Question Will you stick with the stock launcher?

Search This thread

lwinstead

May 4, 2011
Jamestown
Google Pixel 6
I've been a HUGE Nova fan for a long time, and if I'm honest, I'll be switching to it very quickly once my Pixel6 comes in. In the last version, when they officially dropped support for the TeslaUnread plugin, I knew the product had lost it's special sauce. Nonetheless, it remains the most customizable and best-featured launcher I've found. And if you're rooted, its just that much more useable. But DAMN....it sure sucks that I can't have PROPER unread count badges on my apps.

crankshaft

Jan 13, 2007
Google Pixel 6
I've been a HUGE Nova fan for a long time, and if I'm honest, I'll be switching to it very quickly once my Pixel6 comes in. In the last version, when they officially dropped support for the TeslaUnread plugin, I knew the product had lost it's special sauce. Nonetheless, it remains the most customizable and best-featured launcher I've found. And if you're rooted, its just that much more useable. But DAMN....it sure sucks that I can't have PROPER unread count badges on my apps.
I'm not fussed about unread counts, don't really have any, urgh that makes me sound lonely! But this is the first time I'm using Nova without the nav bar so getting used to gestures. Liking it so far

arsenal74

Nov 23, 2016
Google Pixel 8 Pro
I used to use Nova all time, never even bothered setting up the home screen on stock, since android 11 though I had to change that as the experience with 3rd party launchers is not longer good enough for me.

Gestures stopped working properly and I like gestures, yes they still work but lots of animation quirks and other stuff that depending on your device make for a generally inferior experience to stock. Just IMO of course.

If I was a launcher developer I'd be fuming with Google.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've been a huge fan of Nova Launcher for years, every time I get a new phone I give the stock launcher a try but end up back with Nova.

Can the stock launcher compete? Does it have any Pixel only features that might change my mind?

Ta
    Have to say, I spent about 15 minutes with it then installed Nova!!!
    Switched to Nova and couldn't be happier. Yes, original Widgets work on Nova @cyberdionisio
    Probably not, the stock launcher is pretty basic in terms of customisation.

I like the option to have different icon shapes and density tbh
    Got my stormy black yesterday and within the hour I had already put Nova Launcher on it.