• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Will You be upgrading from the Note 20 to the Galaxy Fold 3?

Search This thread

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
With the saturation of phones out there it frustrates me to no end that none of the high end versions outside of the Asus Rog Phones have 6000mAh spec'd batteries. Low end ones and some mid tiers have those batteries but none of the flagships do.

I guess it's because they all know they won't get repeat customers upgrading their phone every year and their power banks and other belated battery related accessories will go out of business..
Not needed for the bulk it would add and increased risk of an event. I simply fast charge after 2-5 hours of usage.
Here's a sample of what my 10+ is getting.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210724-122617_AccuBattery.jpg
    Screenshot_20210724-122617_AccuBattery.jpg
    358 KB · Views: 27

kangi26

Retired Forum Moderator
Nov 8, 2006
Seattle
No, I won't be going to the Fold. WAAAAY too much $$ and no real benefit for me on the screen size. IF I do anything, I would consider the Pixel 6 Pro/XL (Whatever they are going to call it). I'll be waiting a bit to see how the hardware specs meet up with the rumors

Reactions: blackhawk

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Not seeing that speced anywhere... 1tb
And you won't... As I said the SDXC standard should be able to handle about 2Tb however those size cards aren't available as yet. As such, no phone maker is going to say it can support this...

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
And you won't... As I said the SDXC standard should be able to handle about 2Tb however those size cards aren't available as yet. As such, no phone maker is going to say it can support this...
Well until tested it's just a theory.
Probably doesn't matter anyway as the price will be sky high.
2 SD card slots supporting 1tb each be more useful and usable.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
It's official.

Not surprisingly with the chip shortage and the Android platform in a mess thanks to Android 11.

Fold 3 isn't going to even pay for half of the investment Samsung bet on the Fold technology let alone pay the rent🤣
Lots of failures happening with the S21 U's and Samsung isn't managing that well at all.
Next year Samsung better get their lame act together... lots of dropped balls and no slam dunks this year.

r.dunne

Aug 29, 2013
I won't be upgrading from this pos to anything Samsung. I might get another note 9 if I can find one in good as new condition but other than that, no more new Samsung phones for me. I absolutely hate this phone, worst one I've owned so far. I am kicking myself every day for letting xfinity talk me into it, especially because I gave up my perfectly good note 9 for next to nothing. I like having a pen with my phone but the LG stylo series went down the drain after the stylo 4 and I don't have any experience with any others. I also don't want anything huge. This note 20 is borderline to big. I wouldn't want nothing larger than this. The Note 9 was perfect but I'm locked into this phone from hell for 16 more months. I still see "new" note 9s popping up here and there but I doubt that will be the case by the time I get this thing paid off. If anyone has any recommendations, I'm open to info.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
I won't be upgrading from this pos to anything Samsung. I might get another note 9 if I can find one in good as new condition but other than that, no more new Samsung phones for me. I absolutely hate this phone, worst one I've owned so far. I am kicking myself every day for letting xfinity talk me into it, especially because I gave up my perfectly good note 9 for next to nothing. I like having a pen with my phone but the LG stylo series went down the drain after the stylo 4 and I don't have any experience with any others. I also don't want anything huge. This note 20 is borderline to big. I wouldn't want nothing larger than this. The Note 9 was perfect but I'm locked into this phone from hell for 16 more months. I still see "new" note 9s popping up here and there but I doubt that will be the case by the time I get this thing paid off. If anyone has any recommendations, I'm open to info.
Note 10+ 512gb Snapdragon running on Pie.

r.dunne

Aug 29, 2013
One of the reasons I don't like this one is because they did away with the 3.5mm audio jack after the Note 9 and therefore the phone has no DAC. I have several adapters with DACs but that option interferes with other functions. I understand all the Bluetooth and wifi options but I'm just a wire guy. I don't like depending on wireless connections concerning my music. I have several sets of Bluetooth earbuds but I still only trust my corded ones when I'm in the zone. I'm pretty serious when it comes to my tunes. Just me.
That's only one of the reasons for my dissatisfaction with this phone though and certainly not the biggest. This phone has become a huge thorn in my side, functionality, communication wise, just about everything about it is bothersome in one way or another. The only thing I do like is the camera but it's still not anywhere close to a real camera, like a Canon or Nikon, which was the main reason I went for the deal. And because I got it for half price, but even then, I'm still really unhappy with my choice.

