• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Will there be a Custom Rom?

Search This thread

Hlcpereira

Recognized Developer
Just out of curiosity I deleted:
vendor/lib/camera/components/com.qti.node.watermark.so
vendor/lib64/camera/components/com.qti.node.watermark.so
vendor/lib64/camera/components/com.vidhance.node.eis.so
vendor/lib64/camera/components/com.vidhance.stats.aec_dmbr.so
With that I don't get the error:
dlopen failed: cannot locate symbol "_ZN7android13GraphicBuffer4lockEjPPv" and dlopen failed: cannot locate symbol "__sfp_handle_exceptions"
But I'm getting the error:
Probe eeprom tucana_semco_m24c128x_s5khmx_8plens failed, expected vendor id:8f, read vendor id:3

Well, sadly those can't simply be deleted, as back with the displayfeature. Those need to be there.

The sfp_execption I fixed using a fix that a friend of mine did over violet and it worked perfectly (I haven't upload the changes yet), the GraphicBuffer error I did the shim and it worked but the loaded phdr error still there and I'm thinking it's not actually anything related to the shim, otherwise it would be complaining about missing lib or it would be complaining about the missing symbol yet otherwise.

And the 8plens error you can ignore if you don't have the Note 10 Pro version, as that sensor is specifically for it, so it'll error out on the normal Note 10 anyway. If you search for the non 8plens sensor you see that the probe is sucessful

Last edited:

Kosecki99

Dec 9, 2016
Hi Henrique or Alibei, have you tried to compile a rom based on AOSP? .... could lineage be the problem?.
Curiously, the roms that exist for my 10, my note 10 lite are based on aosp and not on lineage

Last edited:

Hlcpereira

Recognized Developer
Hi Henrique or Alibei, have you tried to compile a rom based on AOSP? .... could lineage be the problem?

If you mean without any CAF stuff, no, that'll mean just more work, as the HALs are completely different from CAF ones, and that'll mean more stuff broken while in the process of Aospfying the device. All ROMs that are called AOSP have the same bit from CAF as Lineage, and basically all apart for the ones that uses CAF's AOSP fork and the ones without the CAF bits (the purely AOSP ones) have the same stuff as Lineage has. And no it isn't, and as proof of that, some people have built other ROMs already such as Bliss and it didn't work the cameras either way.

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Deggendorf
I didn't fix anything it was Hlcpereira work.
It fixed sfp_execption and _ZN7android13GraphicBuffer4lockEjPPv.

I attached the logcat

Attachments

• logcat.zip
    556.8 KB · Views: 11

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Deggendorf
I got a working camera with lineage 17.1. I will post my source soon. But the device tree i modified uses a prebuilt kernel and prebuilt vendor.

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

You find the device tree here: https://github.com/alibei/android_device_xiaomi_tucana
The vendor blobs I used: https://github.com/alibei/android_vendor_xiaomi_tucana
I used the kernel, vendor and firmware from miui_TUCANAGlobal_V12.0.3.0.QFDMIXM_919439d60e_10.0.

What is working:
Audio
Bluetooth
Boot
Camera
Display
Ril
Touch
Wifi

What is not working:
ADB Debugging
FOD
Selinux is permissive

Can't test:
NFC

If you want to install it then do:
1. Flash the full 12.0.3.0 rom.
2. Format data and reboot to the recovery again
3. Flash lineage and gapps
4. You're done and you can reboot

Download: https://mega.nz/file/2eRShbxQ#5Nu_c1frnc94NQAtBMg1zHee4GPJeo2xUksVsLMasIg

Last edited:

Wmateria

Oct 13, 2015
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
I got a working camera with lineage 17.1. I will post my source soon. But the device tree i modified uses a prebuilt kernel and prebuilt vendor.

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 PM ----------

You find the device tree here: https://github.com/alibei/android_device_xiaomi_tucana
The vendor blobs I used: https://github.com/alibei/android_vendor_xiaomi_tucana
I used the kernel, vendor and firmware from miui_TUCANAGlobal_V12.0.3.0.QFDMIXM_919439d60e_10.0.

What is working:
Audio
Bluetooth
Boot
Camera
Display
Ril
Touch
Wifi

What is not working:
FOD
Selinux is permissive

Can't test:
NFC

If you want to install it then make a clean flash with miui_TUCANAGlobal_V12.0.3.0.QFDMIXM_919439d60e_10.0
After that flash the rom and format data.

Download: https://mega.nz/file/2eRShbxQ#5Nu_c1frnc94NQAtBMg1zHee4GPJeo2xUksVsLMasIg

Meaning flash the full 12.0.3.0 rom, not the firmware?

So flash the 12.0.3.0 ..then flash the lineage rom and format data? When do i flash gapps?

Last edited:

hayatnas18

Jan 24, 2017
Yogyakarta
I didn't test that. You can try it but I don't know if it works.

it works,
but in order to install gapps i need to resize fs via recovery,
NFC works,
network monitor hides behind the notch, but not a biggies, let's try to focus on something more important
can't boot with either magisk 20.4 or 21.1, just stuck at the boot logo
wonder what kind of battery I'll get

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok, a bit of updates, mainly because I do feel that you guys deserve.

First one: I'm going to temporary close the crowdfunding. "Why? The goal wasn't reached yet neither is being one and a half month" I know, yet @Genomey could found a cheap Mi Note 10 on eBay and got it for about 252 USD. I'm going to wait for him get the device on his end and check and if everything is ok I'll send the money to him while he send me the device. "What will happen with the remaining amount?" 63.74 USD (or 347.01 BRL) are from me, I already had it or got it by my own in the meanwhile.

The total amount donated was of 267.22 USD. (1454.61 BRL).

Second is: In the meanwhile me and @0201m were working on the device sources and testing (huge shout out for him for helping in testing and troubleshooting) and so far: Kernel boots, everything builds, but yet depending of which blobs/vendor binaries you use the device reboots to recovery. Also when we managed to make it boot, the display service was dead (which means it's stuck on the Mi logo while the system already booted) XD (Not joking at all, me and him almost lost our minds cause of that ;_; ). At least the vibrator is confirmed to be working. So far that's the progress.
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/mi-note-10/how-to/custom-development-t4018813

In short:there are same some efforts trying to get custom Roms but nothing groundbreaking yet.
    I am working on the device tree right now to compile from source. Not ready yet and don't have the device in hand right now (should arrive soon) s.o. else is trying with treble images.
    Any progress with the ROM? ... looking forward to trying at least one beta

Still trying to figure out about the main cam sensor. Took those days off due the fact I am a student after all and had a bunch of works from collage to do. As I said to another people: until I get, at least, the main cam working from the not working list (which also includes NFC and proximity sensor), I won't do a public release and that's final. All the other camera sensors are being registered properly FYI.
    @Hlcpereira How's the progress btw ?
    Well. I got the device already, unlocked it too. Main camera, IR and NFC are dead at the moment. Rest is working

Sent from my MI 8 using XDA Labs
    Update of the situation (again): About the custom ROM start up progress: As it seems to be clear a lead was taken on what's wrong about the display (finally and kudos for @alibei for sharing his finds) things should start go more smoothly. I'm rebasing the sources and double checking everything ATM. And about the device that @Genomey found on eBay, well that didn't go well... He then sent 200 USD to covering up money for me buying a tucana here at Brazil, and so do it, I did start looking already for a device in here since then. I should be be buying definately around this week (that's my hopes at least)