pro UAPP for USB DAC support and MQA.

I have found that the new Sony Walkman is supported by android , and the new walkman app looks pretty well ( style is like the wm1 and zx300 series) . I wanna install the new walkman app on my cellphone .
There are some problems
First of all there are no smaster audio processor on the cellphones so some of the functions won’t work on the ordinary android devices . Like vinyl processor or dsee Hx , dc phase processor. Maybe we have to disable them to ensure that the app works well.
Second , I found the functionality between zx500 and a100 is different . So there are maybe 2 versions of new walkman app. One for zx500 and another one for a100.

Maybe you should try AiMP.....? personally, I highly recommend it :D

Mondo87

Aug 25, 2021
Bump

Do you guys need someone with one of these devices to be able to extract the APK? Willing to help if you point me in the right direction.
However don't be too excited, the music player sucks as a music player.
It's very basic, it doesn't even let you create or modify playlists. Only "bookmarks" which cannot be backed up/exported and have limitations.
Even I have these device, and I'd rather stick to PowerAmp in general (best overall) or USB Audio Player Pro UAPP for USB DAC support and MQA.
Hi there,

I might be a little late but yes! Someone with one of these devices will be great.
Being it Android you can download an android app called (Super Backup & Restore) from the Google play store. This app is easy, intuitive and will extract the APK file. Then you can upload it here on XDA. I can help more if you are willing to help. I will try my best to answer any questions you have.
Cheers

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There are some problems