Question Will there be Tab S8 Ultra 5G?

Search This thread

drzeller

Sep 3, 2004
The ordering page, next to wifi, says AT&T and T-Mobile are coming. Apparently, no Verizon. :-(

wisleans

Oct 8, 2010
It looks like there is going to be an Ultra with 5G for US. But I assume it would be for either AT&T and T-mobile or both. I see that there is SM-X906U model and it is not yet released just like what Samsung's website says, "AT&T and T-Mobile Coming Soon!" when you select Tab S8 Ultra.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT
1647365633399.png

Wilazn

Nov 23, 2014
OnePlus 8T
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
what are the 5G freq.
It tells you if you click the link and read the specs...

Supported Bands : 5G Bands 28/20/5/8/1/40/41/38/7/78/77, LTE Bands 1/2/4/5/7/8/12/13/17/20/25/26/28/32/38/40/41, 3G/HSPA Bands 5/8/3/2/39​

For 5G, T-Mobile is using band 71 (600 MHz) for low-band, band 41 (2,500 Mhz) for mid-band, as well as faster mmWave in select downtown areas.

JHCCAZ

May 7, 2013
Tucson
I've been checking the Samsung Shop site, and T-Mobile also. Today I saw that the "Coming Soon" note, as captured above, is now gone for the S8 Ultra 5G. At this time you can order the S8+ 5G from Samsung or from T-Mobile, but only the Wi-Fi version of the S8 Ultra is listed by Samsung (and of course not on T-mobile as they would generally not be selling Wi-Fi devices).

This is disappointing and I hope it's simply a matter of time - but I'm not very optimistic that T-mobile will sign up to carry the Ultra 5G alongside the + 5G, especially after the product-intro excitement has died down.

I think that Samsung was caught unprepared for the level of interest in the S8 Ultra, and this created a backorder delay that is now killing the momentum and the success of the launch. I hope I'm wrong, but I'm now very doubtful that I'll be able to upgrade my T-mobile S7+ to an S8 Ultra.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It looks like there is going to be an Ultra with 5G for US. But I assume it would be for either AT&T and T-mobile or both. I see that there is SM-X906U model and it is not yet released just like what Samsung's website says, "AT&T and T-Mobile Coming Soon!" when you select Tab S8 Ultra.
    If you can buy from here www.expansys.com you can get a unlocked unbranded version.

So does the 5g work on T-mobile on these 5g models? Looking at the Ultra, looks like it works out to about $1656.18
    Here in AUS my carrier provided me with the X906B model
    Surprised Samsung US dont have it on their site - Thats disappointing!
    I'm still waiting for the S8 Ultra 5G for tmobile. Hell I'll even pay extra for an unlocked one. Not sure why it's taking so long for a 5G version to come out for the US.