• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Will we ever be able to add Touchless Controls & Active Notifications to AOSP?

Search This thread

Arak-Nafein

Sep 9, 2010
Like the question says.

I like these features, but I also like stock android. I don't know how deep these things are implemented. Will we ever be able to add these in an .apk form to other ROMs? That's the only reason I'm still on the stock ROM with my Dev Edition.

Also, what happens on a ROM that doesn't take advantage of these features? Do those cores deactivate? Or do they still drain battery?

dr3wster

Apr 16, 2009
Like the question says.

I like these features, but I also like stock android. I don't know how deep these things are implemented. Will we ever be able to add these in an .apk form to other ROMs? That's the only reason I'm still on the stock ROM with my Dev Edition.

Also, what happens on a ROM that doesn't take advantage of these features? Do those cores deactivate? Or do they still drain battery?

I would imagine that if you installed a pure AOSP rom, the contextual cores in the X8 will simply just be used and hence you won't see any power usage that would have otherwise been used by the Active Display, Touchless Control etc. features in the standard Moto Rom, given there's basically no code making calls to those parts of the X8.

Regardless, even if there was some power draw from the contextual cores, the power usage should be low, given they were designed to be low-power in the first place!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You do realize that the ROM that comes with the x is stock android. The same as a nexus with 5 extra apps. Problem solved.

MotoX Developer Edition 4.4.2 GB