Will there be a Custom Rom?

Search This thread

Hlcpereira

Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2016
Blumenau, SC
Motorola Moto Maxx
Xiaomi Mi 5
Ok, a bit of updates, mainly because I do feel that you guys deserve.

First one: I'm going to temporary close the crowdfunding. "Why? The goal wasn't reached yet neither is being one and a half month" I know, yet @Genomey could found a cheap Mi Note 10 on eBay and got it for about 252 USD. I'm going to wait for him get the device on his end and check and if everything is ok I'll send the money to him while he send me the device. "What will happen with the remaining amount?" 63.74 USD (or 347.01 BRL) are from me, I already had it or got it by my own in the meanwhile.

The total amount donated was of 267.22 USD. (1454.61 BRL).

Second is: In the meanwhile me and @0201m were working on the device sources and testing (huge shout out for him for helping in testing and troubleshooting) and so far: Kernel boots, everything builds, but yet depending of which blobs/vendor binaries you use the device reboots to recovery. Also when we managed to make it boot, the display service was dead (which means it's stuck on the Mi logo while the system already booted) XD (Not joking at all, me and him almost lost our minds cause of that ;_; ). At least the vibrator is confirmed to be working. So far that's the progress.

Last edited:

iFlashed

Mar 9, 2015
Madrid

First one: I'm going to temporary close the crowdfunding. "Why? The goal wasn't reached yet neither is being one and a half month" I know, yet @Genomey could found a cheap Mi Note 10 on eBay and got it for about 252 USD. I'm going to wait for him get the device on his end and check and if everything is ok I'll send the money to him while he send me the device. "What will happen with the remaining amount?" 63.74 USD (or 347.01 BRL) are from me, I already had it or got it by my own in the meanwhile.

Second is: In the meanwhile me and @0201m were working on the device sources and testing (huge shout out for him for helping in testing and troubleshooting) and so far: Kernel boots, everything builds, but yet depending of which blobs/vendor binaries you use the device reboots to recovery. Also when we managed to make it boot, the display service was dead (which means it's stuck on the Mi logo while the system already booted) XD (Not joking at all, me and him almost lost our minds cause of that ;_; ). At least the vibrator is confirmed to be working. So far that's the progress.

Congratulations for the crowfounding, and thanks for your interest on this device. Good luck :good:

ViRUS2015

Dec 23, 2014

Thank you so much for the update, and for all the troubles, man! Makes me glad having donated to someone so nice like you :angel:

Hopefully you can get Lineage working on the Mi Note 10 :D

Hlcpereira

Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2016
Blumenau, SC
Motorola Moto Maxx
Xiaomi Mi 5
I hope everything is going well! @Hlcpereira Could you please update how far you got it to work?
Only headaches so far. I stopped for awhile in order to not burn myself. Yet the problem so far is: Seems we'll have to wait Xiaomj release the q-oss branch of tucana sources in order to get anything working properly. I tried also using prebuilt kernel (and vendor) from MIUI but that seems to be no luck at all (it didn't boot, while building vendor and kernel from source is booting already but display and audio dead). Plus doing blindly without the device (yes I didn't receive it yet... @Genomey still working on getting rid of the Mi Account block to send me the device yet) is asking for taking leaps in the dark.

Sent from my MI 8 using XDA Labs

ndzaky

Nov 5, 2013
Yogyakarta
Only headaches so far. I stopped for awhile in order to not burn myself. Yet the problem so far is: Seems we'll have to wait Xiaomj release the q-oss branch of tucana sources in order to get anything working properly. I tried also using prebuilt kernel (and vendor) from MIUI but that seems to be no luck at all (it didn't boot, while building vendor and kernel from source is booting already but display and audio dead). Plus doing blindly without the device (yes I didn't receive it yet... @Genomey still working on getting rid of the Mi Account block to send me the device yet) is asking for taking leaps in the dark.

So it's impossible without q-oss branch from Xiaomi ? I'm not asking ETA btw, I just eager to know whether this device have a hope for Custom ROM or not.