Last edited:

dj24

Jun 23, 2018
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
One of the reasons I don't like this one is because they did away with the 3.5mm audio jack after the Note 9 and therefore the phone has no DAC. I have several adapters with DACs but that option interferes with other functions. I understand all the Bluetooth and wifi options but I'm just a wire guy. I don't like depending on wireless connections concerning my music. I have several sets of Bluetooth earbuds but I still only trust my corded ones when I'm in the zone. I'm pretty serious when it comes to my tunes. Just me.
That's only one of the reasons for my dissatisfaction with this phone though and certainly not the biggest. This phone has become a huge thorn in my side, functionality, communication wise, just about everything about it is bothersome in one way or another. The only thing I do like is the camera but it's still not anywhere close to a real camera, like a Canon or Nikon, which was the main reason I went for the deal. And because I got it for half price, but even then, I'm still really unhappy with my choice.

Although I'm no audiophile, I tend to be serious about my tunes too. Have you tried a USB C to 3.5mm DAC? I have this one and quite enjoy it.

Edit: I did a bit of digging on Headfi and found a thread and a review site all the audiophiles there swear by.

Last edited:
Reactions: jsusang

jsusang

Jun 10, 2020
...I might get another note 9 if I can find one in good as new condition...
...If anyone has any recommendations, I'm open to info.

Hi, @rdunne,

A couple of days ago, I was cruising around on Samsung's website for a N20U S-view cover, and noticed that Samsung has a "certified" Note9 listed for sale (USA).

back on topic:
No, I will not upgrade/trade from the N20U to the GF3. Still have the N9 as a back-up.

Next phone will be 2 cans and a string with CanDroid OS...

r.dunne

Aug 29, 2013
I do have a few. Not those particular ones but not really surprisingly, I bought 2 of the Samsung official ones that both claimed that they have DACs but neither one does anything at all. I've tried them in the car, oni my home AVR, and on several speakers that have 3.5mm ports and nothing. I have 2 different ones I got on Amazon from top rated products and they work at least but aside from any audio quality losses, they both do strange things on my phone when I plug them in and unplug them. One turns Google assistant on every time and not only when using the plug, also any time the power is supplied or cut, like if I turn the off the ignition in the car without unplugging it first. That one has a port for the USB-C also so that it will also charge while it's playing tunes. The other one does random stuff with the various music players and services that I use. Some more than others but every one I have used or tried. It also keeps turning that stupid "max volume" setting on and it will just do it at random while I'm listening even if I turn it back off after it does it upon launch. Very very irritating to say the least. I've contacted all support resources from Samsung, Google, Spotify, Jet-Audio, etc. and nobody has a clue.
Although I'm no audiophile, I tend to be serious about my tunes too. Have you tried a USB C to 3.5mm DAC? I have this one and quite enjoy it.

Edit: I did a bit of digging on Headfi and found a thread and a review site all the audiophiles there swear by.

Not

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
I do have a few. Not those particular ones but not really surprisingly, I bought 2 of the Samsung official ones that both claimed that they have DACs but neither one does anything at all. I've tried them in the car, oni my home AVR, and on several speakers that have 3.5mm ports and nothing. I have 2 different ones I got on Amazon from top rated products and they work at least but aside from any audio quality losses, they both do strange things on my phone when I plug them in and unplug them. One turns Google assistant on every time and not only when using the plug, also any time the power is supplied or cut, like if I turn the off the ignition in the car without unplugging it first. That one has a port for the USB-C also so that it will also charge while it's playing tunes. The other one does random stuff with the various music players and services that I use. Some more than others but every one I have used or tried. It also keeps turning that stupid "max volume" setting on and it will just do it at random while I'm listening even if I turn it back off after it does it upon launch. Very very irritating to say the least. I've contacted all support resources from Samsung, Google, Spotify, Jet-Audio, etc. and nobody has a clue.

