Will there Be a Real Android 11 Update for Mate 20 X?

Search This thread

Deanro

Account currently disabled
Feb 24, 2020
Hi guys,

I received emui 11 today. Its a great improvement but its still andriod 10 based. Will there be an android 11 update for the mate 20 x?

nickb99NZ

Aug 16, 2012
From what I read the next major update will be Harmony OS. And not clear if that is built on Android 11 or not, or if it will be offered for the 20X or not.

jbmc83

Oct 12, 2011
Germany
GT-i9250
Samsung Galaxy S Plus I9001
nope, not gonna happen. the issue is that Huawei as a whole so far is not planning to update ANY of its phones to android 11 due to them being cut off from the inner dev circle of android. they only have access to AOSP sources now, just like the rest of us regulars. there are literally no huawei phones with android 11 on the market, absolutely none.

one more time for ppl who do not seem to understand this: EMUI 11 is based on Android 10.
EMUI 11 is NOT Android 11. EMUI and Android are two different things!

btw, HarmonyOS is just Android 10 with a skin on top, just like EMUI...
Link: https://telecoms.com/508506/huaweis-harmony-os-revealed-to-be-an-android-fork-what-a-surprise/

with all that being said, i do agree that EMUI 11 as a whole is a nice step forward from EMUI 10. system snappiness and functionality just feels more rounded and better than before!

oh and btw OP, ive answered this question several times before @emui 11 is based on Android 10. but yeah, "just trolling", right? ;) welcome to reality, took u long enough :)

Last edited:

Deanro

Feb 24, 2020
nope, not gonna happen. the issue is that Huawei as a whole so far is not planning to update ANY of its phones to android 11 due to them being cut off from the inner dev circle of android. they only have access to AOSP sources now, just like the rest of us regulars. there are literally no huawei phones with android 11 on the market, absolutely none.

Link: https://telecoms.com/508506/huaweis-harmony-os-revealed-to-be-an-android-fork-what-a-surprise/

with all that being said, i do agree that EMUI 11 as a whole is a nice step forward from EMUI 10. system snappiness and functionality just feels more rounded and better than before!

oh and btw OP, ive answered this question several times before @emui 11 is based on Android 10. but yeah, "just trolling", right? ;) welcome to reality, took u long enough :)

Hi,

So youre saying no huaweis will ever be updated to andriod 11. Maybe there could be a change in the future who knows.

But honestly emui 11 is a very good update. It fixed noticeable bugs which shouldnt have existed in previous iterations before 11 which says little about huawei as a company that keeps up with fixes. Its late to the party as usual.

As to your trolling in the past the mods deleted your content for violating rules. Dont blame anyone but yourself. Time to grow up.

Reactions: nickb99NZ

jbmc83

Oct 12, 2011
Germany
GT-i9250
Samsung Galaxy S Plus I9001
hmmm, right.
Hi,

So youre saying no huaweis will ever be updated to andriod 11. Maybe there could be a change in the future who knows.

But honestly emui 11 is a very good update. It fixed noticeable bugs which shouldnt have existed in previous iterations before 11 which says little about huawei as a company that keeps up with fixes. Its late to the party as usual.

As to your trolling in the past the mods deleted your content for violating rules. Dont blame anyone but yourself. Time to grow up.

just as before i was providing information on our device and its software / capabilities, which ive backed up with screenshots.

i.e.: - EMUI 11 is still based on Android 10
- EMUI 11 fixes lots of bugs and improves upon system snappiness vs. EMUI 10
- Huawei updates come first to chinese models like my EVR-AL00, global models like the L29 come much later (btw, there is no "Singapore made" Huawei phones, they just use global variants here ;) )
- AOD is not necessary to vastly improve SOT on Mate 20 X, you just have to know how to properly tweak your system. if you don't, then naturally you battery life will be much worse.

before you did not want to believe me, now "suddenly" you come to the same conclusions. you are right, time to grow up, please heed your own advice and stop reporting people trying to help out :) only trolls do such things.

feel free to go back to my previous posts and read up on all the others things uve missed while denouncing and ignoring me. you might learn something interesting!

cheers

Reactions: Raiz

Raiz

Forum Moderator / XDA Welcome Team
Staff member
Hi,

Appreciate the link but I'm confused. Emui 11 has already been rolled out. So what does your link mean?
Sorry about that I got confused too, I thought Emui 11=Android 11 but it's Android 10.

Someone did give you a proper answer tho as I see:
hmmm, right.

just as before i was providing information on our device and its software / capabilities, which ive backed up with screenshots.

- Huawei updates come first to chinese models like my EVR-AL00, global models like the L29 come much later (btw, there is no "Singapore made" Huawei phones, they just use global variants here ;) )
- AOD is not necessary to vastly improve SOT on Mate 20 X, you just have to know how to properly tweak your system. if you don't, then naturally you battery life will be much worse.

before you did not want to believe me, now "suddenly" you come to the same conclusions. you are right, time to grow up, please heed your own advice and stop reporting people trying to help out :) only trolls do such things.

feel free to go back to my previous posts and read up on all the others things uve missed while denouncing and ignoring me. you might learn something interesting!

cheers

Have a great day

Deanro

Feb 24, 2020

cheers

Surrrrre..

Your screen shots did not provide accurate info as 2 people including myself had clearly proven.

The emui 11 I call '10 clone' has become my fav updated "version" especially when it serves up noticeable speed with apps not to mention improvements upon the task manager which was a total disaster under 10.
AOD has been shown to save battery more so then when youre constantly checking your phone for notifications.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi,

hmmm, right.
    Hi,

cheers
    If this phone will be update to HarmonyOS it will have always google services like before?

Theres no point in installing harmony.