Question Will You Upgrade to Pixel 7 / Pro?

Search This thread

roirraW "edor" ehT

Forum Moderator
Staff member

As for the higher-end Pixel 7 Pro, Google will reportedly offer the device in only 128GB and 256GB configurations in Europe. It isn’t immediately clear if Google doesn’t plan to offer a 512GB variant at all or if the higher-end model will be limited to select regions. We’ll have to wait until the launch event to know for sure.

I definitely wouldn't be moving on to another phone from my Pixel 6 Pro 512 GB model unless it either had 512 GB or more storage, or a MicroSD slot.

Last edited:

Ghisy

Mar 27, 2010
HTC Desire
Google Nexus 4

I definitely wouldn't be moving on to another phone from my Pixel 6 Pro 512 GB model unless it either had 512 GB or more storage, or a MicroSD slot.
I got my P6P in France and we only got the black model in 128 GB. That's it. I really wanted a 256 but didn't want to import from Germany or the UK because $$$!

Even the employees at the Manhattan Google Store were surprised when I told them! 😅

• Sad
Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Misterxtc

Seeing that I just got the P6P yesterday I will definitely NOT be upgrading. My last Pixel was the 4XL before I went back to a locked down S21U so this is a huge improvement for me. My only complaint so far is me sticking my finger on the rear camera. I have to run this a few days to comment on the battery but I'm not expecting it to be better than the S21 or Moto G Power 2022 I have as a backup.

Reactions: roirraW "edor" ehT

Tulsadiver

Recognized Contributor
Jul 11, 2013
Seeing that I just got the P6P yesterday I will definitely NOT be upgrading. My last Pixel was the 4XL before I went back to a locked down S21U so this is a huge improvement for me. My only complaint so far is me sticking my finger on the rear camera. I have to run this a few days to comment on the battery but I'm not expecting it to be better than the S21 or Moto G Power 2022 I have as a backup.
Good to see you, @Misterxtc !

Have you upgraded to Android 13 yet? If you haven't and are considering rooting, you might want to hold off depending on what and how you are looking at modifying it.

Last edited:

Misterxtc

Good to see you, @Misterxtc !

Have you upgraded to Android 13 yet? If you haven't and are considering rooting, you might want to hold off depending on what and how you are looking at modifying it.
Good to see you as well. I pretty much went to 13 out of the box after I unlocked the BL. I was reading 13 fixed a lot of bugs in 12 so I figured might as well go for it. So far I'm happy with it.

hello00

Dec 29, 2009
South Miami, FL
Google Pixel 6 Pro
More reasons for not worth upgrading
Yep. How can Google call it V2 when it's basically the same thing as before? They're starting to annoy me in the way Apple used to, and I actually switched back because they can actually make a phone that's efficient in terms of power and battery lol. I will miss customizing, but I'll learn to manage.
Exactly. I went back to iPhone too and I also miss the customizations but Apple is slowing letting us customize our phones with the new ios16.

Reactions: HipKat

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I was just interested to see who here plans on upgrading to the Pixel 7 / Pro come October? I'm on the fence but leaning towards sticking with my 6 Pro for another year. From what I've seen, spec-wise, I do not see it as a significant upgrade. And Android 13 is Android 13 on either phone. I tend to upgrade most years and am typically disappointed with the result (since my Pixel 4 XL, which I really did like). I mean, it's exciting to get a new phone but certainly not necessary unless you have a good reason (damage or whatever).

What say you all?
    Think I'll wait for the 8. The 7 sounds like a minor update so far, hardware wise. Some have speculated that the 8 may be produced on Samsung's 3nm Process, although others have said that it may not because it will be too expensive. I've got the 2XL, 4XL and 6 Pro, so just may stick with the 2 yr updates.
    Think I'll wait for the 8. The 7 sounds like a minor update so far, hardware wise. Some have speculated that the 8 may be produced on Samsung's 3nm Process. I've got the 2XL, 4XL and 6 Pro, so just may stick with the 2 yr updates.
    Same here, I only got the even numbers Pixels.

Still using my 4 XL, I'm having a hard time parting with it 😅

But I'm probably gonna use my 6 Pro very soon now that Android 13 has finally ironed out the bugs of 12.

I'm still slightly worried about the battery life and cell reception though.
    I've been testing MVK that is under volted and it has cleaned up a lotttt of the heat this phone use to give me. And he's UV the modem as we speak. We playing with 🔥. 🤣 Android 13 and MVK have honestly solved 96% of my problems I had with this Raven.
    Nope. Same Modem I read. And No 50MP shots really left a terrible taste in my mouth. 12MP is 12MP I don't care if it's BINNED or not. My 3aXL took better pictures and that really burnt me.
    My wife and I will likely either be waiting for the Pixel 8 Pro / XL / SuperMondo, or potentially until sometime after all security updates stop for the Pixel 6 Pro, so sometime late 2026 or early 2027. :D

Edit: We did similar for the Pixel 1/XL - didn't update until after it stopped receiving monthly updates.