• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Will there be a Custom Rom?

Search This thread

Hlcpereira

Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2016
Blumenau, SC
https://sourceforge.net/projects/tucana-lineageos/files/

There ya go. Use at your own risk.

Known Issues:
- Back cameras
- NFC
- Proximity Sensor

I won't make a thread for the time being. Will create one once back cameras are working. If anyone wants to collaborate on fixing the current issues, feel free to share your findings.

All sources used for the device side are public on my Github and Gitlab.

Last edited:

Squida

Dec 20, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 5s
Xiaomi Mi Note 10

Known Issues:
- Back cameras
- NFC
- Proximity Sensor

I won't make a thread for the time being. Will create one once back cameras are working. If anyone wants to collaborate on fixing the current issues, feel free to share your findings.

Awesome, great work!

Wondering how you managed to get the Proprietary binaries for the Note 10 / Note 10 Pro (CC9)
I am still at a loss, any help will be much appreciated.

Hlcpereira

Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2016
Blumenau, SC
Awesome, great work!

Wondering how you managed to get the Proprietary binaries for the Note 10 / Note 10 Pro (CC9)
I am still at a loss, any help will be much appreciated.

Extract-files.sh comes in hand XD. If you mean the proprietary-files list that was a script tool that another dev did and I just went for it. Then I did just the organization and gave it a try (if you check a few pages back you'll see a major ****up with displayfeature, which was involved in that too XD)

Reactions: Squida

Squida

Dec 20, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 5s
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Extract-files.sh comes in hand XD. If you mean the proprietary-files list that was a script tool that another dev did and I just went for it. Then I did just the organization and gave it a try (if you check a few pages back you'll see a major ****up with displayfeature, which was involved in that too XD)

Thank you. I have been trying to find the extract-files.sh file to get the binaries from my own phone, if you could link me to the person who made their own extractor or the one you used, that would be fantastic.
I myself would test your build out if I was not trying to make my own. If no one has gotten back to you within 24 hours of your post. I'll make sure to give it a whirl for you.

So far my attempt has been to the point of getting the build working but i forgot the binary files to be able to put it on my own phone. so i had to use a Pixel device and emulate it.

Again thanks for reading and the help.

Hlcpereira

Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2016
Blumenau, SC
Thank you. I have been trying to find the extract-files.sh file to get the binaries from my own phone, if you could link me to the person who made their own extractor or the one you used, that would be fantastic.
I myself would test your build out if I was not trying to make my own. If no one has gotten back to you within 24 hours of your post. I'll make sure to give it a whirl for you.

So far my attempt has been to the point of getting the build working but i forgot the binary files to be able to put it on my own phone. so i had to use a Pixel device and emulate it.

Again thanks for reading and the help.

Well, for it work you'll need to clone/download android_vendor_lineage repo to a folder vendor/lineage and trees must be on device/xiaomi/{tucana/sm6150-common} for extract-files.sh to work. Then just do a bash extract-files.sh on the one in the tucana specific tree. For the actual binaries to be extracted you'll need to do what's called a system dump. You can use Dumpyara for that end for example, or do like LineageOS wiki tolds to (of course with a MIUI ROM zip, not a LOS zip). Hope that cleared any doubts regarding that.

Reactions: Squida

Squida

Dec 20, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 5s
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Well, for it work you'll need to clone/download android_vendor_lineage repo to a folder vendor/lineage and trees must be on device/xiaomi/{tucana/sm6150-common} for extract-files.sh to work. Then just do a bash extract-files.sh on the one in the tucana specific tree. For the actual binaries to be extracted you'll need to do what's called a system dump. You can use Dumpyara for that end for example, or do like LineageOS wiki tolds to (of course with a MIUI ROM zip, not a LOS zip). Hope that cleared any doubts regarding that.
Ahhh I have never heard of "Dumpyara" I'll have to look into that.

As for the lineage, it seems like the best option considering Xiaomi have not released the vendor and qualcom blobs though from the looks of the open source kernel I noticed it says goldfish as a codename and goldfish is also located in aosp source, under generic devices. I'll have to see how I go.

Right now as I type this I am building a pixel 4 XL Android 10 R41, I just hope I can emulate it and modify it some how with the open source kernel Xiaomi released.