Hlcpereira

Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2016
Blumenau, SC
Motorola Moto Maxx
Xiaomi Mi 5
So it's impossible without q-oss branch from Xiaomi ? I'm not asking ETA btw, I just eager to know whether this device have a hope for Custom ROM or not.

Well, it seems so at least. I'm looking on what to do and yet: I can try doing pie builds first as Pie is already stable and then move to 10 Q after, or even try another stuff kernel related on my range.

iSonik

Dec 7, 2010
Well, it seems so at least. I'm looking on what to do and yet: I can try doing pie builds first as Pie is already stable and then move to 10 Q after, or even try another stuff kernel related on my range.

Since GSI are semi working, you could try starting with an GSI. Only thing not really working is the overlay

Reactions: alex99aon

alibei

Jan 1, 2017
Bavaria
Xiaomi Mi Note 10
Xiaomi Poco F3
I tried to compile, boot and fix the problem but I hadn't luck.
I'm only getting these errors:

649 649 E SDM : DRMAtomicReq::Commit: drmModeAtomicCommit failed with error 22 (Invalid argument).
649 649 E SDM : HWDeviceDRM::NullCommit: failed with error -22
649 649 E SDM : HWDeviceDRM::powerOn: Failed with error: 11
649 649 E SDM : HWCDisplay::prepareLayerStack: Prepare failed. Error = 11
647 647 E HWComposer: prepare: presentOrValidate failed for display 19261101167563905: BadDisplay (2)
647 647 E SurfaceFlinger: prepareFrame failed for DisplayDevice{19261101167563905, primary, "xiaomi f4 41 "}: -2147483648 (Unknown error -2147483648)

Full log: mediafire.com/file/39y5zzfiqyyb6ij/log.txt/file

Last edited:

Hlcpereira

Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2016
Blumenau, SC
Motorola Moto Maxx
Xiaomi Mi 5
I tried to compile, boot and fix the problem but I hadn't luck.
I'm only getting these errors:

649 649 E SDM : DRMAtomicReq::Commit: drmModeAtomicCommit failed with error 22 (Invalid argument).
649 649 E SDM : HWDeviceDRM::NullCommit: failed with error -22
649 649 E SDM : HWDeviceDRM::powerOn: Failed with error: 11
649 649 E SDM : HWCDisplay::prepareLayerStack: Prepare failed. Error = 11
647 647 E HWComposer: prepare: presentOrValidate failed for display 19261101167563905: BadDisplay (2)
647 647 E SurfaceFlinger: prepareFrame failed for DisplayDevice{19261101167563905, primary, "xiaomi f4 41 "}: -2147483648 (Unknown error -2147483648)

Full log: mediafire.com/file/39y5zzfiqyyb6ij/log.txt/file

Where are your vendor/xiaomi folder from?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

https://xdaforums.com/mi-note-10/how-to/custom-development-t4018813

In short:there are same some efforts trying to get custom Roms but nothing groundbreaking yet.
    I am working on the device tree right now to compile from source. Not ready yet and don't have the device in hand right now (should arrive soon) s.o. else is trying with treble images.
    Any progress with the ROM? ... looking forward to trying at least one beta

Still trying to figure out about the main cam sensor. Took those days off due the fact I am a student after all and had a bunch of works from collage to do. As I said to another people: until I get, at least, the main cam working from the not working list (which also includes NFC and proximity sensor), I won't do a public release and that's final. All the other camera sensors are being registered properly FYI.
    @Hlcpereira How's the progress btw ?
    Well. I got the device already, unlocked it too. Main camera, IR and NFC are dead at the moment. Rest is working

Update of the situation (again): About the custom ROM start up progress: As it seems to be clear a lead was taken on what's wrong about the display (finally and kudos for @alibei for sharing his finds) things should start go more smoothly. I'm rebasing the sources and double checking everything ATM. And about the device that @Genomey found on eBay, well that didn't go well... He then sent 200 USD to covering up money for me buying a tucana here at Brazil, and so do it, I did start looking already for a device in here since then. I should be be buying definately around this week (that's my hopes at least)