Question Will UK variant work on AT&T?

Search This thread

XATAGuy

Jan 31, 2009
Knoxville
I need unlocked/dual sim. If I buy the UK variant, SM-F926B/DS, will it work on AT&T network? Will I get 5G/LTE? Will it update? Thanks!

carlitos66

Dec 19, 2010
I would be very careful. In 2020 I bought unlocked Note 20 Ultra in Czech Republic and brought it to USA to be used on AT&T network. Unfortunately the 5G bands are not compatible and I didn't get 5G at all. Otherwise the phone works fine, you get LTE speeds and little bit spotty coverage. If you can live with that, you will be ok.

Reactions: XATAGuy

RuggedHunter

Dec 22, 2012
Eastern PA
I use an international note 10+ n975f in USA on ATT and my line was shutoff last month because of a new company policy that will be fully in effect Feb 2022. Only u/u1 variants will work on their network...must have volte working and be a device provided thru ATT...not imported. I recommend a different carrier.

It sucks. They did send me a free note 9, but...I need a new carrier.

Last edited:
Reactions: XATAGuy

XATAGuy

Jan 31, 2009
Knoxville
Interesting. I’m on an unlocked, dual-SIM, Note 8, N950F which came from Singapore. I don’t remember how long I’ve had it, but I think it’s been around 5 years. It’s not a 5G device, but it is 4G/LTE and supports VoLTE. I think AT&T knows about it because I think I had to provide them with a S/N, M/N, and IMEI years ago. I’d like a 5G device and this one isn’t holding a charge for a full day anymore, but otherwise works fine on AT&T for now. I’d really like to stay with an unlocked, dual-SIM.

Reactions: Markeee

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It should. The spec sheets for the phone does not show any variance in the radio's and frequencies they are compatible with in regards to where it's sold other than the ROM's with the carrier configurations pre-configured.
    I would be very careful. In 2020 I bought unlocked Note 20 Ultra in Czech Republic and brought it to USA to be used on AT&T network. Unfortunately the 5G bands are not compatible and I didn't get 5G at all. Otherwise the phone works fine, you get LTE speeds and little bit spotty coverage. If you can live with that, you will be ok.
    I use an international note 10+ n975f in USA on ATT and my line was shutoff last month because of a new company policy that will be fully in effect Feb 2022. Only u/u1 variants will work on their network...must have volte working and be a device provided thru ATT...not imported. I recommend a different carrier.

It sucks. They did send me a free note 9, but...I need a new carrier.
    Interesting. I’m on an unlocked, dual-SIM, Note 8, N950F which came from Singapore. I don’t remember how long I’ve had it, but I think it’s been around 5 years. It’s not a 5G device, but it is 4G/LTE and supports VoLTE. I think AT&T knows about it because I think I had to provide them with a S/N, M/N, and IMEI years ago. I’d like a 5G device and this one isn’t holding a charge for a full day anymore, but otherwise works fine on AT&T for now. I’d really like to stay with an unlocked, dual-SIM.