Thanks for all your help thus far. Wish me luck

Last edited:

iSonik

Dec 7, 2010

Known Issues:
- Back cameras
- NFC
- Proximity Sensor

Do i just flash the Zip? Or do i need to be aware of the Miui version i have installed?

Aug 22, 2020
I would also love to test the ROM and report bugs. :) I think a public beta would be a good thing, as soon as the main camera works. This way, we get more people to help with testing and bugfixing.

iSonik

Dec 7, 2010

Known Issues:
- Back cameras
- NFC
- Proximity Sensor

Currently testing and i have to say i am really impressed, speed and battery life is on point. The only thing i dont understand is why you put the CPU uptime to 22000 on the small cores and the big cores to 500

Nick Werk

Nov 28, 2015
This is awesome! I will wait until for a bit as I have already bricked my mi note 10 and was lucky enough to get a replacement. Thanks for your hard work Henrique

Aug 22, 2020
Let's make it a community project.

If Henrique could get the main camera fixed, that would be so great!

If we had one or two additional programmers, they could assist Henrique with bugfixing.

The rest of us could simply install the build, test it in daily life, and report bugs to the team.

Then, when everything is stable and working, we make this an official LineageOS build and already have our small maintainer team, so that Henrique doesn't have to do all the work alone.

iSonik

Dec 7, 2010
I have to say battery live is really good on this rom.
Battery life

2 days and 10hrs in idle
7 hours and 18 mins SOT

Also while testing, no other bugs besides the one mentioned on github were found. So its basically Daily Driver material besides the cameras

Last edited:

Hlcpereira

Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2016
Blumenau, SC
@Hlcpereira did you try to add the CSID_CAMERA and the SOFTLED_CAMERA driver? Maybe this will fix the problem but i cant test it because my internetconnection is not working at my new home at the moment.

Those are already enabled on the defconfig and merged into kernel drivers. The only things I haven't tried yet: Try pie blobs, or try make everything on kernel drivers inline with tucana-p-oss/phoenix-q-oss

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, a bit of updates, mainly because I do feel that you guys deserve.

First one: I'm going to temporary close the crowdfunding. "Why? The goal wasn't reached yet neither is being one and a half month" I know, yet @Genomey could found a cheap Mi Note 10 on eBay and got it for about 252 USD. I'm going to wait for him get the device on his end and check and if everything is ok I'll send the money to him while he send me the device. "What will happen with the remaining amount?" 63.74 USD (or 347.01 BRL) are from me, I already had it or got it by my own in the meanwhile.

The total amount donated was of 267.22 USD. (1454.61 BRL).

Second is: In the meanwhile me and @0201m were working on the device sources and testing (huge shout out for him for helping in testing and troubleshooting) and so far: Kernel boots, everything builds, but yet depending of which blobs/vendor binaries you use the device reboots to recovery. Also when we managed to make it boot, the display service was dead (which means it's stuck on the Mi logo while the system already booted) XD (Not joking at all, me and him almost lost our minds cause of that ;_; ). At least the vibrator is confirmed to be working. So far that's the progress.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-note-10/how-to/custom-development-t4018813

In short:there are same some efforts trying to get custom Roms but nothing groundbreaking yet.
    I am working on the device tree right now to compile from source. Not ready yet and don't have the device in hand right now (should arrive soon) s.o. else is trying with treble images.
    Any progress with the ROM? ... looking forward to trying at least one beta

Still trying to figure out about the main cam sensor. Took those days off due the fact I am a student after all and had a bunch of works from collage to do. As I said to another people: until I get, at least, the main cam working from the not working list (which also includes NFC and proximity sensor), I won't do a public release and that's final. All the other camera sensors are being registered properly FYI.
    @Hlcpereira How's the progress btw ?
    Well. I got the device already, unlocked it too. Main camera, IR and NFC are dead at the moment. Rest is working

Sent from my MI 8 using XDA Labs
    Update of the situation (again): About the custom ROM start up progress: As it seems to be clear a lead was taken on what's wrong about the display (finally and kudos for @alibei for sharing his finds) things should start go more smoothly. I'm rebasing the sources and double checking everything ATM. And about the device that @Genomey found on eBay, well that didn't go well... He then sent 200 USD to covering up money for me buying a tucana here at Brazil, and so do it, I did start looking already for a device in here since then. I should be be buying definately around this week (that's my hopes at least)