• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Will there be a Custom Rom?

Search This thread
Aug 22, 2020
I may have a new lead over camera issue, but I'm moving to another place so I'm busy with the moving rather working on the device. Once the moving is done I'll return working on the device more often again.

Understandable. Have a nice time moving! :)

I can only repeat my offer: If you can build LineageOS with the camera working then I'll immediatelly use it as my daily smartphone, report bugs.

This device deserves official LineageOS support. Who else would be interested in helping?

kiwimato

Sep 28, 2020
This device deserves official LineageOS support. Who else would be interested in helping?

I have a Note 10 pro and would like to help with testing but also coding, though i need to learn a bit the ecosystem since I've never built any ROM.
However I do have experience with a lot of programming languages - I come from a DevOps background.
I just ordered another phone so i can use as a backup until we get a stable version on this one.

TehEks

May 12, 2020
I have a Note 10 pro and would like to help with testing but also coding, though i need to learn a bit the ecosystem since I've never built any ROM.
However I do have experience with a lot of programming languages - I come from a DevOps background.
I just ordered another phone so i can use as a backup until we get a stable version on this one.

I've you have devops'd before you'll be fairly well at home - you should just need to wrap your head around repo, and the various meal names for building.

Suggest you follow the "how to build" for an existing supported device to get your build environment up, then start pulling in the various sources mentioned here to get closer to a tucana build. Here's my local_manifests definition that gave me a completed build a few weeks ago (I don't have a device to actually test) - note the various commented out projects as well:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<manifest>
  <remote name="vendor" fetch="https://gitlab.com" revision="lineage-17.1" />
  <remote name="vendor_github" fetch="https://github.com" revision="lineage-17.1-vendorless" />
  <remote name="device" fetch="https://github.com" revision="lineage-17.1"/>
  <remote name="kernel" fetch="https://github.com" revision="lineage-17.1"/>
  <remote name="kernelQ" fetch="https://github.com" revision="Q"/>
  <remote name="lineage" fetch="https://github.com" revision="lineage-17.1"/>
  <!--Device Trees-->
  <project path="device/xiaomi/sm6150-common" name="Hlcpereira/android_device_xiaomi_sm6150-common" remote="device" />
  <project path="device/xiaomi/tucana" name="Hlcpereira/device_xiaomi_tucana" remote="device" />

<!--<project path="device/xiaomi/sm6150-common" name="LineageOS/android_device_xiaomi_sm6150-common" remote="device" />-->
  <!--Kernel-->
  <project path="kernel/xiaomi/sm6150" name="Hlcpereira/android_kernel_xiaomi_sm6150" remote="kernel" />

<!-- Vendor folders -->
  <!-- Vendor  proprietary -->
  <project path="vendor/xiaomi" name="Hlcpereira/proprietary_vendor_xiaomi" remote="vendor" />

<!--<project path="vendor/xiaomi/tucana" name="Hlcpereira/vendor_xiaomi_tucana" remote="vendor_github" />-->

<!-- hardware folders -->
  <project path="hardware/xiaomi" name="LineageOS/android_hardware_xiaomi" remote="lineage" />
</manifest>

Hopefully this is useful - I ended up getting a different device as I couldn't find a reasonably priced tucana when I looked, but they share the 108MP camera so I'm hoping at least we'll be able to benefit from shared success with that, if nothing else.

kiwimato

Sep 28, 2020
@TehEks thanks for all the info :) ! I'll give it a try this weekend since I already have a tucana available.

Does anyone know if there's any minimum firmware? I recently installed MIUI 12 - 20.9.3 beta global.
I know there were cases with other phones where you'd first have to downgrade to Android 9 or 10 to avoid bricking.

iFlashed

Mar 9, 2015
Madrid
Good to see the development for this device is on the right way. Thanks a lot for your work @Hlcpereira :)
I really want to help, but I don't have enough time (university :p) and I don't think I have enough knowledges on Android development to fix current bugs of this device

matheusgesser

Apr 18, 2016
So far the main bugs i discovered are:
Low speaker sound
Sometimes the fingerprint symbol will stay on the screen after unlocking the device

The biggest advantage of this rom is the insane battery life (around 3 days with 10h of SOT)

I tested the rom and liked it a lot, I went from miui.eu to LOS and I didn't have the low speaker bug hehe, highly recommend, a pity the rear camera does not work....nice job in the rom @Hlcpereira!...when I go to Blumenau I pay you a beer hahaha

Last edited:

veimus

Known Issues:
- Back cameras
- NFC
- Proximity Sensor.

Is there any way to move status bar a little lower ? So notch won’t be covering part of it ? :) Any way great job ;]

8IOokW.jpg

Last edited:

Axident1973

Sep 22, 2012
Zruč nad Sázavou
I tested Lineage 17.1 on tucana. Everythings fine, smooth, clear android is nice, but - yes, no camera in any way. I try everything, but 'can't connect camera'. Only on some GCam selfie cam work. It is not good news, because clear android can be perfect on our device, but nevermind, i go back on miui.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, a bit of updates, mainly because I do feel that you guys deserve.

First one: I'm going to temporary close the crowdfunding. "Why? The goal wasn't reached yet neither is being one and a half month" I know, yet @Genomey could found a cheap Mi Note 10 on eBay and got it for about 252 USD. I'm going to wait for him get the device on his end and check and if everything is ok I'll send the money to him while he send me the device. "What will happen with the remaining amount?" 63.74 USD (or 347.01 BRL) are from me, I already had it or got it by my own in the meanwhile.

The total amount donated was of 267.22 USD. (1454.61 BRL).

Second is: In the meanwhile me and @0201m were working on the device sources and testing (huge shout out for him for helping in testing and troubleshooting) and so far: Kernel boots, everything builds, but yet depending of which blobs/vendor binaries you use the device reboots to recovery. Also when we managed to make it boot, the display service was dead (which means it's stuck on the Mi logo while the system already booted) XD (Not joking at all, me and him almost lost our minds cause of that ;_; ). At least the vibrator is confirmed to be working. So far that's the progress.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-note-10/how-to/custom-development-t4018813

In short:there are same some efforts trying to get custom Roms but nothing groundbreaking yet.
    I am working on the device tree right now to compile from source. Not ready yet and don't have the device in hand right now (should arrive soon) s.o. else is trying with treble images.
    Any progress with the ROM? ... looking forward to trying at least one beta

Still trying to figure out about the main cam sensor. Took those days off due the fact I am a student after all and had a bunch of works from collage to do. As I said to another people: until I get, at least, the main cam working from the not working list (which also includes NFC and proximity sensor), I won't do a public release and that's final. All the other camera sensors are being registered properly FYI.
    @Hlcpereira How's the progress btw ?
    Well. I got the device already, unlocked it too. Main camera, IR and NFC are dead at the moment. Rest is working

Sent from my MI 8 using XDA Labs
    Update of the situation (again): About the custom ROM start up progress: As it seems to be clear a lead was taken on what's wrong about the display (finally and kudos for @alibei for sharing his finds) things should start go more smoothly. I'm rebasing the sources and double checking everything ATM. And about the device that @Genomey found on eBay, well that didn't go well... He then sent 200 USD to covering up money for me buying a tucana here at Brazil, and so do it, I did start looking already for a device in here since then. I should be be buying definately around this week (that's my hopes at least)