Not
The Samsung one works.
There's either a firmware, software, or hardware issue with the phone.

Reactions: jsusang

TripDaStation

Aug 6, 2021
a little sad but i looooooooooove my note 20 ultra and i just got it a few weeks ago. I chose it over a s21 plus cause i love the square wrap around screen. the s21 plus just doesnt look as good without one.

blackhawk

Jun 23, 2020
Thinking to skip Android all together... Fragmentation is just too much and till today Google couldn't come up with a viable solution. Adding to that major version upgrades in Android is just stupid compared to Apple... I hate Apple but I have no choice
Well the Apple has gone rotten to the core. Thinking everyone and anyone might be guilty Apple will scan all Apple phones for CP images. Then if found Apple will dime you out.
A no warrant search courtesy of Apple.
What's next? You can bet Apple isn't gonna to limit searches to just CP images for long if at all.

Reactions: PapaDocta

ultramag69

Nov 6, 2007
Waratah
Will there be a Note next year?
Keep hearing "Yes" from Samsung but I bet a solid NO...
The S range has pen support, the Fold range gets that this year. Why are they going to build 2 phones that are essentially the same ( S and Note range).
Samsung are hoping the Fold will be accepted as the 2nd phone of the year and the Note will die, not with a fanfare but with a whimper....
Have a fold 2, had it around 5 months. Treat it like a baby and don't you know, the internal screen just got [email protected]#ed up and needs repairs - LCD looks like its broken with liquid crystal bleeding everywhere... Bet they'll try to wriggle out of the warranty on this but I treat this thing better than I treat anything else.
It's just too weak. The Notes I've had are still kicking along... Never had a problem....

Jostian

Oct 21, 2010
Pretoria

Looks like the price will be set around $1600 with hopefully decent trade offers for our Note 20/ Ultra. Possible S-Pen full integration but the battery size is a measely 4300-4500mAh which right there if true is a deal breaker for me. I'm expecting at least a minimum of 5000 mAh for me to shell out any of my hard earned moolah.

What do you guys think?
Nope, not interested, not IP rating, SPen is separate, hated that with the S21 Ultra, and didn't want that ghastly case, also until they sort out the durability I'm very happy with my Note 20 Ultra thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's official.

Not surprisingly with the chip shortage and the Android platform in a mess thanks to Android 11.

Fold 3 isn't going to even pay for half of the investment Samsung bet on the Fold technology let alone pay the rent🤣
    Lots of failures happening with the S21 U's and Samsung isn't managing that well at all.
    Next year Samsung better get their lame act together... lots of dropped balls and no slam dunks this year.
    ...I might get another note 9 if I can find one in good as new condition...
    ...If anyone has any recommendations, I'm open to info.

Hi, @rdunne,

A couple of days ago, I was cruising around on Samsung's website for a N20U S-view cover, and noticed that Samsung has a "certified" Note9 listed for sale (USA).

back on topic:
    No, I will not upgrade/trade from the N20U to the GF3. Still have the N9 as a back-up.

Next phone will be 2 cans and a string with CanDroid OS...
    I'll consider it if they offer a trade in of 900$ on my note 20 ultra. Samsung are wankers, they want all their cake and eat it to. Of course they didn't make a note 21 ultra or whatever, because they are hedging on us bafoons to bend over for their beta program.

Looks like the price will be set around $1600 with hopefully decent trade offers for our Note 20/ Ultra. Possible S-Pen full integration but the battery size is a measely 4300-4500mAh which right there if true is a deal breaker for me. I'm expecting at least a minimum of 5000 mAh for me to shell out any of my hard earned moolah.

What do you guys think?
    NO
    Thinking to skip Android all together... Fragmentation is just too much and till today Google couldn't come up with a viable solution. Adding to that major version upgrades in Android is just stupid compared to Apple... I hate Apple but I have no choice